The Falkirk FC Thread

31 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if we “do a 2021” and just crumble away, picking up at most a point or 2. Players know they won’t be here, management probably do too 

Nailed it, 31 games played so far and can’t really think of any game we looked anywhere near decent, apart from the odd 45/90. (and these are very sparse)

An abhorrent season that realistically finished weeks ago. 

Guest Ecosse83

Just spent 10 mins going over Rennies previous jobs. Either sacked or ‘parted company’ over a playing surface. 

Let’s just hope the board member that really pushed for him holds his hands up and admits it didn’t work out! 

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Anyone who has anything about them would love to come to us, great opportunity to turn us around! 

Rennie was involved with a woman’s team in his last job, hardly a great CV 😂

f**k off with your sexism and derogatory comments towards women's football, whilst they don't have the same physicality, it is just as competitive as men's football.

4 minutes ago, Gaz said:

f**k right off with this shit.

Opinions like this are why we are in the shitter. Folk persevering with obviously shit managers who show absolutely no sign of being even semi competent.

Every manager we seem to get show no sign of competence, this is obviously the sign of bigger issues, now that Holt and the old board have been cleared we need to change things and that won't happen overnight, like I said, Rennie has inherited absolute guff, we could have brought Moutinho in and even he wouldn't get a tune out of this pile of shite! 

6 minutes ago, champions said:

What have you seen in the last 3 months in terms of style of play, tactics, general performances etc that makes you believe he should be retained?

Nothing, nothing at all, I will agree its been woeful - but you can only piss with the cock you've got!  Rennie is a Falkirk man, he's done good things in the past and from the Spiers interview it seems like he's looking to the future rather than the here and now, we can't just demand immediate change and results, especially with this squad!  O think he deserves a chance to show what he can do when he has a chance of a fresh start in the summer.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, some_guy said:

f**k off with your sexism and derogatory comments towards women's football, whilst they don't have the same physicality, it is just as competitive as men's football.

Every manager we seem to get show no sign of competence, this is obviously the sign of bigger issues, now that Holt and the old board have been cleared we need to change things and that won't happen overnight, like I said, Rennie has inherited absolute guff, we could have brought Moutinho in and even he wouldn't get a tune out of this pile of shite! 

Nothing, nothing at all, I will agree its been woeful - but you can only piss with the cock you've got!  Rennie is a Falkirk man, he's done good things in the past and from the Spiers interview it seems like he's looking to the future rather than the here and now, we can't just demand immediate change and results, especially with this squad!  O think he deserves a chance to show what he can do when he has a chance of a fresh start in the summer.

Aye you can see all the decent managers flocking to the woman’s game. Not sexist just a bloody fact! 

4 minutes ago, some_guy said:

You cant just keep someone on because he's a "falkirk man" when the football is " woeful". That's just wild.

From the FSS newsletter.

Things have been going badly on the park and we can all see that. Supporting Falkirk through so many years of decline is punishing for all of us. But there are seven games to go and, despite everything, it is still possible we make the playoffs, if the players can show some character and bravery. Whether we believe, hope or just wish, it’s what we all want to happen. And if it doesn't? We’ll still be here, as we always have been.

36 minutes ago, some_guy said:

The thing is, rightly or wrongly, he sold himself as the guys who turns things around quickly. So FFC so far has been his biggest failing.

We simply cannot ignore the fact that he has added seven players to the squad…..but it has made absolutely no difference. The only way left to paint his time (up to now) as a success is saying we were certs for relegation until he came in……..but you can’t make a claim like that as any sort of fact.

MR could have taken his seven players, and added only four of the squad he inherited in order to put a team on the park. Mutch would be one of them, then another three. Things is, his seven completely bypassed midfield. The one area of the team that was screaming out for attention. Perhaps no one was available, but that was what needed to be fixed, and it didn’t happen.

The other worry is why aren’t the seven players he brought in doing it for him? Who is the dominant characters in that dressing room? Are they dominant positive or dominant negative? If it’s dominant negative, why are they not on gardening leave until the end of the season?

Five games to go or not, we aren’t going down and we aren’t going up. It’s time to read some people’s horoscopes to them. Whoever they may be.

5 hours ago, Glenmavis Diamond said:

So Griffiths is on a standard wage for a crowd your size eh? 😂 Which, by the way, seems to have shrunk a fair bit this season...

Griffith's is the exception and I'd much rather wed used that cash elsewhere in the side  but the rest are on wages that aren't ridiculous. Let's face it everyone in this league is a jobber or they wouldn't be playing at this level. Just depends on who signs the best jobbers. You'd expect more from guys that have played at a decent level that's the problem but as we've learned down here that means feck all of your not going to roll your sleeves up and get stuck in.

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

But giving out 2/3 contracts to said jobbers is paying silly money

Length of contract is an issue when they turn out shite unfortunately no idea why anyone would give someone a 3 year deal at this level.

