The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do we really not make guys have medicals before we sign them ? Surely not !!

I'm sure we do. 

In Morrisons case this was an existing player who had started the season well and I assume had been re-assured by medical professionals that the injury and recovery was straightforward. 

We did what any club would do and looked to tie down an asset on a longer deal to protect ourselves from other clubs and also to potentially reassure CM that he was integral to the side - at that point. 

Speculating here but having him return sooner than he was ready (through his or managements fault) may have complicated his recovery and now he and we are suffering when needed most. 

38 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Do we really not make guys have medicals before we sign them ? Surely not !!

Just have to remember he was an existing player…..and easily one of the best (when fit). Coming in from elsewhere, then yes, he would require a medical.

Guest FFC1965
2 hours ago, Springfield said:

First time in a very long time I’ve decided that I cannot stomach the absolute shite and decided not to go on Saturday, and most likely finished with attending any remaining games.

Good luck for anyone still prepared to watch a set of guys who clearly don’t give two Fcks for the club. Clear decisive correct decisions by the BOD will determine if three STs are renewed.

That's pretty much where I am.   I tend to miss some games at the start and the end of each season anyway but the dross on display recently has made me think I've actually dodged a bullet.   At least in the dark days of tier 3 last time I felt like the likes of George Watson, Brian Brown, Paul Leetion & Ally McRoberts were giving it everything.  

I think I've attended maybe 8 home league games this season so that's £37.50 a pop.  I definitely can't go on Saturday or to the two other remaining home games in April.   I suspect the club is already seeing a downturn in revenue through fewer bums on seats in hospitality etc as folk vote with their feet.   

I've signed up for FSS and will stick with it regardless but as things stand I'm most likely to just do PAYG next season rather than renew ST.   

I doff my cap to those brave enough to have invested £10k of their hard earned into the club.     

Guest Ecosse83

Let’s not start on the new setup running the club too soon. They will need time and space to turn things around.

Yes they appointed Rennie which hasn’t worked out but at least they were savvy enough to make it just a 6 month deal. Let’s judge them more over the next few years and not just months into taking over the shit show that they inherited.

ps if they appoint Rennie for next season then I’ll change my mind on that 😂

(This isn't applicable if people are struggling financially) Don't quite get how people could have sat through years and years of shite, whilst being hated by the people their money was going to, and decide that now, when the new board have been in for 5 minutes, is the time to stop supporting the club? IMO you have to have more about yourself than that. 

I'd like the BOD to outline just exactly what the 'mess' they've been left with is. I'm not disbelieving them in anyway but we continually hear that they've been left with a lot to clear up and that they need to be given time to do it.

I obviously understand that some details may not be able to be made public for legal reasons or to protect individuals or whatever but I do think that a list of things that they've been working on would get fans onside and would maybe make some fans a bit more patient re our current predicament. Whenever I hear the narrative I get a mental picture of them all sitting round the Boardroom table with a huge list on a board and the sweat pouring from them as they try to sort it out!

We have already been told about the non payment of the fee required to sign foreign players so there's one thing we can tick off the list straight off.

Something that I think would help.

23 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I'd like the BOD to outline just exactly what the 'mess' they've been left with is. I'm not disbelieving them in anyway but we continually hear that they've been left with a lot to clear up and that they need to be given time to do it.

I obviously understand that some details may not be able to be made public for legal reasons or to protect individuals or whatever but I do think that a list of things that they've been working on would get fans onside and would maybe make some fans a bit more patient re our current predicament. Whenever I hear the narrative I get a mental picture of them all sitting round the Boardroom table with a huge list on a board and the sweat pouring from them as they try to sort it out!

We have already been told about the non payment of the fee required to sign foreign players so there's one thing we can tick off the list straight off.

I think you’ll be getting plenty of that fairly soon.

Have a little patience.

Just remember these people have other jobs to do and can’t spend all their time at FFC.

30 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I 100% agree with this. With the good weather in the summer, you could even do it in the manner they had that meeting in the stadium a decade ago (when all the fans sat in the stand and said Pressley should go and they kept him anyway:lol:). Market it as proper 'clear the air' talks - set out exactly what the situation was when they took over, where the club is at now and what needs to be done to get back on track. I suspect you'd get a lot of fans willing to listen to that kind of openness.

Although, I suspect you're right we wouldn't get everything - it wouldn't surprise me if people like Holt signed NDA's. Hartley allegedly did the same; he's barely mentioned his time with us since he left.

35 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Good post and I agree it might help the fanbase be more patient.

