The Falkirk FC Thread

4 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

House hold finances and rightly people are making that their priority. Therefore hospitality and leisure activities are going to be the first to be cut back.

With regard to the mentioned FSS uptake. Are household finances any less tight in Greenock or Motherwell? 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

Don't a number of other clubs schemes have a starting rate of £5 a month? Whether you like it or not, £10 a month - factoring in the well-documented rising cost of living, as well as the other costs associated with supporting the club; season tickets, away tickets, travelling to/from matches, buying stuff on matchdays, merchandise if you have kids, etc - would be a significant additional outgoing for an increasing number of people. This is especially the case when it is for something with very little immediate, tangible return. Maybe something for the FSS to look into.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

15 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

It’s a bit harsh to criticise the new guys running the club they have barely got their feet under the table. They have played a blinder only giving Rennie a 6 month deal it means they can just part ways in the summer without any pay offs etc 

The decision of who they appoint in the summer will be the most important decision they will probably ever have to make, it simply has to be right and fingers crossed they nail it. 

On the flip side they have brought in someone who is worse than Sheerin, the coin had Rice or Rennie and they flipped the wrong side 6 month or not.

As said I dont envy anyones job to appoint the next manager

20 hours ago, some_guy said:

f**k off with your sexism and derogatory comments towards women's football, whilst they don't have the same physicality, it is just as competitive as men's football.

Every manager we seem to get show no sign of competence, this is obviously the sign of bigger issues, now that Holt and the old board have been cleared we need to change things and that won't happen overnight, like I said, Rennie has inherited absolute guff, we could have brought Moutinho in and even he wouldn't get a tune out of this pile of shite! 

Nothing, nothing at all, I will agree its been woeful - but you can only piss with the cock you've got!  Rennie is a Falkirk man, he's done good things in the past and from the Spiers interview it seems like he's looking to the future rather than the here and now, we can't just demand immediate change and results, especially with this squad!  O think he deserves a chance to show what he can do when he has a chance of a fresh start in the summer.

Were you at the game on Saturday? Because if not, f**k off with this patter. 

A 7 hour round trip at the cost of £100 to see us his hit one shot on target against Peterhead is frankly fucking inept. How you can even consider calling yourself a professional footballer or manager after that performance on Saturday is beyond me. He has an ex internationalist striker who was playing in the premier league before Christmas, back defending a corner one nil down against Peterhead. They haven't had a decent predator upfront since they shut the Jail. 

Rennie has taken one point of Peterhead in the two games he's had in charge. The wins against East Fife and Dumbarton massively paper over the cracks. He's simply the worst manger I've had the displeasure of seeing. He's fucking hopeless and not fit to manage anything that matters. 

Edited by moanthebairns

2 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

When you look through the list of the players under contract for next season I'd want binned in the summer (or right now if possible) it isn't actually as bad as first feared:

Luke Holt

Brad McKay

Steven Hetherington

Seb Ross

Aidan Nesbitt

Jamie Wilson

Unless I've missed anyone? The other players still under contract (Williamson, Watson, McCann, McGuffie & Morrison) I'd keep or would be easy to move on

Will that be the Morrison who has hardly played a game this season because of injury? 

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Will that be the Morrison who has hardly played a game this season because of injury? 

What's your point? Yes he's missed about half the season, but is still our top scorer with only Dowds and Kabia on a better MPG ratio.

Connolly had his injury problems with us but I'd have kept him in a heartbeat as well. Now doing well in the Championship.

We've missed Morrison massively but his injuries are not the reason yet another season has been consigned to the gutter by the end of March.

Every player that comes to us is here for a reason, I'd much rather they had a bit of footballing ability with some fitness issues than the majority of the talentless dogshit we have signed over the last 4 years 

1004188308_ScreenShot2022-03-28at14_44_33.thumb.png.a11fb0780a788ffc61fd53fd96e23519.png

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Gaz said:

A top scorer with 7 goals :lol:

What an absolute gang we are.

Paying a decent wage for someone with worse stats than Michael Ruth just further compounds this!

Guest FFC1965

The new Board have been dealt an awful hand, chiefly through the lengthy contracts dished out under Holt.  

season ticket sales - even if they hold up around 2,000 for 22/23 - wont bring in enough cash to renew the squad beyond maybe moving on a handful of the poorest performers - take your pick.  McKay and Hetherington would be top of my list but they might be expensive to get rid so it might be preferable to move on a bigger number of lower paid players.

therefore I reckon the best the club can hope for is to ride out next season by spending the minimum to have a realistic chance of top 4. 

nobody involved has deep enough pockets to throw enough cash at a full squad overhaul and in any event it would be a huge risk.  

with that backdrop, trying to flog STs and getting a decent manager will be exceptionally difficult.  We seem to say that every year i know.  

