The Falkirk FC Thread

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Your first mistake of course was listening to "Super" Scoreboard. And while McInnes has got them playing a bit better, the fact they are top of the league now and likely to win the Championship is down to two things - signing Kyle Lafferty and Abroath running out of steam. They aren't playing any better football, in fact it's pretty dull and basic and they grinding out results rather than blowing teams away. And had Arbroath been able to keep their run going then they'd still be top - as it is they have started drawing games they previously would have won and so Killie haven't really had to do anything other than keep plodding along before they eventually caught up.

There's a lot of chat about us going for Wright too, assuming MR disappears in the summer.

He was a shambles at Kilmarnock, in a league they should have cantered to. Sounds familiar...

1 hour ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah that's a great idea.

The young lads losing 13-0 will be superb for their development, and the fine from the SPFL will help us too.

Give me strength.

It would be 13-0 at half time.

It’s about time some on here realised we have development teams in name only.

32 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Some folk on here can be wildly unrealistic. From thinking we can just pop down to the shops to get a couple of good midfielders to sacking all of the players because they're not good enough. You really couldn't make some of it up!

A friends lad who was in the new FFC pro-youth setup was invited to a meeting last week where the CEO jamie swinney told them they were folding their pro-youth as they had no money in the budget to continue with it. is this just some age groups or is it the whole pro-youth setup? He's gutted after sepending 5 months training where they were led to beleive that they would be getting a place in the scottish eleite youth setup.

17 minutes ago, Burnsythebinman said:

A friends lad who was in the new FFC pro-youth setup was invited to a meeting last week where the CEO jamie swinney told them they were folding their pro-youth as they had no money in the budget to continue with it. is this just some age groups or is it the whole pro-youth setup? He's gutted after sepending 5 months training where they were led to beleive that they would be getting a place in the scottish eleite youth setup.

From what I understand there is only 1 pro-youth team, which is effectively the best players from Gairdoch and Syngenta + a couple others. 

Interesting you said they were told next year they were joining an elite academy setup. I didn't think the players were ever deemed strong enough to be at that level. Sounds like promises were made that would never be fulfilled. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Your first mistake of course was listening to "Super" Scoreboard. And while McInnes has got them playing a bit better, the fact they are top of the league now and likely to win the Championship is down to two things - signing Kyle Lafferty and Abroath running out of steam. They aren't playing any better football, in fact it's pretty dull and basic and they grinding out results rather than blowing teams away. And had Arbroath been able to keep their run going then they'd still be top - as it is they have started drawing games they previously would have won and so Killie haven't really had to do anything other than keep plodding along before they eventually caught up.

Thing is, you can’t say Arbroath are running out of steam, and had Arbroath kept their run going, they’d still be top. That’s pretty pointless, as you can then apply that to any club that has done well for a while. Of course if they kept on winning, they’d still be top just like Sheerin if he had kept that three wins on the bounce going, we would already be champions.

The Killie I saw on the telly at Somerset Park certainly weren’t plodding along. They were 3 up after less than 20 minutes. For us (with a couple of exceptions)we need 2 games or more to score three goals. I would take their kind of plodding any day of the week…….but above all else, McInnes has gotten a response from the players……..something MR cannot claim in any way shape or form. If nothing else, I am just glad he has stopped offering up bogus stats that say he is doing ok, because in the cold light of day, whatever his plan is, it’s simply not working.

In the case of Narey’s Toepoker above, his stats are wrong too. MR has not been in charge for 15 games…..it’s  14 games. Game 17 of this season saw Danny Grainger in charge (the 0-3 defeat to Cove). It makes no difference in terms of points, but it does in terms of accuracy.

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah that's a great idea.

The young lads losing 13-0 will be superb for their development, and the fine from the SPFL will help us too.

Give me strength.

If any of our current youth teams play a single game for the first team I'll be astounded. 

There are better kids playing at Sunnyside/Vicky Park/Dawson Park/Gairdoch Park every Saturday and Sunday morning.  

8 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

From what I understand there is only 1 pro-youth team, which is effectively the best players from Gairdoch and Syngenta + a couple others. 

