The Falkirk FC Thread

6 minutes ago, Springfield said:

We have no other choice , there’s not one player I would keep, sorry but if the BOD are keeping those under contract we’re finished.

The BODs must act in the best interests of the club, to keep these players would be misconduct of the highest order.

If they are Falkirk supporters they will know that failure to sack these charlatans would be the biggest mistake and will finish the club as we know it.
They’ve got the gig now and the most critical period in the clubs history, they must act accordingly.

You can’t just sack players FFS. It costs money if they have a contract. Where is the 250k or so coming from? 

Not much else that needs to be said. How this group of individuals can call themselves professional footballers is beyond me. I genuinely never want to see any of them ever again. As for the management team, what a joke.

9 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Three Patrons worth of cash down the drain on The Corner Taker

Yip as opposed to the 800k+ the previous Board have spunked on that squad - 2/3 year contracts, Gary Holt, big payoff to Sheerin. 

Just now, Baggio said:

Not much else that needs to be said. How this group of individuals can call themselves professional footballers is beyond me. I genuinely never want to see any of them ever again. As for the management team, what a joke.

Arbroath are showing just how many charlatans there are in the Scottish game just now.  It could be argued that most players at Championship level could have a 9-5 office job and see no or little change in their ability if training was in the evening.

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You can’t just sack players FFS. It costs money if they have a contract. Where is the 250k or so coming from? 

FFS Yes you can, if an employee is not up to standard or has failed to carry out/execute his duties in line with his job description, trust me it’s very simple, even more simpler if there are caveats attached, Fck sake they play football for ninety minutes a week….

2 minutes ago, Springfield said:

FFS Yes you can, if an employee is not up to standard or has failed to carry out/execute his duties in line with his job description, trust me it’s very simple, even more simpler if there are caveats attached, Fck sake they play football for ninety minutes a week….

Sorry but amongst the heap of drivel talked on here this is up there.

They have an employment contract that states the terms of their employment. You are not just cancelling contracts of footballers without spitting out cash or clubs all over the world would be doing it every other week. 

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Yip as opposed to the 800k+ the previous Board have spunked on that squad - 2/3 year contracts, Gary Holt, big payoff to Sheerin. 

We can't ever offer an opinion on any decision till it exceeds 800k of cost. Gotcha.

Just now, Back Post Misses said:

Sorry but amongst the heap of drivel talked on here this is up there.

They have an employment contract that states the terms of their employment. You are not just cancelling contracts of footballers without spitting out cash or clubs all over the world would be doing it every other week. 

Ok you must be an expert, I not an expert with football contracts but in the business I’m in it works perfectly well, but thanks anyway 

Rennies interview is a shocker. Peterhead were streets ahead of us in every department and thoroughly deserved their win. The reference to a bobbly pitch is also lame as peterhead were able pass the ball about without to much issue.

14 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

We can't ever offer an opinion on any decision till it exceeds 800k of cost. Gotcha.

I am trying to put some perspective into where we are as a football club. This is not just Rennie or this group of players or this board. The 30k we are spending on Griffiths is nothing compared to the mess that has been left behind by Deans and previous regimes.  

7 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Ok you must be an expert, I not an expert with football contracts but in the business I’m in it works perfectly well, but thanks anyway 

Football contracts are very different from other commercial employment contracts.

Have you ever heard of a footballer having a 3 or 6 month probationary period or being made redundant?

Gross misconduct would be just about the only way of sacking them without compensation and whilst we may think that some of the performances would merit that it obviously doesn’t apply.

Can’t think of another occupation where you can completely fail in your job and be safe from sacking for the length of your contract.

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

So why don’t football clubs all over just cancel contracts? You don’t need to be an expert to work out that surely? 

9 minutes ago, champions said:

Rennies interview is a shocker. Peterhead were streets ahead of us in every department and thoroughly deserved their win. The reference to a bobbly pitch is also lame as peterhead were able pass the ball about without to much issue.

I would sincerely hope that after watching this interview, the BOD put this guy out his misery. A really nice guy, conducts himself very well, but completely out his depth. 
Takes a lot of guts to stick up for that set of cheats, looks like a man haunted. 

5 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am trying to put some perspective into where we are as a football club. This is not just Rennie or this group of players or this board. The 30k we are spending on Griffiths is nothing compared to the mess that has been left behind by Deans and previous regimes.  

That all may be very true but on the face of it absolutely nothing has changed. 

From the pitch to the day-to-day running of the club I doubt any fan could point to one single area of improvement.

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose