The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, champions said:

Good luck to the guy if he has, was an odd appointment at the time seeing as he was going from healthcare to generating income, but no doubt he would have given it his best shot.

The stadium advertising is a completely false impression. So much "free" advertising for businesses who haven't renewed or no longer exist. 

It's clearly a hard sell and gotten harder.

I really hope we go part time next season. I think that's the right solution as a reset. 

The playing quality won't reduce and we'll avoid the Jaime Wilson 'I'm a footballer' Ralph Wiggum type stupidity .

I don't want any of these sleeve tattoo types 'training' for a couple of hours then heading to the bookies or PlayStation.

Train in the evenings..pay good PT money and hire a manager used to working with PT players. Ideally with some contacts who can bring in guys short term who are happy to supplement the income they already have.

I don't think stating FT and paying utter shit with no other job 500 quid a week is really going to cut it.

You maybe go hybrid with 3 or 4 FT players - experienced pros who you pay nearer 1000 a week to. Guys used to this league who are winners.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

3 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Their appointment of Rennie was far worse. A player can only do so much damage.. a manager this bad untold damage .

I have little confidence the new board will properly recruit the next manager having royally fucked up this appointment.

The only good thing they've achieved so far is binning Holt.

It was, I was strongly against it from the start and was probably the reason I got sucked back into this site 😂, but they can make it right as thankfully hes only here until the summer, just got to hope that they do.

3 minutes ago, champions said:

It was, I was strongly against it from the start and was probably the reason I got sucked back into this site 😂, but they can make it right as thankfully hes only here until the summer, just got to hope that they do.

He should only be here to this afternoon. 

And in their defence they did have to move quickly. They went about it all wrong and it was a ludicrous decision, but as you say they have several months to do it properly now.

There's no excuse for another bad appointment without due diligence.

There's probably several hundred K of income riding on the appointment in terms of season tickets and walk ups next season.

I don't think we'll sack Rennie now when it will be seen as a pointless sacking by the board. Nothing to play for, suspect they will opt to stomach the next handful of games and put out a joint statement saying that's the contract up thanks and goodbye, we now welcome applications

Just now, Bairnardo said:

I don't think we'll sack Rennie now when it will be seen as a pointless sacking by the board. Nothing to play for, suspect they will opt to stomach the next handful of games and put out a joint statement saying that's the contract up thanks and goodbye, we now welcome applications

Yeah, through gritted teeth I can kindof see that being the best thing.

It's just got to be difficult being a dead man walking for a few more weeks knowing you're going to be hunting some low level coaching jobs in America again on the side.

That cone planter role at Lower Arkansas Methodist awaits.

1 minute ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yeah, through gritted teeth I can kindof see that being the best thing.

It's just got to be difficult being a dead man walking for a few more weeks knowing you're going to be hunting some low level coaching jobs in America again on the side.

That cone planter role at Lower Arkansas Methodist awaits.

Not as difficult as trying to get folk through the gate. Cove will absolutely fucking batter us. Thats got another 5 or 6 goal thumping wrote all over it. Its basically the Partick game from last season, except Cove are in a tighter fight and will be even more up for it. 

2 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

That should signal to the fans that the season has effectively ended and attendance at any further games is unnecessary. 

I said yesterday that based on the game having no manager has no material effect so he should be dispensed with. 

Put him on gardening leave if we're not renewing.

3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

12 months from now we should have a team capable of a decent attempt at the play offs, that's all we ask.

Agreed. I'm definitely not in the terminal spiral camp. 

We just keep appointing bad managers. It's pretty simple once you get that one appointment right..

A good manager should easily have us 3rd next season with a competent side. That's acceptable I think.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Again you’re missing the point. You said before Holt left that signings would be 100% Rennies which says Holt would not be having any part in signings.

If he was to have no part in signings before being sacked then would that not also be construed as constructive dismissal? 

You've really got the knives out mate eh?

I think what BPM's saying is that Holt would be involved in identifying players but that the decision to sign them would lie with the manager, i.e. 100% Rennie/Sheerin signings. Which is most certainly as it should be.

59 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You didn’t pay him £1500 a week for him to have a great attitude though. He was brought in to score a shit load of goals and save your season.

He’s clearly not capable of that, even in the seaside leagues.

He absolutely would score a shit load of goals if we gave him the ball like, sort of, in front of the goals kinda thing.

19 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

That should signal to the fans that the season has effectively ended and attendance at any further games is unnecessary. 

I said yesterday that based on the game having no manager has no material effect so he should be dispensed with. 

Put him on gardening leave if we're not renewing.

I absolutely do not subscribe to the "We can't sack incompetent manager because we have previosuly sacked incompetent managers" theory, but with that being said, It's unrealistic to think the board aren't currently thinking "Do we NEED to show the world another sacking, when the manger is scheduled to leave once we play the next few meaningless games anyway". 

If we still had something to play for I would say roll the dice and hope SOMEONE can give the bounce we needed to get over th eline into the playoffs, but we don't, so it would be the epitome of a pointless sacking. 

The only thing we really need assurance of is Rennies departure, it seems to be worry that its not going to happen that drives the "sack now" thing for me, rather than there being any actual reason to do it. 

Theres no pride to be salvaged here. We just need to swallow it for a month. 

14 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

He absolutely would score a shit load of goals if we gave him the ball like, sort of, in front of the goals kinda thing.

Why has Dowds been scoring goals in this team? Why's Kabia outscored Griffiths?

I attended the meeting last night at BTG. It was an informal type of affair and followed the method that they've used before with having separate tables with a director sitting at each.

I had to leave at 6.45 so didn't hear everything but what I did take from the chat was this: I made the point that the BOD were in a strong position re Rennie as his contract's almost up so they have the perfect opportunity to get rid without having to sack him so I asked ''will Martin be our manager next season''? The reply was that no decision had been made yet but I got the distinct impression that he's going to be kept on. A comment was made by the director later on that 'he's not here for the money because we're not paying him much' (or words to that effect) which is probably where I got that impression from. I'm thinking that maybe he'll be kept on some sort of rolling contract that would be cheap and would allow us to dismiss him easily if it doesn't work out as I can't see any other reason for a failed manager to be kept on. Somebody else at the table said that he'd prefer that Rennie stayed as he'd like to see what he could do with a full pre season/more of his own players etc. I would like to see that too but not at the expense of what could happen to us if there's no improvement, so I reiterated that we have the perfect chance to get somebody else in without any need to sack folk and that a new manager would at least help the ST situation next season. Hopefully he listened to that.

We were told that they tried very hard to get more players in during the window but it proved very difficult (which it is TBF) and that the summer should be easier. He confirmed though that there are 13 players contracted next season and didn't seem very confident when it was suggested that it may be fairly easy to move some of them on.

The pitch was being blamed for a lot of the injuries that are being picked up. Griffiths can't train much and leaves every game wearing a moon boot, Mills has hurt his back and has gone back to Hull for treatment, Jacobs is carrying an injury as is Kabia and, as we know, Watson and Dowds are out. Morrison's knee hasn't fully recovered either.

15 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

The statement that he would score a shit load of goals is absolutely wild conjecture, based on absolutely no evidence.

f**k me, take a chill pill. I'm clearly having a go at the fact that we're not creating chances. Even given the fact that he's injured, it's obvious that Griffith's still has talent but he's not going to be able to run the channels or win high balls etc. If a ball was coming to a striker in front of goal I'd absolutely want it to be him, one foot or not.