The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Gaz said:

He looks like he never sleeps.

I have absolutely nothing against the guy on a personal level but he doesn't look well 

I thought that too. Almost looks in a state of shell shock.

In all seriousness though, I think he might walk away at the end of the season. He looks nothing like he did 3 months ago. As much as its easy to have a pop at him (I have plenty times), the guy has left his family for a lo g period to join this shit-show. I honestly think he may just be counting down the games.

If the board keep him on and he agreed, its a long term deal given his circumstances. Something which I don't think we can afford. I don't see him moving his family over here if he doesn't have long term job security.

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

If the board keep him on and he agreed, its a long term deal given his circumstances.

I was in favour a few weeks ago but the arguments for retaining him are becoming lesser by the week.

Probably mentioned elsewhere but Queens Park have operated with their SD, who has never managed in Britain, for almost as long as we've had Rennie and Coyle won't start until June yet they will finish miles ahead of us in reality. Rennie has completely failed the task set and we should just cut out losses now.

29 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Football contracts are very different from other commercial employment contracts.

Have you ever heard of a footballer having a 3 or 6 month probationary period or being made redundant?

Gross misconduct would be just about the only way of sacking them without compensation and whilst we may think that some of the performances would merit that it obviously doesn’t apply.

Can’t think of another occupation where you can completely fail in your job and be safe from sacking for the length of your contract.

I agree but surely the contracts are heavily weighted on certain milestones, promotion, play offs, games played, points etc.

So guys like MacKay signs a three year deal and we must honour it unless we pay him off ? Even if he decides to down tools or continues to underperform?

MR is an easy imposter and nowhere close to being a competent football manager.

And great hearing in previous posts that a swear word will never pass his lips. However he’s was complicit in trying to sign a rapist.

Get him and his apologists as far away as possible from our club.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

FFS Yes you can, if an employee is not up to standard or has failed to carry out/execute his duties in line with his job description, trust me it’s very simple, even more simpler if there are caveats attached, Fck sake they play football for ninety minutes a week….

You are clueless! We all know how employment contracts work but football is completely different. 

He conducts himself with a great deal of dignity, and thankfully avoided any chat from LC on the “it’s 6 points and still 5 games to play” chat.

I would imagine that a win(😂) or a draw against Montrose next week, and a QP loss to Cove will have the “we can still do it” voices back on song, but we all know what we are watching, and it’s a shambolic mess. I genuinely believe I have to go back to our centenary year to unearth anything as bad as this.

This is not a confidence thing. This is a hopelessly unbalanced side populated by two or three decent players (Dowds and Telfer), and a huge number of players who would rather be anywhere else, or simply don’t care enough. To bring in 7 in January, but still not have any sort of midfield worthy of the name has been the death knell for both manager and club. It’s a horrible mess, and MR hasn’t put so much as a dent in it. If it’s not Dumbarton or EF, we don’t win.

It actually doesn’t feel ridiculous to entertain the idea that we might not win another game this season.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

12 minutes ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Or Scottish Government - ferries

The management at Ferguson Marine who were responsible for this debacle are gone, replaced by management who actually have a background in shipbuilding.

The SG are however responsible for originally placing the order there be it with the best of intentions.

Anyway back to our sinking ship…

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

The management at Ferguson Marine who were responsible for this debacle are gone, replaced by management who actually have a background in shipbuilding.

The SG are however responsible for originally placing the order there be it with the best of intentions.

Wrong forum.

I was just equalising out a remark from another poster which was inappropriate on here.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Yep. You could argue incompetence if you were so minded, but the original point was about going unpunished for criminality, something the Westminster criminal cartel manage with breathtaking aplomb.

Just now, Dawson Park Boy said:

Wrong forum.

I was just equalising out a remark from another poster which was inappropriate on here.

Not trying to be political ( honestly ) but I have been doing some business with Ferguson recently and they admit that the many faults lie with them and it would be a realistic option to scrap the ships and start again ( won’t happen ).

Inexperienced management can be calamitous whether in a shipyard or a football club.