The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The board presumably only handed Rennie a 6 month deal for a reason. If we struggle for the remaining games which we probably will then Rennie hasn’t done enough to warrant getting the job. He inherited a shite team no denying that but he also got to sign half a new team so that excuse doesn’t wash. 

With certain posts on the thread my gut feeling is Rennie will be here next season regardless what happens now, it will be a decision made through pure stubbornness and not what’s best for the club! 

It definitely seems like that’s the direction the patrons are heading in, which is disappointing. The line Rennie, board and patrons are now promoting about not being able to get the right players in January and the new scout etc would tie in with Rennie being kept on.

Just another reason imo why a more balanced board is urgently needed. If all directors are members of one group, there’s no one there to offer a different perspective or challenge to decisions.

23 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

The board presumably only handed Rennie a 6 month deal for a reason. If we struggle for the remaining games which we probably will then Rennie hasn’t done enough to warrant getting the job. He inherited a shite team no denying that but he also got to sign half a new team so that excuse doesn’t wash. 

With certain posts on the thread my gut feeling is Rennie will be here next season regardless what happens now, it will be a decision made through pure stubbornness and not what’s best for the club! 

Whatever the decision IMO It will be a decision that is thought threw with a longer term plan not the reactionary crap we have had for years. 

2 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

It definitely seems like that’s the direction the patrons are heading in, which is disappointing. The line Rennie, board and patrons are now promoting about not being able to get the right players in January and the new scout etc would tie in with Rennie being kept on.

Just another reason imo why a more balanced board is urgently needed. If all directors are members of one group, there’s no one there to offer a different perspective or challenge to decisions.

This is a Board decision. As a Patron I have not been asked nor do I need to be or expect to be if Rennie should continue in the role. We elected them it is their call along with the 2 FSS directors and Gordon Wright. 

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Whatever the decision IMO It will be a decision that is thought threw with a longer term plan not the reactionary crap we have had for years. 

You might not know the answer to this but was there a reason Rennie only got the 6 month contract? 

8 hours ago, champions said:

Dont disagree re our playoff hopes, but QotS brushed aside Cove fairly comfortably, and I thought Dunfermline looked decent against Morton on Friday. Obviously one of the two are getting relegated but the other will have a good chance of staying up via the playoffs.

Queen's were in a bit of form at that time but they didn't brush us side. Beat us yes (1-0), but we had them pinned in for large periods and just didn't have killer instinct in the final third / in front of goal that day.

We beat them 3-0 at Palmerston a few months prior. They are a decent side but aren't superior to a top end L1 side. Anyone who finishes in the playoffs and comes up against them shouldn't have any fear.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Clear the Boardroom? FFS without the Patron cash investment and the FSS scheme we would have been staring relegation in the face and probably would have run out of money and you want to clear the people trying to fix the place. Gie us piece 

I would love nothing wrong than to be proved wrong and Rennie leads us to the title next season.

Guest Caractacus Potts
25 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I agree with this but then the opportunity was there for non patrons to represent the FSS and only one took up the opportunity and the FSS as a whole voted in the patron. There was a good post regarding appointing interim directors but don’t think anyone can disagree with the process whereby the latest FSS representative was appointed. 

I just think we need a leader. If there’s a voice that’s louder than the others who wants to keep Rennie then that person has to step up and be accountable for that decision. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts
19 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This is a Board decision. As a Patron I have not been asked nor do I need to be or expect to be if Rennie should continue in the role. We elected them it is their call along with the 2 FSS directors and Gordon Wright. 

What I don’t understand is that if the patrons aren’t even consulted regarding their opinion on keeping the manager, signing Goodwillie etc then how can they properly represent that group? 

17 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

You might not know the answer to this but was there a reason Rennie only got the 6 month contract? 

Not 100% sure but i would think 3/4 things to consider 

1. Rennie may have wanted to take a look

2. Board the same reason

3. Board had seen too much cash rolling out the door in pay offs they wanted to ensure that was not the case again

4. They were all new to things and before committing us to a longer term plan they would want to find their feet behind the scenes. 

12 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I agree with this but then the opportunity was there for non patrons to represent the FSS and only one took up the opportunity and the FSS as a whole voted in the patron. There was a good post regarding appointing interim directors but don’t think anyone can disagree with the process whereby the latest FSS representative was appointed. 

I just think we need a leader. If there’s a voice that’s louder than the others who wants to keep Rennie then that person has to step up and be accountable for that decision. 

