The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Hope the marketing group have some novel ideas in the pipeline for next season as it's going to be one hell of sell shifting ST.

Prices can't be slashed to meet the club's overheads so realistically we'll be asked to pay the same (perhaps even more?) for an inferior product. 

Rennie gone and you can argue that renewals will stay stable in the *hope* of better but keep him on and folk likely won't renew in fear of more of the same. 

The BOD really need to understand that the many many supporters will not renew STs or PATG if Rennie is given the gig.
The attendance at full time will be the norm next season if the BOD don’t change it.
Many fans who have continued to back the club, have simply had enough. I didn’t attend yesterday but told that around thirty or so empty seats where I sit. From the highlights it looked like a ghost town after no2 went in.

Players have downed tools, players that simply aren’t good enough, with 12 under contract for next year. Manager out his depth, substitutions bewildering. 

We just seem to be stuck I n a constant loop . Manager gets sacked . Manager is appointed. Excuse for shite results is the last managers players but January will improve us . January goes by and we're still shite so out comes the January's a difficult time to sign players spiel it'll be easier during the summer.  Summer goes by, next season starts  and we're still shite, manager is sacked and it all begins again.

Got to say that Holt might aswell have signed the complete dross we've brought in this January. Jacobs has hardly kicked a ball for two years so no surprise he sits on the bench spectating constantly. Can only presume he's on the bench to collect the coffees or something. What a complete waste of money. Griffith's looks overweight and unfit so no surprise he's carrying an injury either. More money wasted.  Hull boys away home already well another great loan signing at Falkirk FC. We've had some shocking January windows but this one is right up there with the worst of them.

57 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

He’s been injured since the first week. He didn’t train for the entire week before Peterhead. Of course if you are paying top buck you are going to want to play him but with Dowds out with a hamstring then what choice did the manager have? Then Wilson sent off then perhaps the signing of a young striker might be explained more easily? 

It's no surprise he's crocked given the physical state he's in. Disastrous signing along with the majority of the 6 new comers.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

You've really got the knives out mate eh?

I think what BPM's saying is that Holt would be involved in identifying players but that the decision to sign them would lie with the manager, i.e. 100% Rennie/Sheerin signings. Which is most certainly as it should be.

Absolutely not. I agreed a lot with BPM during the old regime but ever since the new board have came in he’s tried to chastise me about various things I’ve said. If anyone has the knives out then it’s him. Im just pointing out the hypocrisy in some of the things he’s said recently, particularly those he has tried to shoot me down with.

I’ve not got it in for anyone on the board. I don’t know them but have heard decent things about them. With that said, I will continue to critique decisions I believe are wrong and unfortunately so far that’s been the case with Rennie and Griffiths. BPM is just running circles around himself trying to change the narrative at every juncture. 

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We just seem to be stuck I n a constant loop . Manager gets sacked . Manager is appointed. Excuse for shite results is the last managers players but January will improve us . January goes by and we're still shite so out comes the January's a difficult time to sign players spiel it'll be easier during the summer.  Summer goes by, next season starts  and we're still shite, manager is sacked and it all begins again.

Got to say that Holt might aswell have signed the complete dross we've brought in this January. Jacobs has hardly kicked a ball for two years so no surprise he sits on the bench spectating constantly. Can only presume he's on the bench to collect the coffees or something. What a complete waste of money. Griffith's looks overweight and unfit so no surprise he's carrying an injury either. More money wasted.  Hull boys away home already well another great loan signing at Falkirk FC. We've had some shocking January windows but this one is right up there with the worst of them.

Our recruitment record over the last 5 years really must be one of the worst in Europe. We continually manage to replace poor players with signings which are just as bad, if not worse.

Well over 100 signings and you can probably count the good ones on one hand.

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Thanks for this Shagger.

It sounds like they are using these events to tell us what is happening and what they are doing, rather than taking advantage of an opportunity to listen to what the fans have to say. So, no different from Gary Deans and the old board, eh?

I think they're doing their best, but I guess we could say the same about the old board too. I do think the guy was listening, whether any of what we said will have any effect is another matter of course? It wasn't him leading the meeting as such, everyone had their say.

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Find the Falkirk fans protecting Griffiths bit odd tbh. Lad is a total dud and you could have had 2/3 players signed instead who may have improved your team.

Rennie is like when we had Potter. A decent coach who is clearly miles out of his depth as a manager.

I'm not in any way protecting Griffiths. I didn't agree with the signing in the first place because it obviously wasn't going to be cheap and he's clearly not the player that was at Celtic. We did need another striker because we were very short up front but, I agree, the money could have been better spent. That said though we have tried to get players in with little success.

