The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Clydes last gasp equaliser the other week for a very stark comparison between what Imrie gets out of a limited squad versus what Rennie gets out of ours. 

Seriously how can the manager be culpable for that goal? We had 3 players shit out of challenges and a keeper who went down like a roll of carpet. The same keeper who threw it in the net last week too. 

Seriously how can the manager be culpable for that goal? We had 3 players shit out of challenges and a keeper who went down like a roll of carpet. The same keeper who threw it in the net last week too. 

The individual mistakes he can no nothing about you’re correct. However he can change the shape. For the last 10 minutes Clyde went with 3 central strikers up against our 2 centre backs and starting causing some bother and putting pressure on. He failed to counter that made a couple of like for like changes keeping the same formation. He should’ve been putting another defender on going to a back 5 and shutting up shop. He didn’t however as tactically he’s clueless.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Because its a theme of his tenure unfortunately. I don't like the players for doing it, in fact I'm fucking seething at them, but the same could be said of the end of Housties time here. I didn't grow to hate or even dislike Houstie, but I found myself calling for him to be removed from post all the same. 

A very common theme of this thread is just how many of these jobbers are here for next season. So with that in mind, Rennie isn't going to get any more out of them. It might not be his fault entirely, but it;'s something that has to be accounted for when selecting a manger to take forward a team who have become synonymous with shitebag performances and easy shifts for the opposition. 

3 minutes ago, Russ said:

The individual mistakes he can no nothing about you’re correct. However he can change the shape. For the last 10 minutes Clyde went with 3 central strikers up against our 2 centre backs and starting causing some bother and putting pressure on. He failed to counter that made a couple of like for like changes keeping the same formation. He should’ve been putting another defender on going to a back 5 and shutting up shop. He didn’t however as tactically he’s clueless.

How can he be accountable for the 3/4 sitters missed that day? 

3 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Because its a theme of his tenure unfortunately. I don't like the players for doing it, in fact I'm fucking seething at them, but the same could be said of the end of Housties time here. I didn't grow to hate or even dislike Houstie, but I found myself calling for him to be removed from post all the same. 

A very common theme of this thread is just how many of these jobbers are here for next season. So with that in mind, Rennie isn't going to get any more out of them. It might not be his fault entirely, but it;'s something that has to be accounted for when selecting a manger to take forward a team who have become synonymous with shitebag performances and easy shifts for the opposition. 

Who is to say we will have them? A new manager would have the same issue if he can’t churn the squad. 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Its not just about individual incidents though. Its about theme, direction, what we can accurately predict each week. 

Among the things we can accurately predict are, the midfield losing the battle, individuals all over the park losing their individual battles with no physicality on show, defensive disorganisation, utter shitebagness, turgid attempts at "playing out", a failure to adjust tactically when needed. 

Guest Ecosse83

My mind was made up with the 87th minute substitution replacing centre back with centre back at home when I’m need of a goal. 

7 new faces and zero improvement says it all 

Edited by Ecosse83

He can’t. Like I said he can do nothing about individual errors. But what he can do is react to the game and counter changes made by the opposition. He didn’t and he doesn’t.

You really are trying very fucking hard to put a positive spin on Rennie. Just give it a rest mate he’s shite. We’re not having a go at the board for appointing him it was a brave and refreshing choice at the time unfortunately it’s not worked out and he should be moved on at the end of his contract.

1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

Who is to say we will have them? A new manager would have the same issue if he can’t churn the squad. 

Apologies lack of multi quote, popped up when I was sending the last one. I would be interested to to see if a Morton fan can back up my theory here, but I bet before Imrie came in, they had similar complaints to ourselves

1 minute ago, Russ said:

He can’t. Like I said he can do nothing about individual errors. But what he can do is react to the game and counter changes made by the opposition. He didn’t and he doesn’t.

You really are trying very fucking hard to put a positive spin on Rennie. Just give it a rest mate he’s shite. We’re not having a go at the board for appointing him it was a brave and refreshing choice at the time unfortunately it’s not worked out and he should be moved on at the end of his contract.

Rennie leaving in the summer should be seen as a huge positive for the board if he ends up leaving. The six month deal would look like a masterstroke.

2 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Rennie leaving in the summer should be seen as a huge positive for the board if he ends up leaving. The six month deal would look like a masterstroke.

