The Falkirk FC Thread

A win today secures yet another season in the wilderness, for me season end and the games left absolutely meaningless.

The following weeks will allow the BOD to confirm their intentions for next season and R&Ms futures, and what the plans are for next season. Although I believe the decision has already been made.

Guess like the majority of the support, were desperately hoping that many of the players will be told that they’ve not got a future and to get looking elsewhere including those under contract.

12 minutes ago, Springfield said:

A win today secures yet another season in the wilderness, for me season end and the games left absolutely meaningless.

The following weeks will allow the BOD to confirm their intentions for next season and R&Ms futures, and what the plans are for next season. Although I believe the decision has already been made.

Guess like the majority of the support, were desperately hoping that many of the players will be told that they’ve not got a future and to get looking elsewhere including those under contract.

Yeah, last week was my last game of the season. Rennie’s playing style and tactics are amongst the most awful I’ve ever seen so won’t be back till next season.

I’m pretty confident we will get a point today which really says in itself how low my expectations currently are sadly.

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I'm beginning to suspect that the new board are just as intransigent as the old board. The old board were determined to stick with Sheerin even when it was obvious to the world and his wife that he wasn't up to the job. It took the disastrous Q&A followed by a pumping off of Queen's Park before they would admit that they were wrong. If the new board are just as headstrong and insist on continuing with Rennie then they aren't the wonderful upgrade on the old board that we were promised. There is no shame in admitting that you were wrong, the real shame is in not admitting that you were wrong.

#RENNIEOUT

Not sure that “intransigence” was the overriding flaw with Deans and his sidekick(s). Self entitled, strangers to the truth, unethical, disorganised, secretive, divisive, bullying………all that sort of stuff would feature more highly than intransigence.

Where I would agree is that six games or so in, it started to become a bit obvious our head coach was still a youth coach. First “wtf” for me was his disappointment at having to play two up front to salvage a draw at Montrose. Then of course, his love for Hetherington and Ruth, chucking money at Cove for Seb Ross…….it was all amateurish and shambolic.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

12 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I'm beginning to suspect that the new board are just as intransigent as the old board. The old board were determined to stick with Sheerin even when it was obvious to the world and his wife that he wasn't up to the job. It took the disastrous Q&A followed by a pumping off of Queen's Park before they would admit that they were wrong. If the new board are just as headstrong and insist on continuing with Rennie then they aren't the wonderful upgrade on the old board that we were promised. There is no shame in admitting that you were wrong, the real shame is in not admitting that you were wrong.

#RENNIEOUT

The BOD need to be backed as I genuinely believe (cling too) the fact that they are all Falkirk people/patrons/supporters and are genuinely wanting the club to be brought back from the possible abyss should we call the close season wrong.

They are all new and deserve some time (close season) to get the club back, firstly in the championship and secondly the holy grail(SPL).

The initial honeymoon stops very soon with the first huge decision on whether they keep the current duo.

I was on the managements side (for the same reason as backing the BOD) until the  recent displays, and last Saturdays appalling display. 
Yes he’s inherited a set of shite, but his choice of guys like ATS and Jacobs maybe perhaps Griffiths when we’ve been crying out for strengthening our midfield (add another CB) isn’t great.

Fully accept that we’ve fallen from grace in the past few years and can understand that we need to stop previous wrong practices, the question for me is that if the gig is with R&M the BOD need to make significant funds available to change one hellava lot of players, however the warning signs have already been sounded.

I dont think you can offer up Jacobs as evidence of Rennies failure to strengthen the midfield?

Jacobs had a lot of what we need. Had.

I'm not sure we were to know hes done. The criticism isn't signing Jacobs. It's not signing more on top of Jacobs.

I’m curious about the recent revelation regarding our ability to sign players from abroad, due to an unpaid bond, so my questions are:

• How much was this bond? Would it be more than a protest against any red card (for example, one of Hetherington’s sendings off?)
  • Was this because the previous regime thought anyone we’d need could be found locally?

We haven’t been a big hirer of foreign players before, but that’s my own view, and who we have signed has been a massive hit (Farid) or a massive miss (Haber). Was looking forward to Rennie bringing in from North America or wherever his connections extend, which I thought could have started when the Rawlins got involved.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont think you can offer up Jacobs as evidence of Rennies failure to strengthen the midfield?

I'm not sure we were to know hes done. The criticism isn't signing Jacobs. It's not signing more on top of Jacobs.

Given that Jacobs had been out for 17 months and played around 2 games in 2 years it was always a strange signing.

Silly to sign a guy who was nowhere near match fitness. Probably even sillier playing Gary Miller ahead of him mind you. Jacobs is done physically so let’s destroy his confidence too.

Why clubs loan players to us anymore is beyond me.

