The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I really hope we go part time next season. I think that's the right solution as a reset. 

The playing quality won't reduce and we'll avoid the Jaime Wilson 'I'm a footballer' Ralph Wiggum type stupidity .

I don't want any of these sleeve tattoo types 'training' for a couple of hours then heading to the bookies or PlayStation.

Train in the evenings..pay good PT money and hire a manager used to working with PT players. Ideally with some contacts who can bring in guys short term who are happy to supplement the income they already have.

I don't think stating FT and paying utter shit with no other job 500 quid a week is really going to cut it.

You maybe go hybrid with 3 or 4 FT players - experienced pros who you pay nearer 1000 a week to. Guys used to this league who are winners.

I think there may be 13 players that will disagree though.

14 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

Rennie and Miller will stay, and 2000 - 2500 will buy season tickets. It’s how we are.

My question is how much will it be to offload the 12 contracted into next season (or the majority of them)?

That's the main problem if Rennie stays you need to get rid of nearly all of them as he has failed to get anything out them at all so no point in keeping any. However, at least a new manager may get more out of some of them with a different approach.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Many said they wouldn’t renew if Holt was still there and we sold 2500. I am not saying that it will happen again if Rennie is kept but the numbers never drop as far as everyone predicts. 
We will just have to wait and see what the Board decide to do. 
whoever it is has 12/13 players to deal with either, punt, loan or motivate. Good luck with that 

Far different environment and circumstances now from last season. Fans turned out In numbers as there was a genuine belief that with the then BOD that we’d have a team to get up.

Roll on two Largs type primary teachers and a disaster of a playing squad that at best, maybe a few can be moved on which will still take up a sizeable budget to furnish the rest.

As you’ve put it’s going to need not only luck but a magician. Unless the BOD can pull a rabbit, for me the STs will fall off a cliff, unless there’s huge changes. 

Edited by Springfield

44 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Now that QP have put us out of our misery, attention needs to turn immediately to next season. Starting with an announcement that Rennie will be leaving on April 30th.

Nope, not quite. Another QP 1-1. The narrative changes to “it’s not insurmountable, we just have to close the gap by 5 points in the next 3 games”.

Of course, the season is now done, dusted, it’s over. Rather than fanciful “it ain’t over” nonsense, he (if he is still in charge) now has to field the players signed up for next season (and yes, that is going to be unbelievably painful), and let’s see what we have got. Let’s see MR motive and organise them……or not.

His profile also says that he is an accomplished motivational speaker. Let’s see the man deploy that skill set.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

7 hours ago, FalkirkLad said:

You could sign Kane for the rest of the season and I can promise you he’d struggle to score in that system, I appreciate his abilities are very limited now but we could at least try and play to the ones he’s got and not lump high balls up to him every chance we get. 

I only saw the highlights but Griffiths laid on 3 great chances for teak mates in the first half. none of which were taken. you can argue about the rights and wrongs of his wages and signing him but he's done OK in a team of underperformers

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Let’s see MR motive and organise them……or not.

His profile also says that he is an accomplished motivational speaker. Let’s see the man deploy that skill set.

If he had had any of that skill set we'd have seen it long before now. He hasn't.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think folk will not renew specifically because of Rennie. It will be a combination of shite football not being worth what we pay for it, in the context of our living standards getting utterly reamed senseless. Things have to go in almost every household. All clubs will see a drop. If Rennie stays and we announce some convincing signings the levels might just be ok, but I dont think a change im manager in and of itself, boosts sales further than what they are destined to be due to other factors. 

For me it will be Rennie as I’m sure it will be for many others. Imposter!

3 hours ago, Blame Me said:

Hope the marketing group have some novel ideas in the pipeline for next season as it's going to be one hell of sell shifting ST.

Prices can't be slashed to meet the club's overheads so realistically we'll be asked to pay the same (perhaps even more?) for an inferior product. 

Rennie gone and you can argue that renewals will stay stable in the *hope* of better but keep him on and folk likely won't renew in fear of more of the same. 

Prices will have to go up as the cost of running the stadium on match days is going to double in particular floodlit  games.

The club have to look at vacating the stadium apart from matchdays to reduce costs. Plenty of empty shops with rooms above in the High Street for club shop and offices will be a hell of a lot cheaper. With the added satisfaction of leaving the council with their white elephant to pay for themselves.

Guest Ecosse83

I wouldn’t back on 2500 season tickets next season even if it’s not Rennie. The dip in crowds is now very noticeable, folk have had enough! 

Extending Rennie for next season would be suicidal for the board. 

I wonder if the break due to Covid will have an effect. Folk found other things to do on a Saturday and that routine of travelling to an away game then going to TFS then travelling to an away game got broken. When we got back it was to find the football on view even worse than it appeared on shitty streams and pixellot cameras. I don't think it will take a lot to make all but the most die hard of fans think "f**k this".

2 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

I wonder if the break due to Covid will have an effect. Folk found other things to do on a Saturday and that routine of travelling to an away game then going to TFS then travelling to an away game got broken. When we got back it was to find the football on view even worse than it appeared on shitty streams and pixellot cameras. I don't think it will take a lot to make all but the most die hard of fans think "f**k this".

We would have seen the impact of this at the start of winter and it never really happened. Football crowds on the whole are what they were pre-pandemic. Our dip in numbers will simply be performance related.

Edited by latapythelegend

3 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

There’s no doubt Covid changed our habits (for some life changing and tragic)

The long prolonged period of being locked away changed many people and even with restrictions lifted, the thought of travelling a 200 odd miles to some of the furthest away slots became an easy £15 to watch in home or pub, even for the most ardent supporters.
As said the poor quality of many televised games was the best way to get us back, but unfortunately the side have been appalling. 
My fear that these fans are now lost forever, unless we massive changes to the playing squad, which unfortunately looks very bleak at present.

33 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

Any chance you’ll do us a favour next week? 😂😂

We’ve now adopted “expect the expected”, so as much as we would like to, it won’t be happening.
Just have a look at the Montrose opener yesterday…..watch the body language of every defender and midfielder after the ball trundles into the net..

Other than Mutch, no-one gave a toss. They all simply trudged away. No pride, no nothing. Just a bunch of players fulfilling their contractual obligations. At this point in time, we are an absolute husk of a club.