Im assuming that Rennie is toast.  If so, Id gladly take somebody like Danny Lennon who knows the league, will take no shit and has decades of experience.  I believe that even a good manager is realistically looking at 2 seasons minimum to get us out of L1.  Things arent quite so bad that Clyde to Falkirk isn't still a step up.  There might be others in the same mould but i cant think of any.  

Rennies replacement will be a major factor in determining the clubs future - get it right and we might replicate the turnaround when McCall joined and put a good new team together very quickly.  Get it wrong - again - and I shudder to think.  

1 hour ago, moanthebairns said:

Were you at the game on Saturday? Because if not, f**k off with this patter. 

A 7 hour round trip at the cost of £100 to see us his hit one shot on target against Peterhead is frankly fucking inept. How you can even consider calling yourself a professional footballer or manager after that performance on Saturday is beyond me. He has an ex internationalist striker who was playing in the premier league before Christmas, back defending a corner one nil down against Peterhead. They haven't had a decent predator upfront since they shut the Jail. 

Rennie has taken one point of Peterhead in the two games he's had in charge. The wins against East Fife and Dumbarton massively paper over the cracks. He's simply the worst manger I've had the displeasure of seeing. He's fucking hopeless and not fit to manage anything that matters. 

Just for clarity the jail is still open and yet somehow it is still the failkirk supporters that appear to be getting screwed.

25 minutes ago, FFC1965 said:

The new Board have been dealt an awful hand, chiefly through the lengthy contracts dished out under Holt.  

season ticket sales - even if they hold up around 2,000 for 22/23 - wont bring in enough cash to renew the squad beyond maybe moving on a handful of the poorest performers - take your pick.  McKay and Hetherington would be top of my list but they might be expensive to get rid so it might be preferable to move on a bigger number of lower paid players.

therefore I reckon the best the club can hope for is to ride out next season by spending the minimum to have a realistic chance of top 4. 

nobody involved has deep enough pockets to throw enough cash at a full squad overhaul and in any event it would be a huge risk.  

with that backdrop, trying to flog STs and getting a decent manager will be exceptionally difficult.  We seem to say that every year i know.  

Im assuming that Rennie is toast.  If so, Id gladly take somebody like Danny Lennon who knows the league, will take no shit and has decades of experience.  I believe that even a good manager is realistically looking at 2 seasons minimum to get us out of L1.  Things arent quite so bad that Clyde to Falkirk isn't still a step up.  There might be others in the same mould but i cant think of any.  

Rennies replacement will be a major factor in determining the clubs future - get it right and we might replicate the turnaround when McCall joined and put a good new team together very quickly.  Get it wrong - again - and I shudder to think.  

So basically you are hoping Airdrie go tits up again and we can repeat the trick of hoovering up their manager and best players.

Sounds good to me.

1 hour ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

What's your point? Yes he's missed about half the season, but is still our top scorer with only Dowds and Kabia on a better MPG ratio.

Connolly had his injury problems with us but I'd have kept him in a heartbeat as well. Now doing well in the Championship.

We've missed Morrison massively but his injuries are not the reason yet another season has been consigned to the gutter by the end of March.

Every player that comes to us is here for a reason, I'd much rather they had a bit of footballing ability with some fitness issues than the majority of the talentless dogshit we have signed over the last 4 years 

1004188308_ScreenShot2022-03-28at14_44_33.thumb.png.a11fb0780a788ffc61fd53fd96e23519.png

My point he had an op on his knee at Hearts. He then has another op on the same knee with us. Plays 20 minutes the other week and he is again nowhere to be seen. For me that is a real concern 

4 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

😂😂 somehow I don’t think so, hopefully some sort of no promotion stuff in there although I kinda know that won’t be the case 

There are no penalty clauses for failing to get to the Championship. There are penalty clauses for relegation to L2. I don’t know what the bonus clauses are for promotion, but those are pretty much irrelevant.

11 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

My point he had an op on his knee at Hearts. He then has another op on the same knee with us. Plays 20 minutes the other week and he is again nowhere to be seen. For me that is a real concern 

He would have been gone last summer, but wouldn’t have passed a medical anywhere else. We were the only show in town that would sign him with no medical caveats.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He would have been gone last summer, but wouldn’t have passed a medical anywhere else. We were the only show in town that would sign him with no medical caveats.

Tell me you are joking?? 

Guest Ecosse83
13 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

There are no penalty clauses for failing to get to the Championship. There are penalty clauses for relegation to L2. I don’t know what the bonus clauses are for promotion, but those are pretty much irrelevant.

It was just me hoping more than anything, deep down I know there is nothing there! 

2 hours ago, MrDust said:

On the flip side they have brought in someone who is worse than Sheerin, the coin had Rice or Rennie and they flipped the wrong side 6 month or not.

As said I dont envy anyones job to appoint the next manager

If they had went Rice and he had a repeat of his past unfortunate health issues then I can see why they have went Rennie.

As you say I do not envy the choice then or the next one.