The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

For some clarity on my thoughts about Rennie. I haven’t once said the board shouldn’t have appointed him in the first place, I actually think they deserve some credit for doing something different. If though performances and inconsistent results stay the same then they shouldn’t in my opinion keep him for next season, we all have opinions that’s what football is all about! Hopefully that’s what he got a 6 month contract for, to see how he performs in Scotland. 

It’s an open forum and I won’t be told what I can and can’t post on here. 

Nobody is preventing you from saying anything.  You're just throwing toys out the pram.

The club is still a mess but at least now it is becoming more transparent. If you have questions then there are means to ask them beyond this forum. Thats doesn't mean you have to though.

I sound like a broken record here but you simply do not release a statement saying the coaching staff are already looking to recruit new players for next season if you have absolutely no intention of keeping the current protagonists. But this is Falkirk and it would come as no surprise we seem to excel at lurching from one cluster f**k to the next it's the only thing we are good at. 

16 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I sound like a broken record here but you simply do not release a statement saying the coaching staff are already looking to recruit new players for next season if you have absolutely no intention of keeping the current protagonists. But this is Falkirk and it would come as no surprise we seem to excel at lurching from one cluster f**k to the next it's the only thing we are good at. 

How would you feel if we keep them and they hadn't done any work to identify suitable players for next season?

Additionally, there would be nothing to stop a new manager either binning their list or acting on it.

26 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

How would you feel if we keep them and they hadn't done any work to identify suitable players for next season?

Additionally, there would be nothing to stop a new manager either binning their list or acting on it.

Fair point. But if we do appoint a new manager you don't want to leave it too late if he doesn't fancy any on the list otherwise your playing catch up n left with the dregs. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, latapythelegend said:

Nobody is preventing you from saying anything.  You're just throwing toys out the pram.

The club is still a mess but at least now it is becoming more transparent. If you have questions then there are means to ask them beyond this forum. Thats doesn't mean you have to though.

Throwing toys out the pram? Can you explain that one to me please? 

I’m being made out like I’ve got a thousand questions for the board where in actual fact all I’ve done is question the performance of the manager since he has came in. I’ve no doubt the club is in a mess and the new guys will fix it in time but I don’t have any questions at all regarding that stuff I don’t know enough about it. 

Guest Caractacus Potts

This whole notion that you can't criticise unless you are willing to say it to the face of the men responsible is an utter nonsense. 

That's like saying you can't write a Google review of a restaurant until you walk in to the kitchen and tell the chef that his cooking is terrible. 

These events the FSS are putting on are great but it would be an utter mess if people were encouraged to come along and critise. At the end of the day everyone is different but I  put up my opinions on here to express my concerns about the club. If any of the club management want to look at them and take note then that's up to them but I don't expect Martin Rennie to read anything,  nor would I want him to.  At the end of the day he will be doing the best job he can and although that may not be good enough in my eyes(at the moment) I'm not wanting to go down and say that to his face and give him a hard time. He doesn't deserve that. 

The board aren't daft either and will know keeping him on is a risk. The decision will be theirs to make and it doesn't need me or anyone else to go down and point out the blindingly obvious regarding results and performances not being good enough. They'll know other factors that we aren't privy to, to base their decision on. They can choose not to read criticism here or on other social media but don't deserve to have us bleating at them in person. 

They have to be responsible for that decision and be accountable if it doesn't work out. It's as simple as that and doesn't need any of us to berate them for it to their face. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

5 hours ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Jeezo, can't remember that one. Unfortunately, he did have a rather torrid time with us. 

I used to play 5s with Myles.

He'd go in goals and you just couldn't score in the small goals then he'd get bored and play outfield and run rings round us all.

Really nice guy. 

6 hours ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Jeezo, can't remember that one. Unfortunately, he did have a rather torrid time with us. 

Saved his really torrid time for later when a rather angry husband gave him a bit of a doing.

6 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Am I right in saying that there are two other dates and venues for the meet the manager thing as well? Courtyard and possibly Behind the Wall?

Had a look through the pages but couldn't find anything so would be appreciated if someone can tell me dates and times.

Next one is Saturday 2nd April @ 1730 in Behind the Goals - After the Montrose game.

12 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

I used to play 5s with Myles.

He'd go in goals and you just couldn't score in the small goals then he'd get bored and play outfield and run rings round us all.

Really nice guy. 

When you play football with or against an ex pro you soon find out they operate at a different level.

Its an education all right. 

13 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

This whole notion that you can't criticise unless you are willing to say it to the face of the men responsible is an utter nonsense. 

That's like saying you can't write a Google review of a restaurant until you walk in to the kitchen and tell the chef that his cooking is terrible. 

These events the FSS are putting on are great but it would be an utter mess if people were encouraged to come along and critise. At the end of the day everyone is different but I  put up my opinions on here to express my concerns about the club. If any of the club management want to look at them and take note then that's up to them but I don't expect Martin Rennie to read anything,  nor would I want him to.  At the end of the day he will be doing the best job he can and although that may not be good enough in my eyes(at the moment) I'm not wanting to go down and say that to his face and give him a hard time. He doesn't deserve that. 

The board aren't daft either and will know keeping him on is a risk. The decision will be theirs to make and it doesn't need me or anyone else to go down and point out the blindingly obvious regarding results and performances not being good enough. They'll know other factors that we aren't privy to, to base their decision on. They can choose not to read criticism here or on other social media but don't deserve to have us bleating at them in person. 

They have to be responsible for that decision and be accountable if it doesn't work out. It's as simple as that and doesn't need any of us to berate them for it to their face. 

The contract given to Rennie and Miller till the end of the season will have been mutual. These two are nobodies mugs and will have been well aware of the mess they were taking on and wanting to get a lay of the land. They will be getting an idea of the integrity and trustworthiness of the board and the impatience of the support.

I think they will walk with a thanks but no thanks.

The contract given to Rennie and Miller till the end of the season will have been mutual. These two are nobodies mugs and will have been well aware of the mess they were taking on and wanting to get a lay of the land. They will be getting an idea of the integrity and trustworthiness of the board and the impatience of the support.
I think they will walk with a thanks but no thanks.

A great point and one I never considered. A try before you buy? Maybe there was a thought in their minds that this on paper was going to be a scoosh and maybe how could we fail?
It may be both walk at the end of season and on to venture new but whatever happens their reputations will be tarnished unless things change before the seasons end.

19 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

When you play football with or against an ex pro you soon find out they operate at a different level.

Some of us might have a wee conceit that we can play a bit, but when you come up against someone from any sort of level, it's frightening.

My PE teacher and football coach at school was Caledonian (et al) full back Derek Dewar. A run-of-the-mill to decent Highland League player. But Christ, he was made of absolute steel. Never a ball playing defender, but he used to rip the piss out of our (U18) team even in training.

The story of Gus Caesar as related by Nick Hornby is a vivid one, and I'd recommend it (and Fever Pitch as a whole) to anyone.

58 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

It`s good to know that after all these years I left an impression on you!!!  Even if it was just my studs.😂