Surely a master stroke would've been appointing s decent manager and him getting us into the playoffs though? The 6 month contract is more of a relief than anything.

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Surely a master stroke would've been appointing s decent manager and him getting us into the playoffs though? The 6 month contract is more of a relief than anything.

Well obviously but they would have appointed Rennie thinking he was going to be the right manager for us. He's failed his audition.

54 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

In your opinion. 

Get the contract out, put it on the table. Let him sign it, let him write whatever numbers he wants to put on there, given what he's done since he's come in. Rennie's at the wheel

3 hours ago, FFC1982 said:

I’m not excusing Rennie for anything but how long is fair to give someone after 7 or 8 years of continual mediocrity and a board desperately trying to remove a sense of apathy thats been hanging around the club for the same length of time. The same squad albeit with some additions wasn’t good enough before Rennie came in but I’m sure the BOD will need a bit more that 3 months to turn the ship around.

I’m behind the new board 100%. I believe they are good Falkirk men who in time, will do their best to fix the mess they have been left. However, if they are desperately trying to remove the apathy amongst the support, the last thing they ought to do is extend the contract of a dud that the vast majority of fans don’t want. Rennie has shown nothing to merit being here next season. 

Edited by MSG GTF!

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It could be Rennie  and Miller wanted a 6 month deal to get an idea of the clusterf**k they were involved with. So the length of contract way well have been instigated by them.

Guest Caractacus Potts
On 14/09/2021 at 16:20, Back Post Misses said:

For David Holmes, I give you Gary Deans. For Jim Jefferies and his recruitment I give you Gary Holt. There ends any comparison any sane person should ever make with 1991. 

On 12/09/2021 at 21:50, Back Post Misses said:

An element of the fanbase has accepted mediocrity for years. They can crack on.

On 12/09/2021 at 08:00, Back Post Misses said:

Let’s be honest. 80% of the players are not Sheerin’s picks. Outside the Albanian and English lad the vast majority of fans could have picked the players Holt’s has assembled and he is taking 50k for the privilege. We are a two man team and one will be on the treatment table for 6-8 weeks apparently. No doubt giving Holt his get out of jail card. 

On yesterday’s view the squad lacks pace, physicality and guts. When it boils down to it yesterday Alloa look much better equipped for this league than us. The best team in the league? Aye right! 

Need to get back on the winning trail and very quickly. 

On 07/09/2021 at 07:57, Back Post Misses said:

Holt has put his faith in Ruth. We have all been crying out for a CF to score goals this is the one to do that in his opinion.  Let’s see how the lad does. Pressure on Holt if he isn’t the player the team needs. I hope he plays Saturday because the strikers Keena included havent been good enough so far. 

On 05/09/2021 at 17:35, Back Post Misses said:

The only person I am critical in this is Holt. He signs the players. He has been in the job since January and the best striker he could come up with is Wilson? Come on FFS wake up and smell the coffee. 
I have no doubt we are better to watch. I like the manager but he needs to tools to do the job. 

On 05/09/2021 at 13:40, Back Post Misses said:

What utter drivel. Holt has access to all the contracts from all clubs up and down the country. To say not one was available is just rubbish 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

So we lose 6-0 to Queens Park at the start of December. Holt and Sheerin think the team only needs cover at RB so we were going to run with the same squad. Of course we would have been struggling as Dowds would also have been at Arbroath after they told him he was 5th choice striker. 

On 23/02/2022 at 11:16, Back Post Misses said:

No they are well aware of the midfield issues but have not managed to get personnel in they want 

This will add to your tedium however if you continue to say we will have been relegated then I must continue to ask what backs up your opinion that we will have faired worse under Sheerin when all stats point to Rennie being equally as poor?

Secondly you once blamed Holt but now Sheerin for recruitment. You also said 100% of players in January will be Rennie’s so if he is let off for having only half a team then what portion was Sheerin’s considering you previously stated Holt brought in the vast majority? 

Thirdly are we to just take your word for granted about Holt(and now Sheerin) saying all we needed was a right back and striker? Considering you lamented the lack of leaks in the board, how can we take this rumour as a matter of fact now?

Fourthly if Rennie isn’t to blame for individual errors that cost games then in your books why does Sheerin get held accountable for the calamitous display against Queens?