The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, 1876 ffc said:

MR is an easy imposter and nowhere close to being a competent football manager.

And great hearing in previous posts that a swear word will never pass his lips. However he’s was complicit in trying to sign a rapist.

Get him and his apologists as far away as possible from our club.

Easy imposter! Meant to read absolute imposter 

6 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He conducts himself with a great deal of dignity, and thankfully avoided any chat from LC on the “it’s 6 points and still 5 games to play” chat.

I would imagine that a win(😂) or a draw against Montrose next week, and a QP loss to Cove will have the “we can still do it” voices back on song, but we all know what we are watching, and it’s a shambolic mess. I genuinely believe I have to go back to our centenary year to unearth anything as bad as this.

This is not a confidence thing. This is a hopelessly unbalanced side populated by two or three decent players (Dowds and Telfer), and a huge number of players who would rather be anywhere else, or simply don’t care enough. To bring in 7 in January, but still not have any sort of midfield worthy of the name has been the death knell for both manager and club. It’s a horrible mess, and MR hasn’t put so much as a dent in it. If it’s not Dumbarton or EF, we don’t win.

It actually doesn’t feel ridiculous to entertain the idea that we might not win another game this season.

His constant chopping and changing of formations isnt helping, we've had 3-5-2, 5-3-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-2-1-2.. It just smacks of someone who has no idea what they are doing.

Today's effort was utterly bizarre, we had to go out and win yet we leave Griffiths completely isolated and work off aimless punts whilst the rest of the team sit deep and barely press the opposition.

1 minute ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Not trying to be political ( honestly ) but I have been doing some business with Ferguson recently and they admit that the many faults lie with them and it would be a realistic option to scrap the ships and start again ( won’t happen ).

Inexperienced management can be calamitous whether in a shipyard or a football club.

The fact we have went three times in a row for that kind of management tells you all that is wrong with this basket case of a club. 

9 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Didn’t know we had so many experts on football contracts, but thanks for the post.

The fact that players can sit in the reserves earning hundreds of thousands a week and not be paid off tells you everything you need to know. Don’t need to be an expert to know that contracts that don’t have caveats in are water tight. 

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Doubtless I will calm down later, but we seem to sink to new lows every other week.

Still, QPs 7 point advantage isn’t insurmountable.

QP have only lost 5 this year  we can’t win 2 in a row so I agree whilst it’s not insurmountable it ain’t happening . We looked like a shire team from yesteryear today playing in white in front of a small crowd in a dreary town with a ramshackle stadium . How the Fock we have come to this I don’t know. I heard today that one Scotlands top prospects (one of our directors grandsons plays for 
Rangers but is being courted by the likes of Man City) 

Whilst I can’t blame the lad it just about sums the club up for me ie about as much commitment from top to bottom as P&O had to their staff. Say one thing and do another. I’m done for this season now time to get the golf clubs out ! 

5 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

QP have only lost 5 this year  we can’t win 2 in a row so I agree whilst it’s not insurmountable it ain’t happening . We looked like a shire team from yesteryear today playing in white in front of a small crowd in a dreary town with a ramshackle stadium . How the Fock we have come to this I don’t know. I heard today that one Scotlands top prospects (one of our directors grandsons plays for 
Rangers but is being courted by the likes of Man City) 

Whilst I can’t blame the lad it just about sums the club up for me ie about as much commitment from top to bottom as P&O had to their staff. Say one thing and do another. I’m done for this season now time to get the golf clubs out ! 

I think a lot of us will be done for longer than this season. And it hurts me to face that realisation.

1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

That all may be very true but on the face of it absolutely nothing has changed. 

From the pitch to the day-to-day running of the club I doubt any fan could point to one single area of improvement.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Before I looked at who liked your post I knew who they would be. 

I am sure what this new board has had to deal with will come out at an AGM and we will all be able to judge properly, if we are interested of course, if the new board are improving things or not. 

I will concede on the pitch it much the same but behind the scenes I am sure things will be gradually improving. 

45 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I agree but surely the contracts are heavily weighted on certain milestones, promotion, play offs, games played, points etc.

So guys like MacKay signs a three year deal and we must honour it unless we pay him off ? Even if he decides to down tools or continues to underperform?

It was Holt and Deans who were handed these out. What do you think ? 

