The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I generally agree with what you're saying, but on that specific, yes - Jacobs would be preferable to Hetherington.

Hilarity aside, Jacobs carrying an injury, but could do a 15 minute spell, Dowds training injury looks like being another week before we see him back.

I heard Griffiths has had a foot injury since the Alloa game.

14 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I generally agree with what you're saying, but on that specific, yes - Jacobs would be preferable to Hetherington.

Taiwo with one leg is a better option

By fuk I'd love a player of his ilk right now in the team

If you are just checking in, and are not there or haven’t bothered shelling out £12, then fair play. The pitch is of course dreadful, but it’s roughly on a par with the football. It is absolutely awful. One gift, and a neat finish by Telfer is about it.

37 minutes ago, Russ said:

So not 442. 4-5-1 with Griffiths up top on his own emoji23.png.

Flat 5 across the middle? Not a 5 with 3/2 or 2/3 split? 

tedious how people think 4-5-1 is defensive in and of itself - it’s not. 

Regards to the job each player has to do I would be happy to have Griffiths up front himself, on the last man and supported by 2/3 mids moving forward to support. 4-5-1 wouldn’t be the problem itself it would be a poorly operated 4-5-1 that leaves the 1 stranded that’s a problem (and mostly what we’ve see. Whenever we played it in recent years)

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

If you are just checking in, and are not there or haven’t bothered shelling out £12, then fair play. The pitch is of course dreadful, but it’s roughly on a par with the football. It is absolutely awful. One gift, and a neat finish by Telfer is about it.

Not there and didn’t fancy shelling out as I had to run family to airport and would’ve missed a decent bit driving. 

Thanks for the update, sounds like not missing much football on this report 😂

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Cheers. I couldn't be arsed at all. I actually thought we would lose, still time for us to capitulate ofcourse. 

What a weird game. It’s been quite shite and boring for the most part yet we really could/should have scored 4 or 5 there. It really can’t be stated enough just how good awful Dumbarton are. Their defence is comfortably worse than ours.

Hilarious defending for the first goal but Kabia done well to finish. Was a great team move for the second and whilst I thought the keeper could’ve done better at his near post was a smart finish from Telfer. Since then Bronsky had a great block from a Telfer shot that was going in, Miller missing a back post free header from a corner which he gave to a Kabia who put over the bar and ATS getting too much time to think at the back post and hit against a defender when he should’ve scored. Dumbarton look semi competent going forward but apart from a free header from a corner that Griffiths headed off the line they’ve not threatened. We do still look capable of causing ourselves problems though.

Telfer me playing really well here. He’s been given pretty much as much room as he wants and he looks threatening any time he’s got the ball. Kabia been pretty quiet I thought but any time he’s had the ball he’s been positive with it, Griffiths leading the line well very intelligent attacking play. Also think Miller is shielding the defence well but his use of the ball is terrible. Real negatives are Hetherington is still soft as shite and again McGuffie looks lost playing on the right he’s far more effective on the left imo.