54 minutes ago, champions said:

You cant just keep someone on because he's a "falkirk man" when the football is " woeful". That's just wild.

1 hour ago, some_guy said:

It's the sign that we're appointing entirely the wrong bloody managers.

2 hours ago, some_guy said:

I'm aware there's been almost 20 pages of posts and I don't have time (or energy) to read through them all! 

I've no doubt that there are talks on here discussing the manager and if he should be kept or not, I responded (more in annoyance than anything else) to a post on Facebook, and thought I'd share my thoughts here:

Can we judge someone on a 6 month deal with the squad he inherited?  Yes he had a transfer window, but as everyone knows, than January window is incredibly difficult, especially with teams now keeping larger squads due to covid precautions.  I think he needs to have a chance after a proper pre season and transfer window - it hasn't been great since he came in, but he has a good CV, his hands are tied behind his back with the tools he has at his disposal, I still think our current predicament is due to Mr Holt and his shambolic team - we cant just keep changing managers and let's face it, nobody worth their salt will want to come to us.  Rennie has a good record of turning things around, I don't think we can judge him because what he's inherited doesn't suit what he wants to do.  Anyone that listened to his Spiers interview can hear that he has an ambition and a plan, this takes time and I think we should give him at least a season, it can hardly get any worse.

We're in a poor league, and he's had the luxury of being able to bring in 6 f/t players (one on a wild wage) as well as getting Dowds back from Arbroath. Any moderately decent manager should at least be able to make us competitive with the right signings, look at Partick last season(although a slightly different scenario.) For all we scream the current crop of players are hopeless, as someone said a few pages back if we released everyone I bet a good number of those players would end up at teams above us.  

I think thats 14 league games, in 3 months, and Rennies yet to have consecutive wins. Anyone even trying to defend that, is at it.

Edited by FernandosMonobrow

Guest Caractacus Potts
32 minutes ago, Fitbafollower said:

I have said it on a number occasions and it would appear the supporters of Falkirk got rood of Houston and his squad far too early after a few bad results

they should have backed him and his team then

Was more than a few bad results, we only picked up 7 points in 9 matches and Houston was leaving at the end of the season anyway. Hartley was a good appointment and managed to turn our season around. The problem was we then let him implement a money ball style recruiting system that left us with a squad of some of the most useless players ever to have played for the club. 

The problem with our club has quite simply been mismanagement and appointing bad managers. 

3 hours ago, some_guy said:

Women’s football can get in the fucking bin where it belongs…along with Rennie.

We can all have opinions on MR but one thing is absolutely certain there is no fight in this team for anything. The whole lot of them are going through the motions. It’s an absolute disgrace to watch a team like this. For me, who’s watched virtually every home game since 1963 and over the years pumped a six figure sum into the club I’m witnessing one of the biggest declines in the clubs history. I no longer care if we lose, win or draw. Next season I will not renew my season ticket unless we see a major change in the running and management of the club. There’s no sign that the fan ownership is having the desired impact either. I never thought in my lifetime I would witness the demise of the club, it looks like I might.

8 minutes ago, brokeville said:

We can all have opinions on MR but one thing is absolutely certain there is no fight in this team for anything. The whole lot of them are going through the motions. It’s an absolute disgrace to watch a team like this. For me, who’s watched virtually every home game since 1963 and over the years pumped a six figure sum into the club I’m witnessing one of the biggest declines in the clubs history. I no longer care if we lose, win or draw. Next season I will not renew my season ticket unless we see a major change in the running and management of the club. There’s no sign that the fan ownership is having the desired impact either. I never thought in my lifetime I would witness the demise of the club, it looks like I might.

I empathise with you but turning us round is going to take a good few seasons as the previous board and Holt have left us in a terrible situation.

I think the new set up and BOD will do the job but they will need time.

I empathise with you but turning us round is going to take a good few seasons as the previous board and Holt have left us in a terrible situation.
I think the new set up and BOD will do the job but they will need time.

I’d like to share your optimism but the early signs are not good. From what I can see the investment from the patrons has been spent on a gamble this season that’s clearly not worked. No idea where the money will come from for next season. Without doubt season ticket sales are about to plummet to levels not seen for years. The decline is terminal.

28 minutes ago, brokeville said:

Great post 

5 minutes ago, brokeville said:

I’d like to share your optimism but the early signs are not good. From what I can see the investment from the patrons has been spent on a gamble this season that’s clearly not worked. No idea where the money will come from for next season. Without doubt season ticket sales are about to plummet to levels not seen for years. The decline is terminal.

Without significant investment over the next 12-18 months you could well be right.  With season ticket sales set to drop off a cliff, one of the toughest jobs for the new board will be to find ways to attract that investment. 

Ironically I think faced with oblivion we'd see a big upsurge in FSS memberships but we can't afford to wait until then.  If we're in serious financial turmoil then the season ticket marketing can't be anything other than about saving the club.