The Falkirk FC Thread

Just now, PedroMoutinho said:

So the patrons (of which every director is a member) had nothing to do with the decision?

No that is not what I said. I said it wa not just the new directors who chose the manager. 

Guest Ecosse83
10 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Holt responsible for Rennie now. Lol.

Interesting fact Holt interviewed Rice and Rennie for the job, he wanted Rice but obviously Rennie got it instead! 

6 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

No that is not what I said. I said it wa not just the new directors who chose the manager. 

In that’s the case we have even bigger issues than I thought. Why on earth would directors be outsourcing such a key decision to others (including Holt)?

I suppose it does allow the blame to be placed on others.

5 minutes ago, Amarillo Bairn said:
9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:
Well he was involved. So partly yes 

The new board let Holt have a say in Rennie being appointed, knowing the mess he had made of things and he would be gone a few weeks later?

This is absolutely wild if true.

I simply do not have the insight to see beyond what MR has done with the squad +7 this season, and see the sunny uplands that lie just beyond our grasp for next season.

Like it or not, MR has shown us absolutely nothing in terms of motivation, nothing in terms of organisation and nothing in terms of improvement (sadly the evidence shows the opposite), and nothing in terms of the rapid improvement that is his USP.

If he has convinced the BoD and the Patrons that he knows what he is doing, then perhaps that is enough, but this time, looking at that South Stand today with 20 minutes to go, I saw for the first time in a very long time that the supporters have given up on what they are seeing. There is no belief. How can there be?

MR has shown us absolutely nothing, and no-one is going to buy into worse performances than Sheerin is in any way a positive. No one is buying into a story that MR has saved us from a fate worse than death.

I can sit here and say that MR has ensured that we won’t make the play offs. Is it true? I don’t know, but it simply has to be as convincing as saying MR has saved us from a relegation play off battle……….which he hasn’t managed to do going by today’s Dumbarton result.

If the BoD think the punters can’t see the wood for the trees, then explain it to us. Tell us why MR is the best show in town, because I, we, they don’t understand it. Just explain why Sheerin was sacked, but the guy who has replaced him and delivered poorer results is somehow the future. 

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Interesting fact Holt interviewed Rice and Rennie for the job, he wanted Rice but obviously Rennie got it instead! 

I'd be interested to know why we appointed someone who was previously the assistant coach at the notre dame ladies college team, had never worked in scotland before and had no knowledge of the scottish game, the scottish transfer market and especially L1 over Rice?

2 minutes ago, champions said:

I'd be interested to know why we appointed someone who was previously the assistant coach at the notre dame ladies college team, had never worked in scotland before and had no knowledge of the scottish game, the scottish transfer market and especially L1 over Rice?

Why don’t you go Monday night and ask the Board yourself and see what they tell you? 

8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

In that’s the case we have even bigger issues than I thought. Why on earth would directors be outsourcing such a key decision to others (including Holt)?

I suppose it does allow the blame to be placed on others.

Holt was DOF. He would have to be part of that process in his role at the time. 

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Well he was DoF at the time. Why would he not be part of the process? 

Because he was a total fucking charlatan who was booted weeks later. Unless his removal simply came out of nowhere and wasn't planned in advance?

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, champions said:

It was an interesting appointment and one I thought was worth it at the time. At the end of the day it was a risk that hasn’t worked out and the 6 month deal was a very good decision now. Kudos to them for trying something different. Parting ways now would the sensible decision though! 

Just now, 18BAIRN76 said:

Because he was a total fucking charlatan who was booted weeks later. Unless his removal simply came out of nowhere and wasn't planned in advance?

You don’t need to tell me that but in his role they would have to involve him. 

6 minutes ago, champions said:

Also someone who managed in the MLS far above the level we're at. You can argue whether Rennie should be kept on or not but in a week 91000 watched a women's game this patronising approach to the woman's game is just embarrassing.

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

It was an interesting appointment and one I thought was worth it at the time. At the end of the day it was a risk that hasn’t worked out and the 6 month deal was a very good decision now. Kudos to them for trying something different. Parting ways now would the sensible decision though! 

Was it interesting though? Looked pretty shite from the get go. Someone essentially out of the game having slipped so far down the pole, he was a coach at a women's college team.

I get that he wasn't Largs Mafia which is the only thing on his favour but other than that it looked a massive gamble for a club even of our size.

More the kind of thing you'd expect from a Spartans or Stirling University.