The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Do you intend going?

I think the article saying that he will be in contention tomorrow points to Dowds and Morrison not being ready. Griffiths has been carrying an injury for weeks and apparently can't do a lot of training and Kabia seems to be another 'made of glass' type.

Whilst I can see why you're saying that the remaining games are meaningless I certainly hope that Rennie and the players don't have the same mindset. We've got to fight while there's still a chance!

No I won’t be attending either the game or the meeting as explained in earlier post.
You have my total respect that you think we’ve still got a chance, so good luck for tomorrow.

This is just a football forum. In what way do you support the BoD on a forum? I think most have been pretty clear on laying the blame at the door of those responsible….Deans, his yes men, Holt and Sheerin.
So what more can be done on a forum? The BoD were congratulated on a sensible approach to Rennie…….6 months to see what he can do. Now, the BoD might see what he has done as evidence enough that he is worth the gig next season. The support have in general, seen the opposite side of things. In the last three games, the Airdrie and Peterhead gigs have served up football as bad as we have seen in a long time (QP game excepted).
So I ask again. What can we do or should we do on a football forum to support the BoD?

Stop being smart arse dicks for a start

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

No I won’t be attending either the game or the meeting as explained in earlier post.
You have my total respect that you think we’ve still got a chance, so good luck for tomorrow.

I thought you might go to inform them that they can just terminate contracts.

27 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I think he got a foot injury in his first game against Alloa, and it hasn’t fully healed.

Since 2019 or so....

How many watched the Rennie pre match video and shouted at the screen ?

BTW post match will be interesting even if we pull of the miracle of winning .....yep I'm calling a win at home v Montrose a miracle 

Edited by MrDust

7 hours ago, MrDust said:

Since 2019 or so....

How many watched the Rennie pre match video and shouted at the screen ?

BTW post match will be interesting even if we pull of the miracle of winning .....yep I'm calling a win at home v Montrose a miracle 

Two parts jumped out for me. Firstly he states an improvement defensively - there hasn’t been. Secondly, when he talks about the signing of Malcolm and the direction of the club moving forward it really does sound like he’ll be here next season - that’s really worrying.

Guest Ecosse83

If Rennie is here next season then as previously stated I’m done. Apart from a few on here no one wants him next season and if the board go against that then it won’t be good at all. 

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

If Rennie is here next season then as previously stated I’m done. Apart from a few on here no one wants him next season and if the board go against that then it won’t be good at all. 

I’m not done based on Rennie but I’m 100% not getting a season ticket to watch the style of football he prefers his teams to play as I don’t enjoy it.

Like I said previously,  if Rennie is in charge, I think 6th is the best we can hope for.

Ah the irony on this forum at times gets me. We want youth development but lets pan an 18 year old laddie who gets into the worst team in our recent history, boo him every time he plays a backward pass and blame him rather than McKay and Hall for the rubbish we were served up at the start of the season- i wonder why young players aren’t queuing up to play for our team? 

Lemon looked like a decent player on the rare occasion where he had an experienced pro(Dixon).

I’m not excusing Rennie for anything but how long is fair to give someone after 7 or 8 years of continual mediocrity and a board desperately trying to remove a sense of apathy thats been hanging around the club for the same length of time. The same squad albeit with some additions wasn’t good enough before Rennie came in but I’m sure the BOD will need a bit more that 3 months to turn the ship around.

35 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Two parts jumped out for me. Firstly he states an improvement defensively - there hasn’t been. Secondly, when he talks about the signing of Malcolm and the direction of the club moving forward it really does sound like he’ll be here next season - that’s really worrying.

Yep the we have improved defensively last couple of games....erm 4 goals in 2 games.

He'd be as well telling us the world is flat and not round weekly

Put simply, once it's mathematically impossible to reach the play-offs (due any day soon), Rennie should walk. 

Despite the tripe he's inherited, his remit would have been securing a play-off spot. 

He's failed miserably and has improved nothing. 

Keep him on and all the BoD do is hasten our continued free fall to football oblivion 

34 minutes ago, FFC1982 said:

Ah the irony on this forum at times gets me. We want youth development but lets pan an 18 year old laddie who gets into the worst team in our recent history, boo him every time he plays a backward pass and blame him rather than McKay and Hall for the rubbish we were served up at the start of the season- i wonder why young players aren’t queuing up to play for our team? 

Lemon looked like a decent player on the rare occasion where he had an experienced pro(Dixon).

I’m not excusing Rennie for anything but how long is fair to give someone after 7 or 8 years of continual mediocrity and a board desperately trying to remove a sense of apathy thats been hanging around the club for the same length of time. The same squad albeit with some additions wasn’t good enough before Rennie came in but I’m sure the BOD will need a bit more that 3 months to turn the ship around.

Yes the BOD are in three and a bit months now and need time. However there is a large number of supporters that believe Rennie is out his dept and not the manager to take us out this league.

Rennies last interview pre Montrose game, gives the impression he will get the gig next season. For me this will be a complete wrong decision and will have serious impact on supporters renewing STs.

However if the club intend to empty the shite, and give Rennie a clean slate that may appease many, however Serafini has already called the first warning shots about the clubs current financial woes.

46 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Yep the we have improved defensively last couple of games....erm 4 goals in 2 games.

He'd be as well telling us the world is flat and not round weekly

Aside from a minority on here who think Rennie’s tenure has been reasonably successful, the majority of people I’ve spoken to on it don’t think he’s the right fit. The worry is the board may be really headstrong and appoint their man no matter what. 

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Aside from a minority on here who think Rennie’s tenure has been reasonably successful, the majority of people I’ve spoken to on it don’t think he’s the right fit. The worry is the board may be really headstrong and appoint their man no matter what. 

Agree and we’ve seen the damage conducted by other BODs with this mindset 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I’m not done based on Rennie but I’m 100% not getting a season ticket to watch the style of football he prefers his teams to play as I don’t enjoy it.

Like I said previously,  if Rennie is in charge, I think 6th is the best we can hope for.

That’s a better way to put it than my toys out the pram post 😆

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, FFC1982 said:

I’m sure the BOD will need a bit more that 3 months to turn the ship around.

Could be a lot longer if Rennie is kept on.

I’ve no doubt there are a lot of things to deal with but first and foremost, they have to get the right person in to manage the club. Unfortunately, I don’t think Rennie is the man for the job. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts