The Falkirk FC Thread

Its clear we need a proper manager who can drag us up, demand standards from players and who can identify players with the correct minerals to get us, at least, challenging for this league. Tommy Wright would do for me. 

No more 'nice and polite' head coaches.

12 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Quite incredible that you can sign. A 1500 quid a week striker for league one and yet the team has actually got worse.  

You could sign Kane for the rest of the season and I can promise you he’d struggle to score in that system, I appreciate his abilities are very limited now but we could at least try and play to the ones he’s got and not lump high balls up to him every chance we get. 

27 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Quite incredible that you can sign. A 1500 quid a week striker for league one and yet the team has actually got worse.  

More incredible that pretty much everyone agreed it would get worse because Griffiths is absolutely finished as a professional footballer.

I didn't mind the Griffiths signing.

Understand now the fans against it were absolutely right.

Our January window bemused me though. I got grief from the board pals types for saying it looked a shite window, but what made it strange is that it was neither one thing nor another.

We recruited more shite like ATS that was no better than what we had, yet it's cost us money. If we were bringing in Griffiths it had to be alongside 2 midfielders of quality.

I think we either needed to spend nothing and hunker down. Try and scrape past relegation with little to no expenditure. Or really go for it.

We ended up spending money and still having a squad of utter shite and a catastrophically bad manager to lead them.

Appreciate the new board inherited a disaster but so far their decision making has been woeful.

4 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

More incredible that pretty much everyone agreed it would get worse because Griffiths is absolutely finished as a professional footballer.

Griffith's is not the problem here.

His attitude has been spot on but ultimately we aren't stumping up a wedge for that. 

Any player - regardless of wage - that should be the minimum.

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

Griffith's is not the problem here.

His attitude has been spot on but ultimately we aren't stumping up a wedge for that. 

Any player - regardless of wage - that should be the minimum.

You didn’t pay him £1500 a week for him to have a great attitude though. He was brought in to score a shit load of goals and save your season.

He’s clearly not capable of that, even in the seaside leagues.

That first goal yesterday was so utterly predictable.

Swarms of Falkirk defenders standing around our penalty box doing nothing, the opposition player gets away a pretty feeble shot, Mutch goes down in instalments and game over.

Deja vu all over again…

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

You didn’t pay him £1500 a week for him to have a great attitude though. He was brought in to score a shit load of goals and save your season.

I dunno. If he was in Airdrie's side he'd be scoring regularly I think. 

We're just so bad it's not possible. Definitely not worth the money though.. you are right there. He's probably done in the game now..unless he wants to play for a quarter of what he's on which is unlikely. No one will give him a 4 figure salary any more 

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

I don't think he's finished but he can't do it all on his own.

I expected more but this team has given him absolutely nothing. The fact he's now on corners says it all.

2 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I don't think he's finished but he can't do it all on his own.

I expected more but this team has given him absolutely nothing. The fact he's now on corners says it all.

His off-field antics and expected wage should have made the signing a total non-starter. A truly desperate move that has completely backfired.

The person or persons who gave the contract the green light should be chased out of the club.

Edited by Cardle is Magic

Just now, Newbornbairn said:

He's 5'6" and we're lumping high balls up at him ffs.

Given the red dot, you obviously disagree Marshy. Are you saying he's not 5'6" or we don't lump high balls up at him?

I very rarely watch Falkirk these days which is why I never comment on the players , I just comment on the  BOD and their many many mistakes over the years.

I did watch the last 2 games on stream and have to say I can't believe the massive drop in quality even since a couple of seasons ago.

Losing to Montrose 0-3 at home with a whimper seems to me an insult to the club and the many great players over the years, I would never have thought we'd sink so low. No disrespect to Montrose but before I left the UK to come to Oz I watched us in a Scottish Cup Semi Final boss Hibs (at least for the first half).        

How has this happened.

Oh yeah....I hate Craig Campbell, Margaret Lang & Gary Deans. They are why we are where we are, not down to anyone on the current BOD.

Edited by Hank von Hell

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

The person or persons who gave the contract the green light should be chased out of the club.

Their appointment of Rennie was far worse. A player can only do so much damage.. a manager this bad untold damage .

I have little confidence the new board will properly recruit the next manager having royally fucked up this appointment.

The only good thing they've achieved so far is binning Holt.

9 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Any truth in the rumours that Sam mcgiverns resigned?

Good luck to the guy if he has, was an odd appointment at the time seeing as he was going from healthcare to generating income, but no doubt he would have given it his best shot.