The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

They probably think if we get a severe scudding today, which could happen things could get heated. They maybe don’t realise the levels of apathy that have set in.

There was barely a murmur at full time v Montrose. I normally leave my seat to stand at the front of the SS with a couple of minutes to go. Last week I just sat there, kinda numb, for a few minutes after full time. 

27 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Club expecting trouble after last week's fan "interventions". Metal fencing in-situ in front of the South Stand side of the pitch. 

18 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Glad to see the board’s priorities are in the right place. The pre match lecture’s back as well.

First home game I've voluntarily missed since November 2009 - that kind of thing is partially to blame. So much for having fans on the board, they still treat us like shite. 

Wouldn't take long for doing something else on a Saturday to become perfectly normal if they keep this up.

Moving house in a couple of weeks so sacked it today to let me get on with stuff. So far middle daughter hasn't kicked up a storm about not going.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

His arrival had nothing to do with appeasing fans. 

So Sammy just happened to be the outstanding candidate despite having no commercial experience whatsoever? 

As I said, it was yet another nonsense ‘jobs for the boys” appointment that was made to appease the fans, and nothing will convince me otherwise.

10 minutes ago, MSG GTF! said:

So Sammy just happened to be the outstanding candidate despite having no commercial experience whatsoever? 

As I said, it was yet another nonsense ‘jobs for the boys” appointment that was made to appease the fans, and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Indeed. Just like Luke Holt happened to be the best goalkeeping prospect we could snare from that big open market.

9 shots from Cove to our 1 (an improvement compared to the near ice hockey tally we had from Montrose). That must be a lesser week in training from us I suppose.

Still, the following line on the official Twitter is comedy gold:

The Bairns have looked good when they have got forward

Edited by Taxi for De Massis

Just now, Taxi for De Massis said:

9 shots from Cove to our 1 (compared to the near ice hockey tally we had from Montrose). That must be a lesser week in training from us I suppose.

Still, the following line on the official Twitter is comedy gold:

The Bairns have looked good when they have got forward

the official twitter match day feed is awful.  surely this would be a relatively quick and easy fix for the new board amongst some much more challenging issues

2 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

the official twitter match day feed is awful.  surely this would be a relatively quick and easy fix for the new board amongst some much more challenging issues

Agreed, every single team in our league is better at match updates than we are. I’ve been following cove’s today for a more accurate reflection 

8 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Agreed, every single team in our league is better at match updates than we are. I’ve been following cove’s today for a more accurate reflection 

totally understand (i follow the very good bbc match feed, stats, line ups, tables etc which is excellent). 

and this is my issue, yet again we are chasing our fans away and making it easy for them to disconnect with the club rather than pulling them in. missed easy opportunity 

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

I'm not at the game or watching but I'd like to imagine that Hetherington and Miller have been utterly fucking ganting as per 

Miller has been an absolute abomination so far. He’s picked up right where Brad McKay left off last week. Jacobs as well is just a statue in the middle of the park. A completely pointless player.

5 hours ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

We are in real danger of falling to a level that will be hugely difficult to escape from. You only need to look 9 miles to see a club like Stirling Albion struggle for decades in the lower reaches. 

They used to have a similar support to us and probably share not too different a catchment potential. No one gets promotion on the basis of crowd figures or fancy stadia or innovative ideas. 

Our illusions of grandeur can be well summed up in Sam McGiverns decision to quit. We are immediately advertising for a replacement when we, as a struggling 3rd tier outfit, have a CEO doing what precisely? 

Honestly, gie me peace! 

The Bino's had a similar support to Falkirk! When? Honestly mate, that's the biggest load of slavers I've ever read.