The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Shagger with respect, if the players are shitting themselves or petrified of playing 90 minutes against Airdrie, they can do one and get to Fck.
Fckn wimps and should be no where near the club. 

This, they get paid a full time wage to perform well for 90 minutes once a week. 

A professional footballer should not get sympathy for being scared or not motivated. They have a pampered lifestyle.

8 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, maybe. Players are people though and some will react differently to others to certain situations. Griffiths, for example, won't suffer from a lack of confidence I wouldn't think. A young laddie like Kabia however may be entirely different. Also, I'm not saying they were frightened of Airdrie (that comment being a bit disingenuous toward them though I feel) but that they're scared to make a mistake.

Disingenuous? read my earlier posts about Airdrie.

42 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Exactly. That says to me he's the wrong man for the job. We needed a motivator someone who will kick arses and not take any shite.  The fact they have no confidence is a sad endictment on he and miller's managerial ability. No real point in going to any games between now and may surely  if he hasn't got a clue how to get some belief into them.

Based on what I witnessed last night I think that Rennie would make a good Director of Football but I don’t think he has what it takes to dominate a dressing room and right now we really need an assertive manager.

5 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Based on what I witnessed last night I think that Rennie would make a good Director of Football but I don’t think he has what it takes to dominate a dressing room and right now we really need an assertive manager.

I'm still not convinced he has enough contacts in Scottish football for that role either mind you.  

2 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

From the few games I've seen of Kabia, he's got searing pace and looks a composed finisher with his feet. Not going to score many in the air.

Saying that I'd start Mitch and Rory ahead of him and Dowds. Clearly Rory isn't going to be around much longer. Both Jaze and Anton are good strikers for L1 and could do a job in the Championship. Both out of contract in a few games; interesting to see where they end up. Expect Livi and Arbroath. Undoubtedly better than Cove's 3rd choice strikers (not difficult).

Morrison should be a Championship player. With the right players around him and confidence he'd excel IMO. The last time he played against us his delivery wasn't great in all honesty. Given we're playing 3 CM's and 2 wing backs I'm not sure how we'd fit him in.

Nesbitt, out of contract soon, I wouldn't take. He's got some talent but is lightweight and doesn't really want to grind it out in CM. 

Airdrie, I'd take a few instantly. Easton, McCabe, Fordyce right off the bat.

Cove have a few Championship quality players but under no illusion that we need to strengthen in a few areas. 

Strikers are only as good as the team they play with. Dowds played for Arbroath, scored 5  in 6, got championship player of the month, came back to Falkirk scored a hartrick  in first game back and then performances  dropped as a result of the players he is playing with.

All about opinions, your 2 strikers doing well, think better teams than you are after Dowds. Time will tell who is right?

Edited by Its not only a game

1 hour ago, Andy Dufresne said:

That right there makes it clear his contract should not be renewed and i am afraid to say we look for yet another manager.

Guys can we get a grip. You need to refocus and start performing!

You need to beat Dumbarton, you should beat Dumbarton however bad you are..

We can close the gap again if you guys win. Hopefully Tonks is back as he will fight like hell for the Fifers from the East! 

16 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Guys can we get a grip. You need to refocus and start performing!

You need to beat Dumbarton, you should beat Dumbarton however bad you are..

We can close the gap again if you guys win. Hopefully Tonks is back as he will fight like hell for the Fifers from the East! 

Why the name 'Tonks' as a matter of interest?

26 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

Strikers are only as good as the team the play. Dowds played for Arbroath, scored 5  in 6, got championship player of the month, came back to Falkirk scored a hartrick  in first game back and then performances  dropped as a result of the players he is playing with.

All about opinions, your 2 strikers doing well, think better teams than you are after Dowds. Time will tell who is right?

I rate Dowds, decent striker who if gets supply will finish. Good in the air, can lead the line and hold the ball up. Clearly had a purple patch at Arbroath, especially the 6 game run you mentioned. Prior to his loan move I thought top of L1 was about his limit but seeing how he handled the Championship he could do a job there too.

