The Falkirk FC Thread

27 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Arguments against Rennie - shite results, baffling team selection, awful to watch, terrible substitutions, failed in his remit to reach the playoffs…

Arguments for - He doesn’t tell the opposition who’s injured and, despite being brought in to reach the playoffs, he has successfully avoided relegation 🥴

The one and only stat he can cling to is that we have scored more goals under him than under Sheerin. His points per game is lower, his goals against is higher.

His only hope is that everyone we have yet to play has their fate decided before we meet them, and so their season is done, and maybe he can pick up a few points in order to say “look, it’s getting better”.

Guest FFC1965

Mind boggling that with four games left we can finish no higher than 4th, and could yet finish 9th and in a L2 playoff place. 

I went to Stenny v Annan on Saturday and be in no doubt either would give Falkirk a game.

Sorry, but why the f**k is Rennie staying even a conversation piece? 
Because it is (wrongly, obviously) as far as our wider fan base goes, probably not a hugely difficult sell, if you were on the board and minded to try.

#COYB

9 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

Mind boggling that with four games left we can finish no higher than 4th, and could yet finish 9th and in a L2 playoff place. 

I went to Stenny v Annan on Saturday and be in no doubt either would give Falkirk a game.

I wouldn't back us to win either of the 2 tiers below us with this squad. 

Just a bnuch of fucking losers.

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The one and only stat he can cling to is that we have scored more goals under him than under Sheerin. His points per game is lower, his goals against is higher.

His only hope is that everyone we have yet to play has their fate decided before we meet them, and so their season is done, and maybe he can pick up a few points in order to say “look, it’s getting better”.

The budget will have a lot to do with whether Rennie and Miller stay. There is a very good chance they will say thanks but no thanks and walk. 

Full/hybrid/part time.  Squad size.  Job description. Funds and what freedom has the manager in spending it. For example he may want to spend a good %  to move on contracted dead wood leaving him places to fill to wheel and deal.

All these are factors whether Rennie & Miller stay but also in new manager coming will all come down to money. Best of luck with that estimate with the finances of supporters being shredded. Get that wrong it would be the end.

Worrying times.

1 hour ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Sorry, but why the f**k is Rennie staying even a conversation piece? 

If he is offered an extended contract it’s up their with the previous boards decision to make Holt the DoF.

I’d also get rid of Kenny Miller today as his lack of focus on his job is totally embarrassing for us as his employers. It’s actually disgusting and whoever his ‘manager’ is should hang their head in shame.

10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

Falkirk play on it and train on it , it has to me causing injuries to our players.

Are we forgetting that we also have a newer pitch immediately adjacent to the old pitch and if the main one is causing untold injuries why aren't we training on the newer one and only using the old one on matchdays?

46 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’d also get rid of Kenny Miller today as his lack of focus on his job is totally embarrassing for us as his employers. It’s actually disgusting and whoever his ‘manager’ is should hang their head in shame.

Brian Reid did this in his later days at Ayr. It absolutely boggles the mind that coaches in Scotland see no problem literally working for the old firm in addition to their day jobs at other clubs.

57 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If he is offered an extended contract it’s up their with the previous boards decision to make Holt the DoF.

I don’t mind him doing media work see Haliday doing open goal and Clyde SSB and Marvin Bartley doing Clyde and BBC but when he was on Clyde SSB the night before Peterhead away and drove up after is a bit of a pisstake if the “team” are going up a night before you’d want the assistant to be there and not arriving after 11:30pm given the journey time.

Edited by gav-ffc

5 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It really isn’t. His record is ok, and COVID did well for him. He and his horrific Chairman Sim did whatever they could to avoid playing us at TFS. Regardless of our involvement or not, McGlynn was the one who pushed for Goodwillie, and then puts on his wee sad face to say how decent and upstanding a man he is.

His record elsewhere isn’t even ok, it’s pretty poor. A manager has to be judged on more than being delivered a big slice of luck by the outfall from a pandemic.

He's got Raith challenging for promotion to the top flight on an absolute shoestring budget.  And yet you say that's just ok.  His recruitment has been excellent over the last few years. A manager will always want the best players it's not up to them to be the moral decision makers at the club that's down to the board. 

56 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Are we forgetting that we also have a newer pitch immediately adjacent to the old pitch and if the main one is causing untold injuries why aren't we training on the newer one and only using the old one on matchdays?

That's owned by the foundation though not the club. I'd expect it's booked out a lot of the time. 

Just now, HopeStreetWalker said:

Another example of how mismanaged the whole stadium development was the council must have rubbing their hands.

It does seem that way.

A complex business structure where the community teams have more access to the stadium and surrounding infrastructure - I'll also include Comley Park in this - and yet the major reason for any of it's existence is playing second fiddle.