The Falkirk FC Thread

4 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Mark Howard done a good job. Glennon was decent enough and Schmeichel and Krul were top class as was Mallo. Even Lambers done a good job.

Only poor ones were Higgins who was diabolical and Bobby. 

I am not counting loan keepers,i actually felt sorry for Lambers as he was treated poorly by Yogi.When we got Kasper we actually asked to get Joe Hart but they offered Kasper instead.

Guest Caractacus Potts
3 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

I am not counting loan keepers,i actually felt sorry for Lambers as he was treated poorly by Yogi.When we got Kasper we actually asked to get Joe Hart but they offered Kasper instead.

Fair enough but not sure of the point then as surely all that matters is having a good keeper between the sticks whether on loan or not? 

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 minutes ago, Andy Dufresne said:

If we are talking about poor loan keepers you forgot about Butter Flinders.

Oh yeh, good shout. Can’t work out who was worse between him and Higgins. 

Having mentioned Lambers too. I wasn’t aware of a fall out with him but seem to remember talks of Glennon being treated pretty harshly for an error against Dunfermline. Had been fairly solid for us bar that, if I remember correctly. 

7 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Full time or part time it matters not a jot. They just have to be players of the right quality 

The right qualities. We have had plenty with quality (relatively) in their feet, but zero in their attitude and desire.

14 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Our keepers range from Willie Whigham to Leo Fasan. All the rest somewhere in the middle

FTFY. Sore point when I entered his name as Whigham (correctly) in a book article, and some proof reader changed it Wigham, and I got pelters for it. Watson, Rennie Whigham Parks and Marshall were all great for us down the years.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

FTFY. Sore point when I entered his name as Whigham (correctly) in a book article, and some proof reader changed it Wigham, and I got pelters for it.

Oaft. I hope you got the editor telt so they could bollock the proof reader.

As someone who has proofread a few books, that is a horror show. 

1 minute ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Oaft. I hope you got the editor telt so they could bollock the proof reader.

As someone who has proofread a few books, that is a horror show. 

One of those things that in the grand scheme of things, doesn’t amount to a hill of beans, but to me, well, I was raging. 😂

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

FTFY. Sore point when I entered his name as Whigham (correctly) in a book article, and some proof reader changed it Wigham, and I got pelters for it. Watson, Rennie Whigham Parks and Marshall were all great for us down the years.

Ally Donaldson should be on that list.

8 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Partick thistle looked utterly stinking thats two heavy defeats in a row  against clubs fighting it out near the bottom. 

Sorted out the spine of the side which is exactly what we needed to do. Ambrose was solid at the back and the midfield won its battles comfortably. 

The top of the championship is opening up nice for Kilmarnock, it’s no coincidence they went for a guy like McInnes…….

44 minutes ago, Springfield said:

The top of the championship is opening up nice for Kilmarnock, it’s no coincidence they went for a guy like McInnes…….

Don’t say that to Aberdeen fans. They hated him 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I wouldn’t say hated, just outgrown and got stale. Like the two Edinburgh clubs always trying the break the Glasgow arse cheeks hold on Scottish football, and never really getting anywhere.

Edited by Springfield

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I've no idea why big clubs sack decent experienced managers and then replace them with complete novices. Aberdeen and Hibs both have done that recently and it's done absolutely nothing for them.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Every Aberdeen fan I know wanted McInnes out. Always told them he was a good manager and they'd end up bottom 6 without him. They might still get there but have definitely gone backwards since he left anyway. He's hardly setting the heather alight at Killie but still getting the job done. Most experienced managers that are out of work at the moment are that way for a reason, but less of a gamble than yet another rookie imo 

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I've no idea why big clubs sack decent experienced managers and then replace them with complete novices. Aberdeen and Hibs both have done that recently and it's done absolutely nothing for them.

Football clubs are notoriously bad at exactly the point you’ve made. Combination of factors but primarily results/fan’s expectations are normally the catalyst for BODs to bin managers. Can think of a club not to far away from us……☹️

4 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Football clubs are notoriously bad at exactly the point you’ve made. Combination of factors but primarily results/fan’s expectations are normally the catalyst for BODs to bin managers. Can think of a club not to far away from us……☹️

I know but at least replace them with someone with a decent track record . I mean glass and Maloney have done absolutely nothing managerially. Too many coaches getting jobs at the top before they've cut their teeth in the lower leagues if you ask me. It works every now and again but very rarely.

8 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I know but at least replace them with someone with a decent track record . I mean glass and Maloney have done absolutely nothing managerially. Too many coaches getting jobs at the top before they've cut their teeth in the lower leagues if you ask me. It works every now and again but very rarely.

Seen an article about T Wright, didn’t realise he was at ST J for nearly seven seasons. Done exceptionally well and would probably still been at STJ had they not sold his two best players from under his nose, just an example how things can change very quickly for even the experienced guys. Take another example what’s currently going on at Dundee, utter desperation by the BOD to stay in the SPL, sack the manager after he managed I think two/three wins and bring in a guy who’s best mates with Strachan. Who’d be a football manager 🙄