The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
22 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

It feels like the numbers on here are dwindling with 5 or 6 battling against anything BPM says, and that's it.

Or BPM battling against anyone who says anything he perceives as anti-Rennie. 

2 hours ago, The Laddie Gastineau said:

Hogarth's "swing and miss" was at Firhill v Partick Thistle. Camille Opongo, our Congolese centre back, passed back and the ball trundled under his foot. Felt rotten for him. 

I wasn’t at that game, but I was at Brockville for his swing and miss v Ayr.

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, Latapy is god said:

Interesting if they go along to the meeting at the Graeme Hotel tonight to voice the same concerns of which they do so on here. 

Jesus Christ shut up man. Are you actually telling us we’re not allowed to criticise the manager unless we go to all the meetings to voice that opinion? 

I remember the days on here when Laing got absolutely slaughtered for calling us keyboard warriors, oh the irony! 

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Jesus Christ shut up man. Are you actually telling us we’re not allowed to criticise the manager unless we go to all the meetings to voice that opinion? 

I remember the days on here when Laing got absolutely slaughtered for calling us keyboard warriors, oh the irony! 

As a matter of interest, do you intend to go to any of the meetings? Sometimes hearing things first hand can give you a different perception on things.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

As a matter of interest, do you intend to go to any of the meetings? Sometimes hearing things first hand can give you a different perception on things.

No I won’t be going tonight. I have nothing bad to say about the new guys on the board I’ve just criticised the manager that’s all, I think I’m entitled to do that after seeing us play numerous times under him.  I don’t need to go to meeting to analyse performances on the pitch! 

3 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

No I won’t be going tonight. I have nothing bad to say about the new guys on the board I’ve just criticised the manager that’s all, I think I’m entitled to do that after seeing us play numerous times under him.  I don’t need to go to meeting to analyse performances on the pitch! 

I agree, you are, of course, entitled to criticise. If you don't want him in post though (presumably) then you should take the chance to go along to tell him (and the BOD) that. I would assume that there will be plenty of others who will do so, so it's a chance to strengthen that feeling.

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Or BPM battling against anyone who says anything he perceives as anti-Rennie. 

We are all entitled to our opinion. I just happen to be right and you lot are wrong. 😂😂

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

More so the fact that your criticism towards the manager or concern may be answered if you attend one of the meetings instead of on here where it won't be.   However I'll take that as a no that you won't be attending any of the meetings and your mouth will be shut. 

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Latapy is god said:

More so the fact that your criticism towards the manager or concern may be answered if you attend one of the meetings instead of on here where it won't be.   However I'll take that as a no that you won't be attending any of the meetings and your mouth will be shut. 

😂😂 are you listening to yourself? It’s a football forum mate calm your wee self down! 

I pay to watch my team so if I’m not happy with what I see I will bloody well say it on here and if you don’t like it then just block me it’s as simple as that 👍

Guest Ecosse83
18 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I agree, you are, of course, entitled to criticise. If you don't want him in post though (presumably) then you should take the chance to go along to tell him (and the BOD) that. I would assume that there will be plenty of others who will do so, so it's a chance to strengthen that feeling.

Fair points mate but I can’t attend meetings unfortunately. Come the end of the season though I might just drop the club a wee email with my feelings if things haven’t improved enough for my liking. 

59 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Well to be honest, a lot of things that you've questioned BPM on could comfortably be addressed at one of these meetings I'd imagine.

Not saying you must attend these meetings to go every piece of info you require but you can't say the opportunity is not their to ask questions to those in a position to give you an honest answer face to face.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Well to be honest, a lot of things that you've questioned BPM on could comfortably be addressed at one of these meetings I'd imagine.

Not saying you must attend these meetings to go every piece of info you require but you can't say the opportunity is not their to ask questions to those in a position to give you an honest answer face to face.

What have I questioned him on? I can’t think of asking him any questions at all apart from if he knew why Rennie was given a 6 month contract! 

Pretty desperate I’m now not allowed to have an opinion on manager performance on an open forum unless I attend some meetings. 

Edited by Ecosse83

11 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

What have I questioned him on? I can’t think of asking him any questions at all apart from if he knew why Rennie was given a 6 month contract! 

Pretty desperate I’m now not allowed to have an opinion on manager performance on an open forum unless I attend some meetings. 

😅 Perhaps a list of do's and dont's would be helpful?

I assume players are also off limits in terms of criticism unless you raise it at a meeting?

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, champions said:

😅 Perhaps a list of do's and dont's would be helpful?

I assume players are also off limits in terms of criticism unless you raise it at a meeting?

I just hope some of these posters that are trying to gag us on here have nothing to do with the board, that would be a sorry state of affairs! 

Edited by Ecosse83

Guest Ecosse83

For some clarity on my thoughts about Rennie. I haven’t once said the board shouldn’t have appointed him in the first place, I actually think they deserve some credit for doing something different. If though performances and inconsistent results stay the same then they shouldn’t in my opinion keep him for next season, we all have opinions that’s what football is all about! Hopefully that’s what he got a 6 month contract for, to see how he performs in Scotland. 

It’s an open forum and I won’t be told what I can and can’t post on here. 

Edited by Ecosse83

9 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I just hope some of these posters that are trying to gag us on here have nothing to do with the board, that would be a sorry state of affairs! 

I haven’t seen anyone trying to gag anyone. Someone simply asked you if you were going to go to one of the meetings and express you views directly. Your views at least would get an answer from the horses mouth. You are not going to get that on here. 

Guest Ecosse83
Just now, Back Post Misses said:

I haven’t seen anyone trying to gag anyone. Someone simply asked you if you were going to go to one of the meetings and express you views directly. Your views at least would get an answer from the horses mouth. You are not going to get that on here. 

I wasn’t meaning you for what it’s worth but a fairly new poster did tell Me to keep my mouth shut if I don’t attend a meeting. 

Just now, Ecosse83 said:

I wasn’t meaning you for what it’s worth but a fairly new poster did tell Me to keep my mouth shut if I don’t attend a meeting. 

Ok