Edited by Grangemouth Bairn

Is one reason why I'd look to keep Rennie, he hasn't had a chance to turn the team around with his own players. Does anyone really think young loan players were his first choice? January window with COVID means it's harder to get players than before. However things are bad, I'm sitting here thinking do I get livestream from today or not when if we are going well there's no decision to make!

5 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

I’m curious about the recent revelation regarding our ability to sign players from abroad, due to an unpaid bond, so my questions are:

• How much was this bond? Would it be more than a protest against any red card (for example, one of Hetherington’s sendings off?)
  • Was this because the previous regime thought anyone we’d need could be found locally?

We haven’t been a big hirer of foreign players before, but that’s my own view, and who we have signed has been a massive hit (Farid) or a massive miss (Haber). Was looking forward to Rennie bringing in from North America or wherever his connections extend, which I thought could have started when the Rawlins got involved.

Haber was on loan from a Scottish club so can’t imagine that was in issue. 

Whether you want to call them number 8s or number 10s, we have been saddled with four of them…….Morrison, Telfer, Nesbitt, McGuffie. It’s staggering that Holt allowed that to happen…….hell, he made it happen.

Swap out Nesbitt and McGuffie for two proper midfield enforcer types (yeah, budget Tom Taiwo types), and we would have been fine.

4 minutes ago, Taxi for De Massis said:

All about work permits.  The bond is I think, a three figure sum. The previous Board would not have considered where players would be coming from. I would be amazed if another FT club didn’t have the paperwork in place.

Given that Jacobs had been out for 17 months and played around 2 games in 2 years it was always a strange signing.
Silly to sign a guy who was nowhere near match fitness. Probably even sillier playing Gary Miller ahead of him mind you. Jacobs is done physically so let’s destroy his confidence too.
Why clubs loan players to us anymore is beyond me.
Jacobs isn't a daft laddie he knew what he was getting into. I'm sure he is as disappointed as we are that it just isn't there for him anymore, but I won't slate that signing with hindsight anymore than I would the Rory Loy one, for example. This was more foreseeable than what happened with Loy, but to counter that, we are a mid table league 1 gang.

Jacobs in theory was just what we needed.

That Jacobs is practice is less able than anyone thought isn't beccesarily a fault to be blamed on anyone. That Jacobs alone was clearly shown not to be enough whilst the window for loans remained open.... That where some blame can be doled out.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

He's another midget though. Our midfields full of them already. Plus I thought wed have at least watched him play a few times at some level  before signing him which would give you an idea of his current state surely. The fact that Rennie preferred a young inexperienced  centrehalf to him last week is a dining endictment of that signing.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

He's another midget though. Our midfields full of them already. Plus I thought wed have at least watched him play a few times at some level  before signing him which would give you an idea of his current state surely. The fact that Rennie preferred a young inexperienced  centrehalf to him last week is a dining endictment of that signing.

I mean the physical size chat is all well and good until you consider that what most of us bemoan the lack of, in our recent experience, is  Tom Taiwo type. He was hardly a man of great stature. He just committed to his tackles and sought them out with great enthusiasm 

10 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Is one reason why I'd look to keep Rennie, he hasn't had a chance to turn the team around with his own players. Does anyone really think young loan players were his first choice? January window with COVID means it's harder to get players than before. However things are bad, I'm sitting here thinking do I get livestream from today or not when if we are going well there's no decision to make!

He's only brought in two youngsters kabia who has played in the top flight  and who looks like a good signing and mills who hes flung under a bus by playing him in midfield.

46 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I mean the physical size chat is all well and good until you consider that what most of us bemoan the lack of, in our recent experience, is  Tom Taiwo type. He was hardly a man of great stature. He just committed to his tackles and sought them out with great enthusiasm 

This. There seems to be a regular misconception that you need to be built like patrick Vieira to be an effective defensive midfielder, when in reality we just need someone that his a bit energy and not afraid to make a tackle.

58 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whether you want to call them number 8s or number 10s, we have been saddled with four of them…….Morrison, Telfer, Nesbitt, McGuffie. It’s staggering that Holt allowed that to happen…….hell, he made it happen.

Swap out Nesbitt and McGuffie for two proper midfield enforcer types (yeah, budget Tom Taiwo types), and we would have been fine.

All about work permits.  The bond is I think, a three figure sum. The previous Board would not have considered where players would be coming from. I would be amazed if another FT club didn’t have the paperwork in place.

I think it's closer to a couple of grand. Did rennie say when he tried to actually sign these overseas players? Was it part way through the window or was it left to the 28th of February?

55 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Rennie said at the AGM that Jacobs was carrying an injury last week. 

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

All week I told myself I wasnt paying for the stream. But having just watched my youngest winning for one of the foundation teams I've crumpled like a cheap tent for my afternoon football fix 😂