The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, champions said:

Our game plan today is to play deep and punt the ball as far up the park as possible.  Get him in the bin

And If for some bizarre reason you were still wanting rennie for next season, look at today's match stats. They guy doesn't have a clue 

But, but, but he only got to bring in 7 players in the transfer window...

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Well this was why I want to see what happens when we can’t be relegated or promoted. If it’s more relaxed chilled interviews of nothingness, then I worry for him. No one can really now cling on to him having materially improved things, because he hasn’t, and we need to know why. It’s either him, or it’s the players. It’s the utter disorganisation that is getting increasingly difficult to take.

Sorry mentioned this before, I went to school with Martin, in fact I'd call him a close friend growing up through High School.

When he got the job I was talking to another school friend, an FFC season ticket holder and both discussing how bizarre it was and also how we thought it might turn out.

First of all I'll hold my hands up and say I was excited and hopeful about the appointment - something a bit different and my mate and I both agreed it was a good decision.   The one thing I said to my mate at the time was "I hope he's a bit more  ruthless in his attitude than he was in school, I cant imagine Martin ever giving a player a bollocking". At school I remember some lads trying to get MR to swear.  Just to say one swear word..  But due to his upbringing he wouldn't.  He was always a calm person. Determined, but I couldnt imagine him putting any fear into a player.   I'm sure theres plenty of managers that dont do that, but we need someone like that now more than ever.

My point is, and my little worry back then was I knew the squad he was inheriting needed a massive kick up the a*se.  I hoped MR had the skillset to motivate the players in his own way because I just couldn't see the person I knew being that type.   Granted it was a long time since school days and people can change. But I just felt if any worry I had that was it.  It appears that unfortunately thats half the problem, the players just aren't performing and clearly dont give two f*cks about the club, the fans or what the manager will do/say at half/full time.   

Add to that his lack of experience in playing professionally. Maybe players don't respect him because of that? I dunno - i've been in jobs where managers have come in with no experience in the industry and you always get folk who look down on that - Im not saying that happens at FFC but I wouldn't be surprised.

Sh*tshow anyway, see you in August....

2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How can 'Brad McKay wins a free kick on the left wing' be a sentence?

We had him using his pace out wide for the last 10 minutes,

What’s more worrying is that MR was chosen by the new BOD can we possibly trust them to make the next decision.

Let’s also not forget the mess they nearly put us in by the rumoured signing of DGW. Probably the reason 4 long serving servants of the club left.

I really don't think things could get any more depressing as a Falkirk fan. Gutless team lead by a gutless manager.  Meanwhile we're paying a striker a fortune for this league when we have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs never mind getting promoted. The fact the bod are actually still considering keeping Rennie after performances like this is mental. 

2 minutes ago, brokeville said:

What’s more worrying is that MR was chosen by the new BOD can we possibly trust them to make the next decision.

Let’s also not forget the mess they nearly put us in by the rumoured signing of DGW. Probably the reason 4 long serving servants of the club left.

Who are the four? 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I really don't think things could get any more depressing as a Falkirk fan. Gutless team lead by a gutless manager.  Meanwhile we're paying a striker a fortune for this league when we have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs never mind getting promoted. The fact the bod are actually still considering keeping Rennie after performances like this is mental. 

Well your big mate is on the Board. You should bite his ear. 

3 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I really don't think things could get any more depressing as a Falkirk fan. Gutless team lead by a gutless manager.  Meanwhile we're paying a striker a fortune for this league when we have absolutely no chance of making the playoffs never mind getting promoted. l. The fact the bod are actually still considering keeping Rennie after performances like this is menta

Well, we don't know that they are. I'd like to think that they're already considering other options.

The Rennie experiment is over. The new board gave only a 6 month contract, they need to use this sensible approach and not extend it. if they do they will lose all goodwill. his record is worse than sheerins, we are awful to watch (one shot on target today v Peterhead).

New coaches can make a difference,  Brian rice's alloa pounded East Fife away today 3-0, stats back it up. Barry fergusons alloa would have lost that.

next season already looking tough with possibly a settled airdrie, coyles queen's Park, Kelty hearts and whoever comes down from above. unless we pull a blinder on a new manager or get serious investment for getting rid of players and getting new in we could be in this league for the foreseeable. 

serious question, do we have anyone coming through from the development teams for next season?

3 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

Sorry mentioned this before, I went to school with Martin, in fact I'd call him a close friend growing up through High School.

When he got the job I was talking to another school friend, an FFC season ticket holder and both discussing how bizarre it was and also how we thought it might turn out.

First of all I'll hold my hands up and say I was excited and hopeful about the appointment - something a bit different and my mate and I both agreed it was a good decision.   The one thing I said to my mate at the time was "I hope he's a bit more  ruthless in his attitude than he was in school, I cant imagine Martin ever giving a player a bollocking". At school I remember some lads trying to get MR to swear.  Just to say one swear word..  But due to his upbringing he wouldn't.  He was always a calm person. Determined, but I couldnt imagine him putting any fear into a player.   I'm sure theres plenty of managers that dont do that, but we need someone like that now more than ever.

My point is, and my little worry back then was I knew the squad he was inheriting needed a massive kick up the a*se.  I hoped MR had the skillset to motivate the players in his own way because I just couldn't see the person I knew being that type.   Granted it was a long time since school days and people can change. But I just felt if any worry I had that was it.  It appears that unfortunately thats half the problem, the players just aren't performing and clearly dont give two f*cks about the club, the fans or what the manager will do/say at half/full time.   

Add to that his lack of experience in playing professionally. Maybe players don't respect him because of that? I dunno - i've been in jobs where managers have come in with no experience in the industry and you always get folk who look down on that - Im not saying that happens at FFC but I wouldn't be surprised.

Sh*tshow anyway, see you in August....

Suspected this after his first interview, too nice and how after the majority of abhorrent displays he was able to keep backing the players just done my napper in. In any business arses need kicked and a heated discussion was always good for clearing the air. Just can’t see it with him.

Nice guy, but has failed miserably whichever way anyone dresses up his time here.