3 hours ago, champions said:

In fairness to the BoD they cant just come out at a Q&A and say that Rennie will not be here next season, would be pretty unprofessional, especially if they haven't spoken to Rennie

They should however be making the decision now behind the scenes, and telling Rennie that his contract will not be extended. If Rennie decides to go early then great, I'd have no issue with someone like G Miller taking the remaining games, can't be any worse.

Absolutely. I meant to say that in my post but I forgot.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

The BOD really need to understand that the many many supporters will not renew STs or PATG if Rennie is given the gig.
The attendance at full time will be the norm next season if the BOD don’t change it.
Many fans who have continued to back the club, have simply had enough. I didn’t attend yesterday but told that around thirty or so empty seats where I sit. From the highlights it looked like a ghost town after no2 went in.

Players have downed tools, players that simply aren’t good enough, with 12 under contract for next year. Manager out his depth, substitutions bewildering. 

Many said they wouldn’t renew if Holt was still there and we sold 2500. I am not saying that it will happen again if Rennie is kept but the numbers never drop as far as everyone predicts. 
We will just have to wait and see what the Board decide to do. 
whoever it is has 12/13 players to deal with either, punt, loan or motivate. Good luck with that 

I dont think folk will not renew specifically because of Rennie. It will be a combination of shite football not being worth what we pay for it, in the context of our living standards getting utterly reamed senseless. Things have to go in almost every household. All clubs will see a drop. If Rennie stays and we announce some convincing signings the levels might just be ok, but I dont think a change im manager in and of itself, boosts sales further than what they are destined to be due to other factors. 

Numbers never drop as much as people predict, but I think we're finally getting as close as possible to a crunch point for a lot of supporters. From what I've seen, that crowd yesterday certainly looked like one of the lowest ever for a league game since we moved in to the stadium. Combine a cost of living crisis with a 4th season in this league - then add in keeping a total diddy like Rennie, and I wouldn't be surprised if numbers plummeted.

Having the attitude that you can do whatever you want because the loyal masses will pitch up every week regardless reeks of the same perspective of the last board. 

Edited by 18BAIRN76

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think folk will not renew specifically because of Rennie. It will be a combination of shite football not being worth what we pay for it, in the context of our living standards getting utterly reamed senseless. Things have to go in almost every household. All clubs will see a drop. If Rennie stays and we announce some convincing signings the levels might just be ok, but I dont think a change im manager in and of itself, boosts sales further than what they are destined to be due to other factors. 

As much as I think keeping Rennie is a terrible move, I tend to agree with you and others that it won’t have as much as effect on sales as stated. I think we are due to have a decline as another season in this league is unbearable and a lot would have went back last year to the novelty of being allowed back to some form of normality, post lockdown. 

5 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Numbers never drop as much as people predict, but I think we're finally getting as close as possible to a crunch point for a lot of supporters. From what I've seen, that crowd yesterday certainly looked like one of the lowest ever for a league game since we moved in to the stadium. Combine a cost of living crisis with a 4th season in this league - then add in keeping a total diddy like Rennie, and I wouldn't be surprised if numbers plummeted.

Having the attitude that you can do whatever you want because the loyal masses will pitch up every week regardless reeks of the same perspective of the last board. 

Not seen anyone saying that. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Now that QP have put us out of our misery, attention needs to turn immediately to next season. Starting with an announcement that Rennie will be leaving on April 30th.

Cove have shat the bed recently. If their arse completely collapses and Airdrie go up then that makes next season even harder. Honestly can’t believe we are at the stage where we fear Cove and Kelty. 

I can't remember crowds as low as yesterday's looked at a league game for some time mind you.  Going to be a monumental task selling seasons if Rennie is still hanging about If we don't win another point this season the bod surely can't keep him. It would be complete suicide.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

6 hours ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I really hope we go part time next season. I think that's the right solution as a reset. 

The playing quality won't reduce and we'll avoid the Jaime Wilson 'I'm a footballer' Ralph Wiggum type stupidity .

I don't want any of these sleeve tattoo types 'training' for a couple of hours then heading to the bookies or PlayStation.

Train in the evenings..pay good PT money and hire a manager used to working with PT players. Ideally with some contacts who can bring in guys short term who are happy to supplement the income they already have.

I don't think stating FT and paying utter shit with no other job 500 quid a week is really going to cut it.

You maybe go hybrid with 3 or 4 FT players - experienced pros who you pay nearer 1000 a week to. Guys used to this league who are winners.

Remind me what level of football you played at again?...