The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Is it interfering with his day to day job?

When he’s talking to talksport while sat in one of our offices I’d say so.

Was no surprise to see Miller join when Rennie was appointed but if rennie was to stay I’d want miller to leave unless his media work was to be curtailed but not ended all together. 

He likely had this media work sorted pre joining us and was perhaps part of his negation to join so we appointed him knowing this likely.

5 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We’d struggle to field a team at all if that was a criteria for signings- the majority of players will be Rangers or Celtic fans.

Personally I couldn’t care less what team players or managers support- in reality they are here doing a job.

Aware that the majority of football players/coaches etc in Scotland will support either side of the OF but most keep it to themselves.

Maybe if he was doing a better job I wouldn’t be as arsed but he’s not so he can f**k off.

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We’d struggle to field a team at all if that was a criteria for signings- the majority of players will be Rangers or Celtic fans.

Personally I couldn’t care less what team players or managers support- in reality they are here doing a job.

There is a difference between being a fan and a cheerleader. Players will support all kinds of teams, that's not the issue though. If Holt had referred to Killie as "we" during his time with us, I doubt you would be as forgiving.

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Is it interfering with his day to day job?

You've already pointed out how fucking rancid we are, so I'd suggest yes? I suppose it's what kind of commitment you want from someone to turn it around. I'd rather he was devoting the majority of his time trying to fix Falkirk, the team he is employed by and paid by. Rather than taking a cheque to talk about how Rangers have defensively set up, maybe question why his own team are getting bodied 3-0 at home off of Montrose and 4-1 off of Airdrie.

Why didn't we hound Dowds for calling Arbroath "We" directly to Falkirk TV? Is it because it wasn't one of the OF?
I hate Rangers as much as the next man but this is the level of pettiness most regular diddy club fans would ridicule OF fans for.

The trouble is he played for Celtic too and many other teams. When he uses the word ‘we’ who is he referring to?[emoji23]

10 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Absolutely.

Im a Falkirk fan through and through but I still enjoy supporting Rangers and Celtic when they’re playing in Europe.

Can’t see the problem?

It must just be me but I actually support the opposition against Rangers and Celtic when they play in Europe. I don’t recognise either as representatives of Scotland, both would leave our leagues if they had the slightest sniff of an opportunity to do so and neither set of fans particularly identify with anything Scottish.

6 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

It must just be me but I actually support the opposition against Rangers and Celtic when they play in Europe. I don’t recognise either as representatives of Scotland, both would leave our leagues if they had the slightest sniff of an opportunity to do so and neither set of fans particularly identify with anything Scottish.

It’s the impact it has financially that creates an even greater gulf between “them” and the rest of Scottish fitba. 

Don’t worry - most fans outside the bigot brothers support the opposition. 

11 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

This was taken from a Scotsman article back in June 2019:

'Yet, data revealed by the digital manager of the SFA shows that Rangers have the biggest percentage of fans among Scotland Supporter Club members.

They are followed by four of the other 'big five' - if you will. Aberdeen, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs, in that order.'

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

There is a difference between being a fan and a cheerleader. Players will support all kinds of teams, that's not the issue though. If Holt had referred to Killie as "we" during his time with us, I doubt you would be as forgiving.

You've already pointed out how fucking rancid we are, so I'd suggest yes? I suppose it's what kind of commitment you want from someone to turn it around. I'd rather he was devoting the majority of his time trying to fix Falkirk, the team he is employed by and paid by. Rather than taking a cheque to talk about how Rangers have defensively set up, maybe question why his own team are getting bodied 3-0 at home off of Montrose and 4-1 off of Airdrie.

He isn't employed by Falkirk 24/7 and is entitled to have other interests away from work. That is literally what the majority of our board do FFS.

He could work part time in tesco on a Tbursday night for all I care. That isn't impacting how poor we are is it?

30 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

He isn't employed by Falkirk 24/7 and is entitled to have other interests away from work. That is literally what the majority of our board do FFS.

He could work part time in tesco on a Tbursday night for all I care. That isn't impacting how poor we are is it?

I think you are missing the point. Nobody is asking him to work for us 24/7 but its seems to be another example of someone taking the piss. Not travelling with the team to an away game cos he’s on the radio talking about Rangers? Sitting in our stadium at 9:45am on a Monday talking about Rangers? We’re not talking about a random Thursday night here. 

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I think you are missing the point. Nobody is asking him to work for us 24/7 but its seems to be another example of someone taking the piss. Not travelling with the team to an away game cos he’s on the radio talking about Rangers? Sitting in our stadium at 9:45am on a Monday talking about Rangers? We’re not talking about a random Thursday night here. 

Well it is a random Thursday night that has riled a lot of people up.

Miller has made more than share of money in football, why would he hang about at a failing League 1 club if he want fully committed to being here?

On 06/04/2022 at 22:28, Springfield said:

Thinks it’s been already covered, hearing Sammy is away. All the very best Sammy and still one of the best to wear the colours.

Thoroughly decent guy, hope he’s lined something up

1 hour ago, NUMBER 7 said:

Thoroughly decent guy, hope he’s lined something up

I'm pretty sure that he said that he had left his previous job on good terms and that if it didn't work out for him at Falkirk he could always go back there.

4 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

As Rome burned, Nero went on the telly to talk about Rangurs   

Just now, Chinatoon Bairn said:

32 by the time he returns to match fitness. Signed an 18 month contract with us in January and with his rumoured 1k p/w wages hopefully a reduction of that can be agreed.

We would probably be covered by insurance TBF