The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

With all respect this is an open forum which many choose to express their valued opinions. Many fans (which I suspect with increasing numbers) are completely fcked off, disillusioned and at the point of no return.
Many fans which I include myself in have backed the club with personal STs / business STs / hospitality/ social & annual sportsman’s dinners etc etc. We have a group of patrons adding serious cash. 

I might be completely wrong but if there’s not a huge positive shift within the club this close season, any long term plans will go done as blah blah blah.

I’m actually surprised that the FSS has been able to attract 400 punters, with the shite we’ve witnessed for what seems years.

The BOD need to be supported but we’ve had the begging letters every close season and it’s beginning to wear very very thin.

Don’t support them then - it is your choice. 

10 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Sheerin had to go no doubt about it but don’t try and make out that Rennie has done so much better than him and saved us from relegation when in actual fact his record is worse. 

I think I could have managed the team to beat East Fife and Dumbarton twice! 

I am as disappointed as the next fan. I thought it would be better. I am not really convinced we would have got much better from anyone with the dross Sheerin’s left. We can thank our lucky stars for that Q&A!! 

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I know but in order to do most of the things we want to do we really need to get back in the championship.

Of course we do but not investing won’t help. Chicken and egg really. We either trust the new regime or we don’t. Those who don’t won’t invest but it won’t improve things much. If Rennie is appointed and it is their red line then so be it. 2500 backed Deans and Holt. Says it all for me 

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am as disappointed as the next fan. I thought it would be better. I am not really convinced we would have got much better from anyone with the dross Sheerin’s left. We can thank our lucky stars for that Q&A!! 

Now that’s something we can agree on, it has been the best thing about this season so far. The guys in charge now must have been rubbing there hands whilst that calamity was unfolding 😂

Guest Caractacus Potts
18 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Would he? He wouldn’t have had 230k from Patrons so doubtful. 

Leaving aside the notion that the patrons investment was dependant on Sheerin leaving, how does this help your argument!?

Despite bringing in new players, Rennie hasn’t improved us?

Sheerin’s last 5 league games

Queens(a) 0-6

Montrose(h) 0-1

Dumbarton(a) 3-0

Alloa(h) 1-1

Clyde(a) 3-1

Points 7 GF 7 GA 9

Rennie’s last 5

Dumbarton(a) 2-0

Airdrie(h) 1-4

Clyde(a) 1-1

East Fife(h) 3-1

Peterhead(h) 1-1

Points 8 GF8 GA 7

The difference is marginal and then like you say, Rennie has brought in 6 players including an ex internationalist plus Anton Dowds. Also his last 5 have included 4 teams below us whereas Sheerin’s was only 3.

Take Sheerin’s results in the same fixtures Rennie has had in the last 5 though and these are his results…

Dumbarton(a) 3-0

Airdrie(a) 2-1

Clyde(a) 3-1

East Fife(a)- Wasn’t manager

Peterhead(h)- 0-0

Points 10 GF 8 GA 2

Please tell me what makes you convinced we’d be doing much worse with Sheerin still at the helm?(this is not me claiming he should still be there by the way!).

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

I'll back @Back Post Misses up on this one. Can imagine Sheerin signing more Michael Ruth types than the players Rennie did. 

Rennie has bobbled along, middle of the road - some good, some bad - but Sheerin had us nosediving and didn't have any answers as he said in his post-mathc interviews.

Sheerin had to go but I’m not buying BPMs argument. Ruth was dreadful but despite that his strike ratio is actually better than Griffiths is for us and all of his goals were from open play. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Leaving aside the notion that the patrons investment was dependant on Sheerin leaving, how does this help your argument!?

Queens(a) 0-6

Montrose(h) 0-1

Dumbarton(a) 3-0

Alloa(h) 1-1

Clyde(a) 3-1

Points 7 GF 7 GA 9

Rennie’s last 5

Dumbarton(a) 2-0

Airdrie(h) 1-4

Clyde(a) 1-1

East Fife(h) 3-1

Peterhead(h) 1-1

Points 8 GF8 GA 7

The difference is marginal and then like you say, Rennie has brought in 6 players including an ex internationalist plus Anton Dowds. Also his last 5 have included 4 teams below us whereas Sheerin’s was only 3.