Not one for posting But today was an eye-opener. I’ve only been to a handful of games this season and the sole reason for heading to Peterhead was getting it off the list (40/42 done if anyone was interested, all first visits being Falkirk-related)

I thought Cove a couple weeks ago was a bleak affair but today was so much worse. Not a single player for Falkirk deserves to be anywhere close to full-time football, and I hope a few of them have a decent CV outside of football to fall back on in the summer - they’ll need it.

To me, League 1 is about having guys who will run about in a basic formation and get stuck in. It also helps when they work for each other too. Granted the guy was smashed but whoever was shouting about “challenging” decisions and standing up for each other had a point; although probably didn’t realise it! If the team actually gave a f**k about the team and each other they’d have been losing their minds at the ref about the last-man Griffiths challenge. Hardly a protest.

Rennie is not going to be the answer moving forward. We need someone who has a standing in the game (Tommy Wright) or someone who knows League 1 (Ian Murray but that’s incredibly wishful thinking). We can’t arse about with another “tactical” coach thinking this is all playing out on their Laptop rather than the real world.

Fair play to the Falkirk fans there today. I won’t be back until Kelty away…or if we get Elgin in the cup

28 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Didn’t know we had so many experts on football contracts, but thanks for the post.

Answer this question which I will ask you for a third time. If it was as easy to just cancel a footballers contract why are clubs all over the world not doing it every week? You don’t need to be an expert on these contracts to understand you just can’t do it, no matter how much it maybe deserved 

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

FFS Yes you can, if an employee is not up to standard or has failed to carry out/execute his duties in line with his job description, trust me it’s very simple, even more simpler if there are caveats attached, Fck sake they play football for ninety minutes a week….

Now, I haven't read any comments after this so apologies if I'm just adding to a list but, what a lot of utter, utter horsefuckinshit!

We could do it if we put the club into administration. It’s been used as a business tool twice by both Dundee and Livingston.

That is unthinkable though.

23 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The fact that players can sit in the reserves earning hundreds of thousands a week and not be paid off tells you everything you need to know. Don’t need to be an expert to know that contracts that don’t have caveats in are water tight. 

Merely my point:

contracts that don’t have caveats

13 minutes ago, bairnabeau said:

Not one for posting But today was an eye-opener. I’ve only been to a handful of games this season and the sole reason for heading to Peterhead was getting it off the list (40/42 done if anyone was interested, all first visits being Falkirk-related)

I thought Cove a couple weeks ago was a bleak affair but today was so much worse. Not a single player for Falkirk deserves to be anywhere close to full-time football, and I hope a few of them have a decent CV outside of football to fall back on in the summer - they’ll need it.

To me, League 1 is about having guys who will run about in a basic formation and get stuck in. It also helps when they work for each other too. Granted the guy was smashed but whoever was shouting about “challenging” decisions and standing up for each other had a point; although probably didn’t realise it! If the team actually gave a f**k about the team and each other they’d have been losing their minds at the ref about the last-man Griffiths challenge. Hardly a protest.

Rennie is not going to be the answer moving forward. We need someone who has a standing in the game (Tommy Wright) or someone who knows League 1 (Ian Murray but that’s incredibly wishful thinking). We can’t arse about with another “tactical” coach thinking this is all playing out on their Laptop rather than the real world.

Fair play to the Falkirk fans there today. I won’t be back until Kelty away…or if we get Elgin in the cup

Calling MR a tactical coach is stretching it 😂

16 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Before I looked at who liked your post I knew who they would be. 

I am sure what this new board has had to deal with will come out at an AGM and we will all be able to judge properly, if we are interested of course, if the new board are improving things or not. 

I will concede on the pitch it much the same but behind the scenes I am sure things will be gradually improving. 

I've got no axe to grind with old/new boards but fans don't care about accounting practices and software packages. They want to see results on the park and in tangible things.

I've recently interacted with the club and my experience has been no different than on any occasion under Laing and KK, Dean's and JS or the new incumbents.

If it's improving then its glacial not gradual!

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I've got no axe to grind with old/new boards but fans don't care about accounting practices and software packages. They want to see results on the park and in tangible things.

I've recently interacted with the club and my experience has been no different than on any occasion under Laing and KK, Dean's and JS or the new incumbents.

If it's improving then its glacial not gradual!

They have been in 4 months unless you noticed? Jesus man we have had a dozen years plus of incompetence - give the new people some time. 
What did you interact with them about?