The Falkirk FC Thread

10 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Hope MR is right and you do get the first goal to give yourselves a chance against CR.  But there is a serious lack of fight about your team.  Confidence problem? Probably.  But the defense looked completely switched off and basically not caring.   And the penalty wasn’t a penalty… diving b*****d.  We’ll need to watch for that next week 

Yeah, the penalty was a dive, and a pretty obvious one at that. We don’t beat teams above us, and it’s near impossible to come up with a reason why that will change next week.

It would need Cove to have an absolute howler. We can only beat Dumbarton and EF, yet a few think that MR has improved us. That’s laughable.

Those deemed not good enough to get into our stating line up will be here next season. That is our world from this point on.

2 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Yeah, the penalty was a dive, and a pretty obvious one at that. We don’t beat teams above us, and it’s near impossible to come up with a reason why that will change next week.

It would need Cove to have an absolute howler. We can only beat Dumbarton and EF, yet a few think that MR has improved us. That’s laughable.

Those deemed not good enough to get into our stating line up will be here next season. That is our world from this point on.

I think it would be more appropriate to change your last sentence to;

We now enter the initial stages of oblivion for years to come unless the BOD empty this pile of imposters. 

11 hours ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Speculating here but considering Rennie has spent most of his managerial career abroad that maybe one of the reasons he got appointed was he could use his contacts to get a better standard of player in from the US or Korea etc and as was posted on here we weren't allowed to sign anyone outside the UK due to an admin oversight he had been hampered in what he wanted to do? Is there a chance he'd improve us considerably with a summer window and no constraints on signings? Might be it wouldn't have made any difference in January but who knows.

😀

Brilliant!

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

On 03/04/2022 at 02:42, Duncan Freemason said:

The Directors chose to not appoint a Chairperson, and have instead gone for a collective approach. My opinion is that of a few others…….we now need to see some visible leadership. It is needed now more than at any point in the last 20 years.

19 hours ago, Blame Me said:

It's not the FSS fault we are where we are.

Would be good if we had a figurehead to all rally round rather than nebulous groups like "BoD" or "FSS".

As an ex-pat who is unable to attend any of the “meet the board” type of events in BTG etc., I got to thinking who I could contact at the club if I wanted to air any of my grievances. I went onto the website and the most sensible email address that I could think of using was Anna O’Donnell’s, the Supporters Liaison Officer. No offence to Anna but not great.

The last board at least issued the email address of board@falkirkfc.co.uk for us to use ( I know that @Harry Kinnear has used it )but I don’t think that one is active anymore.

So, in a roundabout way what I am trying to say is that I think the new board are playing a blinder (for themselves, not for us) but not electing a Chairperson. Under the old regime Gary Deans as the Chairperson came in for 90% of the flak on here, with the new regime there is no individual person that we can target and use as a conduit for our grievances. Not good considering all the claims about transparency etc.

As an ex-pat who is unable to attend any of the “meet the board” type of events in BTG etc., I got to thinking who I could contact at the club if I wanted to air any of my grievances. I went onto the website and the most sensible email address that I could think of using was Anna O’Donnell’s, the Supporters Liaison Officer. No offence to Anna but not great.
The last board at least issued the email address of board@falkirkfc.co.uk for us to use ( I know that [mention=79]Harry Kinnear[/mention] has used it )but I don’t think that one is active anymore.
So, in a roundabout way what I am trying to say is that I think the new board are playing a blinder (for themselves, not for us) but not electing a Chairperson. Under the old regime Gary Deans as the Chairperson came in for 90% of the flak on here, with the new regime there is no individual person that we can target and use as a conduit for our grievances. Not good considering all the claims about transparency etc.
Jamie Swinney is the man you want to contact.

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

... So, in a roundabout way what I am trying to say is that I think the new board are playing a blinder (for themselves, not for us) but not electing a Chairperson. Under the old regime Gary Deans as the Chairperson came in for 90% of the flak on here, with the new regime there is no individual person that we can target and use as a conduit for our grievances. Not good considering all the claims about transparency etc.

Very valid points. 

Who does the buck stop with really? 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Jamie Swinney is the man you want to contact.

Duh! Of course! Mind you, I don't think I saw his email address listed on the website.

Cheers though.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Very valid points. 

100% agree. 

