The Falkirk FC Thread

Now that the season is officially over it’s time for the BOD to show they mean business. We’ve had 6 months of finger pointing and excuses (justifiably so in many instances) but it’s time for the excuses to stop and the action to start. 

Same old story today. Cove were nowt special just well organised and everyone new their role. First half at least we got stuck in for a change but neither team created exactly a pile of clear cut chances. Second half we're let down once again by individuals not doing their basic jobs. First goal a cross comes in it should be meat and drink to any 6 foot plus right back but not Williamson who just stands there and let's Milne header it in. Second one mutch rolls the ball out to a player surrounded by cove players for some ridiculous reason and it's a decent finish from Milne again. Apart from that the game was pretty much a non event. Griffith's brought one  decent save out of Mackenzie but that was about it from us. You just can't expect to get anything out of games when you make mistakes like that at the back though every week.

7 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Isn't a Saturday night these days without checking in on how the Scottish  Sunderland have embarrassed their fans again. 

Nah embarrassing fans is signing players that enjoy wanking in front of women pushing prams. 

5 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Is that what you do on a Saturday evenings for entertainment in Renfrewshire along with taking heroin obviously !!

Both those things sound far more entertaining than watching Falkirk this season it appears. 

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

Nah embarrassing fans is signing players that enjoy wanking in front of women pushing prams. 

Your star signing in January was someone who was trying to fire in to a 15 year old only about a year ago. 

I know beggars can't be choosers and we're in an incredibly low position, but names like Allan Johnston just give me the fucking fear. Considering where we are at the moment and the calibre of candidate we're likely to attract, I still feel we should have gone for Yogi in the summer. That won't be popular with some on here - but it really couldn't have been any worse than Cones and Rennie. Was never gonna happen with clownshoes Holt there though, so instead we appointed a children's coach who wouldn't put up too much of a fuss, before punting him and replacing him with a man who looks like he tests out his formations on Football Manager. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

14 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Allan Johnston at today’s game according to some on Twitter. 

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Now that would be funny.

Great, another guy that's been around the houses & achieved precious little.

Only needs somebody to show the fans that they can organise a side, with a style of play that's effective & can be believed in. That would buy them time to build something. After the past 4/5 seasons, I think doing the basics right would get the fans behind them.

Personally I think it's screaming out to be offered to Scott Brown. He's a winner who won't take any shite, be able to attract a decent player & he'd be getting a club, with a good support, that's on its arse. Wouldn't get a much better opportunity to build something from scratch & show if he's capable of moving on to something bigger.

8 minutes ago, port-ton said:

Your star signing in January was someone who was trying to fire in to a 15 year old only about a year ago. 

Wanking in front of young mothers trumps what Griffith's was accused of. He was never found guilty of anything anyway unlike Lithgow. That's pure sexual deviant stuff though wanking in public .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

22 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sadly, if MR chooses to do a post match interview, I fully expect him to run to the loss of his “preferred pairing” of Watson and Mills as the reason for all of our ills. He might pluck another tenuous statistic from thin air that like all of his other stats, does not stand up to a bit of fact checking.

To be allowed to bring in 6 new players plus Anton Dowds and do much worse than Sheerin, then it is surely time to call a halt. The 6 month contract termination must be invoked. To do anything else flies in the face of all logic.

His “turnaround” gave us two victories over East Fife, two victories over Dumbarton, and one victory over Alloa. That’s the sum total of his achievements. Enough is enough.

I still think they will keep him.

I disagree.

Only needs somebody to show the fans that they can organise a side, with a style of play that's effective & can be believed in. That would buy them time to build something. After the past 4/5 seasons, I think doing the basics right would get the fans behind them.
Personally I think it's screaming out to be offered to Scott Brown. He's a winner who won't take any shite, be able to attract a decent player & he'd be getting a club, with a good support, that's on its arse. Wouldn't get a much better opportunity to build something from scratch & show if he's capable of moving on to something bigger.

He’s won League 1 twice with full time teams. We don’t need another rookie manager. We need someone who has proven themselves particularly at this level and who knows how to get teams out the division. He might not be the most glamorous of names but Johnston is proven.

7 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know beggars can't be choosers and we're in an incredibly low position, but names like Allan Johnston just give me the fucking fear. Considering where we are at the moment and the calibre of candidate we're likely to attract, I still feel we should have gone for Yogi in the summer. That won't be popular with some on here - but it really couldn't have been any worse than Cones and Rennie. Was never gonna happen with clownshoes Holt there though, so instead we appointed a children's coach who wouldn't put up too much of a fuss, before punting him and replacing him with a man who looks like he tests out his formations on Football Manager. 

Surely every chance Yogi will be available again in the summer? Doesn’t seem that popular and even scraping into 8th, he might be gone? Whether he’d come to us is a different matter 

3 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Not a chance we can't afford to have another manager who's only just learning his trade. The list was shocking when Sheerin went, god knows what it's going to be now especially given the squad we have remaining for next season.

Just now, Russ said:

He’s won League 1 twice with full time teams. We don’t need another rookie manager. We need someone who has proven themselves particularly at this level and who knows how to get teams out the division. He might not be the most glamorous of names but Johnston is proven.

Be very happy with him. Will have good contacts around the game at this level still. 

4 minutes ago, kiddy said:

I'm 100% with on Scott Brown. Players would want to play for him and he would strike a good balance between standards being high but creating an enjoyable environment. Fully expect him to get a better offer than our rabble but he's the first person I'd be speaking to.