The Falkirk FC Thread

43 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

I agree that season tickets might well be just as high but having as others have pointed out there has been mitigating circumstances that may have helped that, particularly the novelty of fans being allowed back in grounds. 

With a general apathy setting around the club can we really afford to test that resolve by sticking with Rennie?

Someone touched on this earlier, and there’s no doubt after the horrid Covid and the restrictions it was an escape for many to get back to football.
Times have certainly changed, there’s at least two town centre pubs happy to put the games on now, and fans can now pay and watch from their home. The impact I suspect is not going to have any detrimental effect on the clubs finances, could be a positive for many clubs.

The real worry for me and it’s been since the turn of the year, there’s a considerable amount of fans that have simply not attended. You’d be a fool not to notice the increasing gaps across the two stands.

Many have given up and unless there’s positive changes, I suspect the drop in ST uptake will be far larger than some are predicting.

ST intake is one of the critical/main streams of revenue, I genuinely hope this is not taken for granted…..

Guest Ecosse83

Season tickets will fall a good bit if Rennie stays in charge. He just isn’t inspiring at all. 

I stopped my season ticket a few seasons ago but a few of my mates still have them and they feel the same way as me, probably still go to some games but PATG only

And is still used today . Do you think Dick Campbell is just all laptops and iPads these days. 

No, Dick is also a very successful businessman so I’m sure he’s well aware that everyone is different and needs a different style of leadership and motivation.

25 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Season tickets will fall a good bit if Rennie stays in charge. He just isn’t inspiring at all. 

I stopped my season ticket a few seasons ago but a few of my mates still have them and they feel the same way as me, probably still go to some games but PATG only

Got a feeling that Saturday could be a watershed, a good competent win will give MR breathing space, a defeat I suspect will a catalyst for change. Strangely it’s been a graveyard for the club before.

43 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Former Bolton and Ross County boss Owen Coyle is close to being named Queen's Parkmanager after winning the Indian Super League with Jamshedpur.

Noticed his managerial statistics with Falkirk were the best of his career - 63.6%  win rate, think you would be happy with that right now.

10 minutes ago, Old Diamond said:

Noticed his managerial statistics with Falkirk were the best of his career - 63.6%  win rate, think you would be happy with that right now.

Yes certainly would, had the pleasure of watching him in his final couple of seasons, one of the best forwards of that era. Great finisher and nice guy.

16 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Got a feeling that Saturday could be a watershed, a good competent win will give MR breathing space, a defeat I suspect will a catalyst for change. Strangely it’s been a graveyard for the club before.

a win kicks the can a bit further down the road to the inevitable.

43 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

No, Dick is also a very successful businessman so I’m sure he’s well aware that everyone is different and needs a different style of leadership and motivation.

Yes and you can see clearly that the Sargent Wilson style sheerin and bloody Rennie appear to employ isn't working with our lot. They need a manager that will put a rocket up them that's obvious to anyone FFS. Jesus wept you just want a manager that says please guys play a bit better if you don't mind.  The best managers praise when needed and give them high hell when they are not pulling their weight.  The managers that have won this league in recent years all do that . I certainly wouldn't like to be in a changing room with dick when he starts off.

Yes and you can see clearly that the Sargent Wilson style sheerin and bloody Rennie appear to employ isn't working with our lot. They need a manager that will put a rocket up them that's obvious to anyone FFS. Jesus wept you just want a manager that says please guys play a bit better if you don't mind.  The best managers praise when needed and give them high hell when they are not pulling their weight.  The managers that have won this league in recent years all do that . I certainly wouldn't like to be in a changing room with dick when he starts off.

Only obvious to you who lived in the 1990s. You have no idea what our lot need.

39 minutes ago, Springfield said:

To think that Dumbarton were our bogey club, and now the roles have reversed!

8 minutes ago, KiwiDB said:

Only obvious to you who lived in the 1990s. You have no idea what our lot need.

Ferguson still does talks at harvard on motivation but his methods are out of date you say. The right managers mix it for the right moments. What do you think the players need then? More of the old I wish I was better stuff and the players are a great bunch of lads they're brilliant in training which has got us mid table in league one and getting pumped by Airdrie . Take me back to the 90s tomorrow when we had a side playing electric football run by a manager who knew when to scream and shout at the players when necessary and not this dross we have to accept every sat.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

11 hours ago, Springfield said:

Ompreon gets a 88th minute gig tonight…..

Falkirk Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of Samuel Ompreon.

The 20-year-old striker, who came through the youth academies of Chelsea and Sheffield United, joins The Bairns on an initial one-year deal. Falkirk fought off approaches from various other Scottish clubs to secure the Englishman’s signature.

😄

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Ferguson still does talks at harvard on motivation but his methods are out of date you say. The right managers mix it for the right moments. What do you think the players need then? More of the old I wish I was better stuff and the players are a great bunch of lads they're brilliant in training which has got us mid table in league one and getting pumped by Airdrie 

Perhaps Rennie's biggest failure has been that motivational aspect considering his reputation was football coach and motivational speaker.

All the focus is on Rennie but what part is Miller playing in this? 

@Springfield asked my why I still backed Rennie and it's because I am advocating evolution rather than revolution. Do we need a more experienced first team coach perhaps.

4 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Perhaps Rennie's biggest failure has been that motivational aspect considering his reputation was football coach and motivational speaker.

All the focus is on Rennie but what part is Miller playing in this? 

@Springfield asked my why I still backed Rennie and it's because I am advocating evolution rather than revolution. Do we need a more experienced first team coach perhaps.

Was Rennie that chose miller.🤷