That is exactly what this club has suffered from. When any decision is made by the Board that should be exactly what the full board need to get behind. Collective responsibility. We have had years of people on the Board undermining their colleagues, decisions and therefore the club. The club is being run by the Board of directors end of. No real need for another Ego! 

Edited by Back Post Misses

11 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

What I don’t understand is that if the patrons aren’t even consulted regarding their opinion on keeping the manager, signing Goodwillie etc then how can they properly represent that group? 

You really need to get you head round this because the FSS is exactly the same. 
You elect the reps, they run the club and make the decisions. If they make a c**t of it they will get deselected. Of course there will be consultation but not on every single issue. The consultations will be more “this is what we are doing” 

Edited by Back Post Misses

Guest Caractacus Potts
33 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You really need to get you head round this because the FSS is exactly the same. 
You elect the reps, they run the club and make the decisions. If they make a c**t of it they will get deselected. Of course there will be consultation but not on every single issue. The consultations will be more “this is what we are doing” 

Point is, if the board are making a c**t of it then how do you know who’s responsible or what the relevant representatives are doing? 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

6 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Point is how do you if the board are making a c**t of it then how do you know who’s responsible or what the relevant representatives are doing? 

I imagine the feedback to FFS members which to be fair has been reasonably good so far, would cover this. If a decision is made by the board that is unpopular then the elected member would be liable to going to the wider group of FSS members and explaining the decision or at least their input in the decision.

Arguably, it is as transparent as it can possibly be. The only variable to look out for is the timeliness of communication and consistency of it.

3 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I think most would argue that it needs to be both. Clearing the dressing room is a must but I’ve no idea how we finance it.

I also think people want it to work for Rennie but up until now it simply hasn’t. Based on what we’ve seen so far I’m not sure there’s a case for him to be kept on next season but hopefully things change over the next couple of months. 

In this economic climate and job security players on contract will want a big casher to terminate it. Depends on the terms and conditions being tied into getting promotion then there maybe a get out. Going by history that get out won't be an option.

6 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

In this economic climate and job security players on contract will want a big casher to terminate it. Depends on the terms and conditions being tied into getting promotion then there maybe a get out. Going by history that get out won't be an option.

I get all that but we are in an incredibly difficult position. Getting rid of this junk will cost a fortune but continuing with this junk is not an option 🤷🏼‍♂️

11 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I get all that but we are in an incredibly difficult position. Getting rid of this junk will cost a fortune but continuing with this junk is not an option 🤷🏼‍♂️

Easiest one to get rid of IMO will be Hetherington. Alloa will be happy to take him back and he'll know himself he's not popular here. 

13 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I am sure we will get a few out on loan, a few will go, we will keep a few and have to pay off a few

We all know full well that the divide between those contracted for next season, and those who can and will leave is more or less the opposite of what we want it to be. At the Q&A, it was the only thing that Holt said that wasn’t horseshit. He said that this season’s squad is next season’s squad.

All the club can do is be honest with each and every one them, and tell them that while contracted, they form no part of the HC plans for next season, and if they wish, they are free to leave and find another club. Some may choose to sit tight and effectively disappear from the game, or others might want to back themselves, and go play football….even if it’s L2.

We will just have to write off the transfer fee we paid for Seb Ross. Thing is, if it’s still MR, I don’t think he has a great deal of credit in the bank, and he will have to get recruitment (limited as it will be) spot on.

No-one will be interested in sitting here in a year’s time with MR saying it’s still Holt and Sheerin’s lousy signings that are killing us……even if it is partially true.

11 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

We all know full well that the divide between those contracted for next season, and those who can and will leave is more or less the opposite of what we want it to be. At the Q&A, it was the only thing that Holt said that wasn’t horseshit. He said that this season’s squad is next season’s squad.

All the club can do is be honest with each and every one them, and tell them that while contracted, they form no part of the HC plans for next season, and if they wish, they are free to leave and find another club. Some may choose to sit tight and effectively disappear from the game, or others might want to back themselves, and go play football….even if it’s L2.

We will just have to write off the transfer fee we paid for Seb Ross. Thing is, if it’s still MR, I don’t think he has a great deal of credit in the bank, and he will have to get recruitment (limited as it will be) spot on.

No-one will be interested in sitting here in a year’s time with MR saying it’s still Holt and Sheerin’s lousy signings that are killing us……even if it is partially true.

Exactly this, for the sake of FFC