The Falkirk FC Thread

The vast majority of the fan base now feels though his race is run. 

The BoD may well see it differently. If they keep him, good luck to them. I don’t think there will be too many precedents, that’s for sure.

The Directors chose to not appoint a Chairperson, and have instead gone for a collective approach. My opinion is that of a few others…….we now need to see some visible leadership. It is needed now more than at any point in the last 20 years.

4 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

The vast majority of the fan base now feels though his race is run. 

The BoD may well see it differently. If they keep him, good luck to them. I don’t think there will be too many precedents, that’s for sure.

The Directors chose to not appoint a Chairperson, and have instead gone for a collective approach. My opinion is that of a few others…….we now need to see some visible leadership. It is needed now more than at any point in the last 20 years.

👍

49 minutes ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

Your club not even making the play offs. Now that's funny as f**k. The 'big team' being rank rotten is the funnient thing about this league. Their fans having big club syndrome is even funnier. I can sense your inner rage. It's hilarious. 😂

You are two years late with this patter, it’s been done to death.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Given the importance that is already being attached to next season, I struggle to even contemplate them making the decision to keep him in position. They'd literally just be dismissing the mountain of evidence staring them in the face -  performances, results, complete absence of the merest hint of any fight or professional pride, apathy on an industrial scale, rapidly diminishing crowds - crossing their fingers and hoping for the best. It's a gamble we simply cannot afford to take. How could they begin to justify awarding him another contract? They couldn't.

He now has an irrefutable, statistically-provable inferior record to his predecessor.

21/22 League Record under Sheerin: P16 W6 D4 L6 Pts 22 PPG 1.375

21/22 League Record under Rennie:  P15 W5 D3 L7 Pts 18 PPG 1.2

No one was looking for miracles but it surely wasn't too much to expect some improvement, especially in respect of the healthy budget he was provided with in January. There has been none. I really hope the conclusion has already been reached that he'll be gone, at the very latest as soon as the season is over, and that replacements are being considered. If not, we are in serious bother. Given the potential make-up of the league next season, I'd genuinely fear a relegation battle if he is still in charge. This experiment needs to end.

As I posted earlier the BOD can be in no doubt that Rennie *and* Miller can't be the guys to take us forward and should be dispensed with immediately.

They only need to ask how the players can train so well during the week - according to the head coach - and yet that translates to worsening performances when it matters.

Something doesn't add up and we also need to get to the root of why we always struggle AT HOME! 

Why does every other team enjoy our surface except us it seems. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well he was DoF at the time. Why would he not be part of the process? 

You told me with 100% certainty he had nothing to do with the January signings while he was still a part of the club but now he’s responsible for appointing Rennie!?

Edited by Caractacus Potts

As I posted earlier the BOD can be in no doubt that Rennie *and* Miller can't be the guys to take us forward and should be dispensed with immediately.
They only need to ask how the players can train so well during the week - according to the head coach - and yet that translates to worsening performances when it matters.
Something doesn't add up and we also need to get to the root of why we always struggle AT HOME! 
Why does every other team enjoy our surface except us it seems. 
Its nowt to do witg the surface. Its quite sinple other teams and players knowing that if you run, your run won't be matched. If you jump, you will get up higher than your man, if you challenge, you will not be challenged.

The best sporting analogy I can think of is the boxing journeyman whose only interest in a fight is not getting KOd so he doesnt get a medical suspension and can get paid again next week.

Imagine being a footballer playing in the senior leagues, and turning up and going toe to toe with our lot. You literally couldn't believe your luck.

37 minutes ago, Donathan said:

Is the meeting still ongoing? Surprised no one has posted about how it went 

The meeting was very low key. Directors sat at different tables and chatted with people. This was how it was planned to go. 

Obviously no one is happy but at least you can talk directly to this Board if you want. 

Why do people persist in saying Houstie should be back or we shouldn’t have let him go. For fucks sake of course he should have gone and he shouldn’t be back. Get real.  

13 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

The meeting was very low key. Directors sat at different tables and chatted with people. This was how it was planned to go. 

Obviously no one is happy but at least you can talk directly to this Board if you want. 

Was MR at the meeting?

54 minutes ago, Donathan said:

I can understand why people wouldn’t want to go along. It’s hard to feel anything but apathy at this stage. 

It was a very worrying sight looking from the Main Stand to the South Stand with a little less than 20 minutes to go. There were very few still in their seats……less than 200 I would say, and those in the process of leaving weren’t’ animated, they weren’t angry, they were pretty much resigned to it all.

It feels just like an endless nightmare, and no-one knows how to make it stop. We keep on creating text book examples of how not to do things. There is definitely a book in all of this on how to dismantle a football club in (say) 6 easy lessons.

In essence, two bad Boards and four bad managers in a short time frame will just about do it, and saddle you with a decade or more of trying to recover from it.