The Falkirk FC Thread

There are added costs to Hybrid model (loss of pitch income for us two nights per week) plus when you have 12/13 under contract next season who will no doubt have hours of work written into their contracts, like most employees have, it won’t be easy to change. 

It also wouldn't be straightforward to change back to a 100% full time club once we go down the hybrid or part time route.  

There are examples of PT players who are better than FT players and no doubt Rennie is correct that some part time players take home more football wages than some full timers but these are exceptions rather than the rule.  

By and large full time teams occupy the top two leagues in Scotland and part time teams the bottom two for a reason.  Its easier all round to have a consistent model rather than flex and more often than not, full time clubs will benefit from better players, team spirit, training drills etc.   If this wasn't the case then many more players in the top two leagues would decide to take a 2nd job and play/keep fit on a part time basis.  

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

And, as said previously, a clear majority of recent winners of this league have been full time.

Just because we have royally fucked it for a decade plus, and are possibly one of the worst full time teams in the world, doesn't mean it is being full time that is to blame. 

6 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

And, as said previously, a clear majority of recent winners of this league have been full time.

Just because we have royally fucked it for a decade plus, and are possibly one of the worst full time teams in the world, doesn't mean it is being full time that is to blame. 

Arbroath part time, Raith hybrid, partick full time and looks like cove part time. Where's the clear majority?

7 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Arbroath part time, Raith hybrid, partick full time and looks like cove part time. Where's the clear majority?

Raith hybrid is a stretch isn't it? Fairly certain almost all of their players who won the league were full time. 

Partick

Raith

Arbroath

Ayr

Livingston

Dunfermline

Morton

Rangers

QOS

Cowdenbeath

I make that 8 out of 10.......clear majority? 

30 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Hold it, I'm not having that! There's a team in Mongolia...

16 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Raith hybrid is a stretch isn't it? Fairly certain almost all of their players who won the league were full time. 

Partick

Raith

Arbroath

Ayr

Livingston

Dunfermline

Morton

Rangers

QOS

Cowdenbeath

I make that 8 out of 10.......clear majority? 

We've just spent the last 3 pages talking about Raith having been a hybrid model and now you're saying they're not.

You also said recently which to me is 2 or 3 years not 9 or 10 . If cove, Airdrie or Montrose  win the league and it looks like it that will be one fully full time team in  the last 4 years .

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

We've just spent the last 3 pages talking about Raith having been a hybrid model and now you're saying they're not.

You also said recently which to me is 2 or 3 years not 9 or 10 . If cove, Airdrie or Montrose  win the league and it looks like it that will be one fully full time team in  the last 4 years .

Fair enough for Raith, really thought almost all of their starting 11 / immediate bench were full time.

7 of the last 10 winners full time then. Still a clear majority. The point I'm making still valid - no full proof way of winning this division, be it full time or part time.

Guest Caractacus Potts
41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Have we not been about the only proper full time team in this league the past 3 seasons though? 

3 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Which players at Airdrie are part time just as a matter of interest. Is there many?

I’ve never seen it formally confirmed anywhere, but my best guess would be that it’s broken down as follows…

Full-time:
Jay Cantley
Callum Fordyce
Josh Kerr
Luke Lyons
Scott Walker
Dylan Easton
Rhys McCabe
Matty McDonald
Dean Ritchie 
Salim Kouder-Aissa
Gabby McGill
Callum Smith

Part-time:
Max Currie
Craig Watson
Scott Agnew
Adam Frizzell
Jordan Allan
Callum Gallagher
Pat Pyott

My understanding is that the PT guys join the FT guys for training sessions on the Tuesday and Thursday evening.

I’d definitely say it’s the way to go at this level and have seen a massive difference since we switched.

Bear in mind as well that we only adopted it in 2018/19 - so before Ian Murray joined and originally with more PT guys than FT. As I said before, even though I think it’d be a sensible move for Falkirk, it will take time - it’s getting the balance, getting the right players and to get all that, getting the right manager.

15 minutes ago, thediamonddude said:

I’ve never seen it formally confirmed anywhere, but my best guess would be that it’s broken down as follows…

Full-time:
Jay Cantley
Callum Fordyce
Josh Kerr
Luke Lyons
Scott Walker
Dylan Easton
Rhys McCabe
Matty McDonald
Dean Ritchie 
Salim Kouder-Aissa
Gabby McGill
Callum Smith

Part-time:
Max Currie
Craig Watson
Scott Agnew
Adam Frizzell
Jordan Allan
Callum Gallagher
Pat Pyott

My understanding is that the PT guys join the FT guys for training sessions on the Tuesday and Thursday evening.

I’d definitely say it’s the way to go at this level and have seen a massive difference since we switched.

Bear in mind as well that we only adopted it in 2018/19 - so before Ian Murray joined and originally with more PT guys than FT. As I said before, even though I think it’d be a sensible move for Falkirk, it will take time - it’s getting the balance, getting the right players and to get all that, getting the right manager.

I think Ritchie and Walker are PT, and Frizzell and Alan are FT. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Blame Me said:

Partick Thistle

Yeh and they won the league. We seem to be the exception to the rule was what I was meaning. 

20 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

Calling us a disgrace is a bit much when the person who questioned Dowds ability (Holt) was gone.

I like Campbell but he’s talking shite.

Is that a player hes hiding under his shirt? What a size of a gut. Heart attack waiting to happen right there.

1 hour ago, GoalForAirdrie said:

I think Ritchie and Walker are PT, and Frizzell and Alan are FT. 

Might well be the case mate - like I say, was a best guess, based on info I’ve accumulated over the years.

Would make sense if Frizz was FT/Walker was PT - assumed Ritchie stayed FT following his release from Hearts and was under the impression Allan had a good job out with football, meaning he’s PT but I may well be wrong! 

Think the general split is right though.

Guest Ecosse83

Don’t care if we sign players on a part time or full time basis as long as they are the right players. Need to get the right manager in first though to sign some players! 

6 minutes ago, thediamonddude said:

Might well be the case mate - like I say, was a best guess, based on info I’ve accumulated over the years.

Would make sense if Frizz was FT/Walker was PT - assumed Ritchie stayed FT following his release from Hearts and was under the impression Allan had a good job out with football, meaning he’s PT but I may well be wrong! 

Think the general split is right though.

I was just guessing too but I think you’re pretty much spot on. I’m sure Ritchie coaches with Hearts youth set up, same sort of structure that Dale Carrick had when he was with us. 

Guest Ecosse83

That em Rennie em interview is em terrible. These things don’t usually bother me but someone needs to tell the guy doing the interview he needs to stop the em between every word!