The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Problem for me is where is the pathway for this 11 year olds side?  I'd suppose you'd need to keep funding them year on year and hope they are up to it  when it comes to them finally being old enough to join the 16s. Seems like a complete waste of time and money to me in this form especially when the 16s and 18s have only really just got going.  We all want a youth program back but let's do it properly and get the basics right before adding on more and more teams.

You are looking at a 7-9 year investment before you see a first team debut with the occasional exceptional talent bursting through early now and  again.

Therefore before you even start there must be budget commitment for that time period in place. Because if we shaft young players again then forget any talented youngster coming near us.   

3 hours ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

We are in real danger of falling to a level that will be hugely difficult to escape from. You only need to look 9 miles to see a club like Stirling Albion struggle for decades in the lower reaches. 

They used to have a similar support to us and probably share not too different a catchment potential. No one gets promotion on the basis of crowd figures or fancy stadia or innovative ideas. 

Our illusions of grandeur can be well summed up in Sam McGiverns decision to quit. We are immediately advertising for a replacement when we, as a struggling 3rd tier outfit, have a CEO doing what precisely? 

Honestly, gie me peace! 

Are you seriously suggesting that having a properly staffed commercial department is having delusions of grandeur?

Moon howling levels of nonsense, it’s one of the most important roles at the club.

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Would love to know what McCann has done to Rennie. Must be pretty galling seeing the shite that get picked ahead of him.

Especially as he’s contracted beyond this season and could actually be useful in a playoff/promotion push. Gross negligence not to play him. 

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Would love to know what McCann has done to Rennie. Must be pretty galling seeing the shite that get picked ahead of him.

Think he's just to got to sit tight and hope, like the rest of us, that this clown will be history very, very shortly.

Incredible that he is never given a chance while reams of utter dross are being selected week after week after week after week after week

Get yourself so far to f**k Rennie.

10 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Kieran left the club on the 11th of June and Sammy joined on the 30th of June! 

I know the dates; I was there. 

This had been planned for some time.

If you don't believe me speak to either of the two of them. They won't post on here but Sam at least is contactable and is still at the club. I doubt the plans for his job would be considered confidential, particularly once he leaves in a couple of weeks. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I know the dates; I was there. 

This had been planned for some time.

If you don't believe me speak to either of the two of them. They won't post on here but Sam at least is contactable and is still at the club. I doubt the plans for his job would be considered confidential, particularly once he leaves in a couple of weeks. 

Can’t argue with hearsay. You just said Kieran brought in Sammy which suggests Kieran was still there at the time and hadn’t left 20 days previous. 

You seemed to be contesting that Sammy was leaving just last week too so not sure what to believe to be honest 

This is simply a “please don’t hurt us” team selection. Rennie’s endless snubbing of McCann is now a huge irritation.

Griffiths again handed a “lead the line” role that he simply cannot fulfill.

MR simply must know that the game is up. His salesman patter has got to be stellar to convince anyone that he knows what he is doing. Of course, he might be aka Marto The Great Hypnotist. That would explain a lot.

19 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Think he's just to got to sit tight and hope, like the rest of us, that this clown will be history very, very shortly.

Incredible that he is never given a chance while reams of utter dross are being selected week after week after week after week after week

Get yourself so far to f**k Rennie.

Even if he doesn’t fancy him as a left back, it would still make sense to play him on the left of midfield.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Club expecting trouble after last week's fan "interventions". Metal fencing in-situ in front of the South Stand side of the pitch. 

First time I've seen people getting patted down on entry for a long time as well.

Can’t argue with hearsay. You just said Kieran brought in Sammy which suggests Kieran was still there at the time and hadn’t left 20 days previous. 

You seemed to be contesting that Sammy was leaving just last week too so not sure what to believe to be honest 

Kieran offered Sammy a job, Sammy accepted the job.
Sammy worked his notice at the job he was leaving, before Sammy started Kieran went off ill and never came back, when Sammy started he was on his own.

Simple

9 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Club expecting trouble after last week's fan "interventions". Metal fencing in-situ in front of the South Stand side of the pitch. 

Glad to see the board’s priorities are in the right place. The pre match lecture’s back as well.

Edited by PedroMoutinho

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 minute ago, grumpyoldman said:

Kieran offered Sammy a job, Sammy accepted the job.
Sammy worked his notice at the job he was leaving, before Sammy started Kieran went off ill and never came back, when Sammy started he was on his own.

Simple

Well Kieran had left before Sammy had started and must’ve been off for weeks before that. I’m not ITK though so can only go with what was reported.