Guest Caractacus Potts
42 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

I think you’ll be getting plenty of that fairly soon.

Have a little patience.

Just remember these people have other jobs to do and can’t spend all their time at FFC.

I don’t know why the directors have to work so hard when there are a lot of employees working for Falkirk including a CEO.

Surely it’s their job to make sure the club is being run properly!?

Edited by Caractacus Potts

29 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I 100% agree with this. With the good weather in the summer, you could even do it in the manner they had that meeting in the stadium a decade ago (when all the fans sat in the stand and said Pressley should go and they kept him anyway:lol:). Market it as proper 'clear the air' talks - set out exactly what the situation was when they took over, where the club is at now and what needs to be done to get back on track. I suspect you'd get a lot of fans willing to listen to that kind of openness.

Although, I suspect you're right we wouldn't get everything - it wouldn't surprise me if people like Holt signed NDA's. Hartley allegedly did the same; he's barely mentioned his time with us since he left.

You've taken that too far!

Good idea though and I suspect that a lot of fans would want to attend something like that. I'd do it as soon as the season is over though because I'd like to know ASAP.

Given that the QP game is likely to be a dead rubber, it could even be done before the game then get everyone into BTG to watch the match making a bit of money over the bar.

2 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I don’t know why the directors have to work so hard when there are a lot of employees working for Falkirk including a CEO.

Surely it’s their job to make sure the club is being run properly!?

Don’t think you grasp what a complex operation running a professional football club is.

3 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

The more information made public about the club the better even if it is as bad as many suspect. We may not like what's being told but the custodians will be respected for being up front.

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Don’t think you grasp what a complex operation running a professional football club is.

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but I truly don’t have an idea if it is that complex. Some details would definitely be helpful to us all in creating a better understanding of the work that’s required. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

4 hours ago, bairn88 said:

(This isn't applicable if people are struggling financially) Don't quite get how people could have sat through years and years of shite, whilst being hated by the people their money was going to, and decide that now, when the new board have been in for 5 minutes, is the time to stop supporting the club? IMO you have to have more about yourself than that. 

The past few years have certainly been disappointing. However the past two seasons have been appalling. I will continue to support the BOD but for this season I can’t watch another abhorrent display by so called football players. As said with the correct decisions being conducted in the next few months, I will have no issues in renewing three STs and will continue to back the FSS.

21 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Not sure if this is sarcasm or not but I truly don’t have an idea if it is that complex. Some details would definitely be helpful to us all in creating a better understanding of the work that’s required. 

At the last AGM, Jamie Swinney said he had 10 permanent staff supported by 35 volunteers. 

I know who the ten folk are - or nine now as one left. When the club advertised her job (Finance person) they took some stick on social media, with one arsehole thinking that having an employee to do such trivial tasks as pay invoices and manage the payroll constituted a "gravy train". 

Somebody else posted an inaccurate theory on P&B about why the lady left. 

For those reason I'm wary of going into any details, except to say that most are on part-time hours, (one guy is ten hours a week), are fans themselves and do more than they get paid for. I think we should leave the backroom staff in peace to get on with it. People like groundsmen, retail, finance etc shouldn't really  have their value discussed on a public forum IMO. (I realise you likely wouldn't not do that but it would get down to that level eventually) 

Next season would have been my 60th year supporting Falkirk. On Saturday I will probably make my last visit. I’ve watched the club through thick and thin. I’ve travelled the length and breadth of the country even going to Liechtenstein. I watched some utter dross over the years but I’ve always gone expecting the unexpected.

Not any more, somethings missing now. There’s no excitement, passion or atmosphere. I go fully expecting to lose and no longer care about the result. The people around me in the stand are disappearing never to return. I never thought that would be me.

The BOD have a massive job on their hands to turn this round. Unfortunately those that have stopped going are unlikely to return.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that we recover, I will always be a Bairn.

7 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Next season would have been my 60th year supporting Falkirk. On Saturday I will probably make my last visit. I’ve watched the club through thick and thin. I’ve travelled the length and breadth of the country even going to Liechtenstein. I watched some utter dross over the years but I’ve always gone expecting the unexpected.

Not any more, somethings missing now. There’s no excitement, passion or atmosphere. I go fully expecting to lose and no longer care about the result. The people around me in the stand are disappearing never to return. I never thought that would be me.

The BOD have a massive job on their hands to turn this round. Unfortunately those that have stopped going are unlikely to return.

I hope from the bottom of my heart that we recover, I will always be a Bairn.

I'm honestly not trying to have a go here but, why are you going on Saturday if you've decided not to go back after?