Once read a John Grisham book called The Brethren. Decent yarn. 3 judges who always gave their decisions 2-1 so that each of them could plausibly claim they were the dissenting 1 even if they were unanimous in reality.

Who wants to be ultimately accountable for the shambolic decision making so far?

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

11 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Very valid points. 

I can understand the collective unity, however considering our current situation, would it not be in the clubs interest to have a “head” type figure or has Serafini got the gig?

Absolutely scunnered with it to be honest. Was out on Saturday and didn't even bother keeping an eye on the game as it's just a waste of happiness. We're rotten and although it's not Rennie's team he's had more than enough time to put his mark on it. 6 new players in January + Dowds, yes we've had injuries but he clearly doesn't have it in him to get a decent reaction from the players. Have we even won 2 games on the bounce under Rennie? Constantly talking about us picking up a run of results and it's never happened. 

The board now have a massive decision to make as Rennie's clearly not cutting it with the majority of supporters. Can we have him as head of recruitment and get someone who can actually manage as I don't think he's capable of turning the shit show on the park around. So many of that squad we'll struggle to move on due to that fuckwit Holt giving them long term contracts so even if we do get rid of Rennie who the hell's going to get a tune out of those players. Hetherington and Mckay being the main travesties.

Edited by FFC 1876

Just look at the state of that squad.

Goalkeeper 
Paddy Martin (Is he injured?) - June 2023
Luke Holt - June 2023

Defenders
Blair Sneddon - June 2023
Ryan Williamson - June 2023
Brad Mckay - June 2024
Leon McCann - June 2024
Cammy Williamson - June 2023
Mackenzie Lemon - June 2023
Paul Watson - June 2023

Midfielders
Callumn Morrison - June 2024
Steven Hetherington - June 2023
Aidan Nesbitt - June 2023
Craig Mcguffie - June 2023
Seb Ross - June 2023
Ben Weekes - June 2023

Strikers
Jaime Wilson - June 2023
Finlay Malcolm - June 2023

I'd keep Watson and McCann. The rest can go.

Edit to add: McCann hasn't been good enough this year, but has shown sparks of quality and was more than good enough for this level at Airdrie. He's also one of the only ones in the entire squad who looks even slightly bothered when he plays. Watson - with a decent partner beside him - is more than good enough for a League One side challenging at the top end.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

8 minutes ago, Russ said:

Are all the young jobbers not out of contact in the summer? Thought the 3 of them had signed 1 year deals in the summer and Sneddon a 2 year deal last year m.

Williamson, Lemon and Weekes signed one year deals according to the website on the days they were signed. 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

I can understand the collective unity, however considering our current situation, would it not be in the clubs interest to have a “head” type figure or has Serafini got the gig?

No-one has the gig. I spoke to three of the directors last weekend and they' were waiting until the various elections were completed and final composition of the board was decided. 

TBH, I don't think anyone wants to be called "chairman". I know two of them certainly don't want it. 

43 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

Absolutely scunnered with it to be honest. Was out on Saturday and didn't even bother keeping an eye on the game as it's just a waste of happiness. We're rotten and although it's not Rennie's team he's had more than enough time to put his mark on it. 6 new players in January + Dowds, yes we've had injuries but he clearly doesn't have it in him to get a decent reaction from the players. Have we even won 2 games on the bounce under Rennie? Constantly talking about us picking up a run of results and it's never happened. 

The board now have a massive decision to make as Rennie's clearly not cutting it with the majority of supporters. Can we have him as head of recruitment and get someone who can actually manage as I don't think he's capable of turning the shit show on the park around. So many of that squad we'll struggle to move on due to that fuckwit Holt giving them long term contracts so even if we do get rid of Rennie who the hell's going to get a tune out of those players. Hetherington and Mckay being the main travesties.

I made the point to the director at the meeting on Saturday that MR would make a good Director of Football. Due to finances I doubt that there will be any plans to resurrect the role but I do think he would be good at it.

I made the point to the director at the meeting on Saturday that MR would make a good Director of Football. Due to finances I doubt that there will be any plans to resurrect the role but I do think he would be good at it.

Why? Like genuinely why do you think he’d be good at that? I can’t think of anything we’ve seen from him that would make anyone think that.

1 minute ago, ShaggerG said:

Why do you think he would be a good DoF?

I'm not looking for an argument, I'm genuinely interested. I don't think he should be anywhere near a full-time football club.