Interesting you said they were told next year they were joining an elite academy setup. I didn't think the players were ever deemed strong enough to be at that level. Sounds like promises were made that would never be fulfilled. 

thanks for help. interetsed to know if it was just one age group or the whole lot but from what you said it sounds like it was just one age group in the pro-youth

9 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

not been in charge for 15 games…..it’s  14 games. Game 17 of this season saw Danny Grainger in charge (the 0-3 defeat to Cove). It makes no difference in terms of points, but it does in terms of accuracy.

Plus the guy underneath hasn't realised that Rennie is out of contract in a month or two.

17 minutes ago, Burnsythebinman said:

FFC have never been part of the 'Elite' set up. As they were excluded at its inception, years before they dispensed with the 'Academy' set up. 

Club Academy Scotland | Performance| Scottish FA

40 minutes ago, Burnsythebinman said:

If he has ability he'll get to where he should be at another team. 

Professional youth set ups are a con until you get to 16. Any younger and it should be exclusively boys clubs. Enjoy the competitive side when you're young and then see whether or not you have it to step up.

1 hour ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Every EOS league team has an U20s team and the set up is very professional for the level it is at. That is where we should be putting a youth team until they develop to a stage to compete with better teams. I'm sure East Fife have went down that route. Possibly a few other senior teams too.

Edited by latapythelegend

14 minutes ago, kiddy said:

FFC have never been part of the 'Elite' set up. As they were excluded at its inception, years before they dispensed with the 'Academy' set up. 

Club Academy Scotland | Performance| Scottish FA

cheers. I only know what my pal has said so second hand info. His boy was 11 and it sounded like about 5 mopnths ago FFC changed the youth setup and CEO swinney took control and said they were going pro-youth and were applying to join elite or development setup. but they were called to a meeting last week and it was shut down as there was no money left in the budget. I remember when FFC were so well know for their youth setup. Pity to see it in this state and for all the youngsters wanting to play.

1 hour ago, Burnsythebinman said:

cheers. I only know what my pal has said so second hand info. His boy was 11 and it sounded like about 5 mopnths ago FFC changed the youth setup and CEO swinney took control and said they were going pro-youth and were applying to join elite or development setup. but they were called to a meeting last week and it was shut down as there was no money left in the budget. I remember when FFC were so well know for their youth setup. Pity to see it in this state and for all the youngsters wanting to play.

Teams are still playing anyway so maybe the idea of joining the elite setup was given up but not the teams themselves.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Guest Caractacus Potts
4 hours ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

I’m sure there are lots of factors but the point is that McInnes is doing what Rennie can’t and that’s to put together enough results to make a serious promotion push. 

There are no doubt many factors involved but to suggest it’s all down to Arbroaths downfall is wrong. Kilmarnock have gained 27 in the last 12 since McIness took over and Arbroath have gained 21. In the 12 gains prior to that, Kilmarnock gained 19 points and Arbroath gained 23.

The difference in Arbroaths form in the last 12 compared to the previous 12 is 2 points, whereas Killie have 8 more points. 

Also bear in mind where they brought in Lafferty on a big wage, we brought in Griffiths.

Edited by Caractacus Potts

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Exactly that. Our “development squads” were spirited into existence virtually overnight by (as previously mentioned) stripping local and Lothian based boys clubs. To field either of these outfits versus Montrose (and remember, these kids are only starting back after their winter shutdown) would in reality, by broadly similar to fielding Larbert High, or Falkirk High or St Modans High School teams. 13-0 at half time would be hugely optimistic, and besides all other competitive aspects, we would put Arbroath’s 36-0 world record at risk, and probably blow it out of the water.

1 hour ago, Burnsythebinman said:

With the greatest respect, 11 is too young to commit a player to pro youth. Let them enjoy the game at that age.

27 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

With the greatest respect, 11 is too young to commit a player to pro youth. Let them enjoy the game at that age.

Is it not better for the player to develop alongside similar players of ability rather than playing at level where they outshine everyone else?

Re Rennie, hopefully the BoD see sense and send him packing after the Montrose or cove games, theres no point prolonging this farce any longer. 

Get him out the door early,  at least we and any interested parties will know that the role is available and change is afoot.