Take Sheerin’s results in the same fixtures Rennie has had in the last 5 though and these are his results…

Dumbarton(a) 3-0

Airdrie(a) 2-1

Clyde(a) 3-1

Peterhead(h)- 0-0

Points 10 GF 8 GA 2

Please tell me what makes you convinced we’d be doing much worse with Sheerin still at the helm?(this is not me claiming he should still be there by the way!).

Any unbiased, objective analysis of Rennie’s time would tell you he has massively underperformed. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Seem to mind you saying the opposite at the time and wanting the whole thing to be quickly forgotten about? 

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Sheerin had to go no doubt about it but don’t try and make out that Rennie has done so much better than him and saved us from relegation when in actual fact his record is worse. 

I think I could have managed the team to beat East Fife and Dumbarton twice! 

Very worrying that the patrons are performing all sorts of gymnastics to try and make out that Rennie is doing a good job. 

The fact is that despite 7 new players in the door including 1 on a huge sum, there has been no improvement under Rennie. We still can’t compete at all with the teams above us and can’t beat teams like Peterhead and Clyde either.

You just wonder what they are thinking. 

Guest Ecosse83
8 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Very worrying that the patrons are performing all sorts of gymnastics to try and make out that Rennie is doing a good job. 

The fact is that despite 7 new players in the door including 1 on a huge sum, there has been no improvement under Rennie. We still can’t compete at all with the teams above us and can’t beat teams like Peterhead and Clyde either.

You just wonder what they are thinking. 

Reading between the lines they want stability which is quite frankly great. Maybe they know more about Rennie than we do but purely from a football perspective he hasn’t done enough YET to win me over. 

One of my biggest criticisms of him was the stubborn 352 which he now seems to have went away from, hopefully we can bag another 3 points on Saturday and maybe just maybe build some momentum going into the final 5 games! 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Queens(a) 0-6

Montrose(h) 0-1

Dumbarton(a) 3-0

Alloa(h) 1-1

Clyde(a) 3-1

Points 7 GF 7 GA 9

Rennie’s last 5

Dumbarton(a) 2-0

Airdrie(h) 1-4

Clyde(a) 1-1

East Fife(h) 3-1

Peterhead(h) 1-1

Points 8 GF8 GA 7

Dumbarton(a) 3-0

Airdrie(a) 2-1

Clyde(a) 3-1

Peterhead(h)- 0-0

Points 10 GF 8 GA 2

My opinion like yours that Rennie is no use. 

I think some are forgetting the previous few years.  Hartley, McKinnon, M&M all took us backwards with slipping further down the spfl pyramid each appointment.  Along with that one of our worst results only this season losing 6-0 to QP under Sheerin which ultimately got him sacked. 

I agree that Rennie has not got the ship moving forward yet however he has steadied it to some extent. He also hasn't took us any lower unlike his predecessors if that's even possible. 

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We have to have a bloody plan, your mates never had one. It is the idiotic policies of the past that has ruined us.
You and a few others have backed the previous regime and are now clearly digging the new guys. It is the mess of your mates that is needing cleared up. 

Having pressed for meaningful change for 12 years I am happy to be patient for the new Board to rebuild this wreck of a football club. 

For someone whose continually telling us we need to come together you don't half enjoy attacking folk for their opinion.   

I don't have any "mates" either on this board or the last and don't know a single one of them personally.  

I also didn't 'back' the last regime and criticised them plenty.  I did express an opinion that I wanted to see The Rawlins take more control in the summer but that didn't happen as we all know.  We should all be prepared to give credit when its due and criticise when its deserved regardless of who is in charge if we're ever going to 'pull together'

Everyone on here wants Rennie to succeed and want the board to succeed too (we're all FFC fans) but neither are above criticism when it's due (nor should they be).   The DGW episode could easily have finished us as a club and we all have a responsibility to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen again.  I also don't agree with the LG signing but that's not on the same level.  Fingers crossed we'll start to get much more right than wrong soon but for most, I suspect the jury is out.  And that's ok, its still early days.  

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

For someone whose continually telling us we need to come together you don't half enjoy attacking folk for their opinion.   

