The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know this is totally off-topic and old news, but it's better than talking about our chances on Saturday. I saw on the Airdrie thread that they're talking about the possibility of Alan Gow going to them in some youth development capacity. I didn't really pay attention to the thing with him being Head of Football Operations, what with Covid being the main concern at the time in 2020 - can someone tell me the story of his appointment and why he left after so little time? I remember Deans making a snidey comment at the infamous Q&A, but he didn't really go into much detail.

Who were the Alan Gow backers, heard a snippet of him coming on board as Head of Youth with some far east investment,     Will believe it when I see it... 

4 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

How can no one at the club know what was going on? We remain a fuckin shambles. 

Came to light It had been done it the day after the AGM 

Edited by Back Post Misses

38 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Folk getting more wound up by Kenny Miller being a pundit than they are about the state of affairs we are in is an absolute minter.

Folk aren’t getting ‘more wound up’ by Miller being a pundit than us being shite, though. That isn’t happening. It’s just a massive riddy when your assistant manager seems to be on some form of media outlet every second day talking about Sevco, while referring to them as “us” and “we”. Get him to f**k.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Previous boards really have treated young footballers in our area like shite in recent years. They have left the new board with an absolute c**t of a job to try and persuade  youngsters to even consider coming to our club. We probably now have a terrible reputation at youth level when in years gone by our academy was held in extremely high regard.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

45 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I don’t think anyone is getting massively wound up, I just hate the ugly sisters and don’t want anyone who outwardly displays loyalty to either at my club. 

We’d struggle to field a team at all if that was a criteria for signings- the majority of players will be Rangers or Celtic fans.

Personally I couldn’t care less what team players or managers support- in reality they are here doing a job.

18 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Folk aren’t getting ‘more wound up’ by Miller being a pundit than us being shite, though. That isn’t happening. It’s just a massive riddy when your assistant manager seems to be on some form of media outlet every second day talking about Sevco, while referring to them as “us” and “we”. Get him to f**k.

Is it interfering with his day to day job?

3 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

We’d struggle to field a team at all if that was a criteria for signings- the majority of players will be Rangers or Celtic fans.

Personally I couldn’t care less what team players or managers support- in reality they are here doing a job.

Agreed. It's no big deal. I'm sure I read on here K Miller was part time which would allow him time to do his media thing

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Absolutely.

Im a Falkirk fan through and through but I still enjoy supporting Rangers and Celtic when they’re playing in Europe.

Can’t see the problem?

19 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Previous boards really have treated young footballers in our area like shite in recent years. They have left the new board with an absolute c**t of a job to try and persuade  youngsters to even consider coming to our club. We probably now have a terrible reputation at youth level when in years gone by our academy was held in extremely high regard.

Is that last sentence a bit of an over reaction considering we've just announced 14 new academy players?

26 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

Aird was chased out of the club for being a massive Sevco sympathiser and I'd boot Miller for the same reason. It's this 'we' business when talking about them that gets right on my tits 

Why didn't we hound Dowds for calling Arbroath "We" directly to Falkirk TV? Is it because it wasn't one of the OF?

I hate Rangers as much as the next man but this is the level of pettiness most regular diddy club fans would ridicule OF fans for.

3 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Is it interfering with his day to day job?

It doesn’t particularly bother me either but he was doing an interview on 9:45am on Monday morning from our stadium.

1. If that’s not interfering with his day job then it fucking should be. 
2. Get that to f**k.