I don't have any "mates" either on this board or the last and don't know a single one of them personally.  

I also didn't 'back' the last regime and criticised them plenty.  I did express an opinion that I wanted to see The Rawlins take more control in the summer but that didn't happen as we all know.  We should all be prepared to give credit when its due and criticise when its deserved regardless of who is in charge if we're ever going to 'pull together'

Everyone on here wants Rennie to succeed and want the board to succeed too (we're all FFC fans) but neither are above criticism when it's due (nor should they be).   The DGW episode could easily have finished us as a club and we all have a responsibility to make sure that sort of thing doesn't happen again.  I also don't agree with the LG signing but that's not on the same level.  Fingers crossed we'll start to get much more right than wrong soon but for most, I suspect the jury is out.  And that's ok, its still early days.  

I did say that at the start but it was clear that this clubs fans wish to eat it alive so there is little point trying to convince some now.

As fans we have put up with being treated like shit for years. New guys come in, try and clean the place up and some still can’t see it. 

The weekend was pretty telling. We won on Saturday, it wasn’t pretty, but we won. Had we lost the forum would have exploded. As it turned out it was pretty much like a ghost town. Says it all really. 

The club is now in good hands. Those who don’t think it is should take some time to go speak to those running it now. But many would rather just moan behind a keyboard and not go and judge for themselves.

I complained about the way the club was run for years. I was right all along and I have also done something about it by investing as a Patron and someone who signed up for FSS. I will support this Board to the end as they are good people. If they fail it will not be because they have not tried to do the right thing for the club or run it to suit their own personal agendas like it has been in the past

16 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

PS Thank goodness you wish on the Rawlins didn’t happen. Absolutely front and centre of this car crash. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest TedCrilly
32 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

My opinion like yours that Rennie is no use. 

What have you seen from Rennie to convince you that he is the one? 

The facts are he has a similar PPG as Sheerin with arguably a better squad (over half upgraded). Even dismissing the boring style of football, the results don’t back him up either.

One position we were crying out for was a dominant centre mid. He signed one on loan who now can’t get a game in front of Hetherington. I don’t buy there was nobody out there either. Morton and Hamilton signed Wilson and Lawson in the same window. Did we offer them deals? Could the Griffiths money had been distributed better to sign a bit wiser if we were outbidded.

I, like Mr Potts, were vocal against the old board so this isn’t some wild board agenda moan we’re having here. It’s a genuine concern against the managerial ability of Martin Rennie. I fully back the new board but I would personally start to have concerns if Rennie is kept on. Time will tell I suppose but until now it looks a relatively easy call to make.

Edited by TedCrilly

MRs biggest error/omission has being unable to address a midfield that has not provided defence cover nor provided the front line with decent service. Let’s be honest, with good service, Griffiths, Dowds and Jaze would be having an absolute field day in this league.

The only addition has been Jacobs who is now well past his prime, and has been on the sidelines for a year. I said before, but MRs biggest enemy has been time. We needed an instant fix, but the scope of it…..defenders who couldn’t defend properly, a midfield that just hides or is over populated with number 8s, and a front line that had no goals in it. Every department of the team fatally flawed, and a January window to fix it. I guess it was a big ask.

I am still not on board with all of MRs thinking, as some of it seems highly contradictory. I said before that charismatic managers tend to get dead cat bounce, and autocrats tend to take much longer to bring about real change, but when they do, it tends to be more stable as it is more process/system based rather than personality based. Occasionally, you get the ones that are both……Fergie, Shankly, Klopp, Pep, TT, Stein, but they are few and far between.

27 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

But many would rather just moan behind a keyboard and not go and judge for themselves.

This is what surprises me the most, there is some serious amount of time, effort and perhaps obsession put into the continual negative stuff posted, then when someone asks are you going along to an event they can never make it.

I get we haven't had much to be happy about, but it feels like there are also some serious agendas on the go.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

This is what surprises me the most, there is some serious amount of time, effort and perhaps obsession put into the continual negative stuff posted, then when someone asks are you going along to an event they can never make it.

I get we haven't had much to be happy about, but it feels like there are also some serious agendas on the go.

The biggest one being trying to convince us Rennie is the right man for the job!