Mid twenties now. His goal scoring record is ok but not outstanding. Interested to see where he goes next and how he progresses.

Mitch and Rory haven't played all that much in the Championship so not going to say they will set it alight IF we even make it. We've achieved nothing yet this season. Mitch I reckon can get goals at that level. Rory is getting on a bit but what a career. Could have played Championship level for years in his prime.

Screenshot_20220315-225951.jpg

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Irrespective of what changes occur, or not, over the next few months, the support could do worse than forget ST purchases and show their intent via PATG. 

Like the old days when STs were generally bought by a few in the main stand, the crowd figures will quickly become the barometer of success (or failure). 

With a huge ground capacity for the 3rd tier, its not like there won't be enough empty seats every fortnight. 

Are enough prepared to put performances on trial? If the club delivers, a greater number of PATG fans would actually produce higher income. 

39 minutes ago, Top of Meeks Road said:

Irrespective of what changes occur, or not, over the next few months, the support could do worse than forget ST purchases and show their intent via PATG. 

Like the old days when STs were generally bought by a few in the main stand, the crowd figures will quickly become the barometer of success (or failure). 

With a huge ground capacity for the 3rd tier, its not like there won't be enough empty seats every fortnight. 

Are enough prepared to put performances on trial? If the club delivers, a greater number of PATG fans would actually produce higher income. 

Doesn’t help with budgeting for the season though.

Exactly. That says to me he's the wrong man for the job. We needed a motivator someone who will kick arses and not take any shite.  The fact they have no confidence is a sad endictment on he and miller's managerial ability. No real point in going to any games between now and may surely  if he hasn't got a clue how to get some belief into them.

That sounds like a terrible way to try and motivate a team.

3 hours ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Obviously a very intelligent guy, but I have that same sense as you. I think he has a logical strategic kind of intellect, but perhaps not the characteristics of a charismatic leader. Restructuring the club might be his true calling.

7 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Given we are seeing soaring energy bills, an increased cost in our weekly shop, high rates of inflation that that will likely worsen by an even bigger hike in energy prices after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and crucially the fact we are pish on and off the field, anyone who thinks our season ticket sales won’t suffer next season is living in cloud cuckoo land.

Nobody has said the won’t suffer. IMO they never drop as far as people think they will. 

4 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Obviously a very intelligent guy, but I have that same sense as you. I think he has a logical strategic kind of intellect, but perhaps not the characteristics of a charismatic leader. Restructuring the club might be his true calling.

"Martin, you are an absolutely shite manager with no man management, motivational or tactical skills and the recent results and performances have been abysmal. So, I am afraid that you have left us with no choice. We're promoting you to Sporting Director".

That'll teach him.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

10 hours ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

From the few games I've seen of Kabia, he's got searing pace and looks a composed finisher with his feet. Not going to score many in the air.

Saying that I'd start Mitch and Rory ahead of him and Dowds. Clearly Rory isn't going to be around much longer. Both Jaze and Anton are good strikers for L1 and could do a job in the Championship. Both out of contract in a few games; interesting to see where they end up. Expect Livi and Arbroath. Undoubtedly better than Cove's 3rd choice strikers (not difficult).

Morrison should be a Championship player. With the right players around him and confidence he'd excel IMO. The last time he played against us his delivery wasn't great in all honesty. Given we're playing 3 CM's and 2 wing backs I'm not sure how we'd fit him in.

Nesbitt, out of contract soon, I wouldn't take. He's got some talent but is lightweight and doesn't really want to grind it out in CM. 

Airdrie, I'd take a few instantly. Easton, McCabe, Fordyce right off the bat.

Cove have a few Championship quality players but under no illusion that we need to strengthen in a few areas. 

Kabia is under contract for next season - and even if he were to leave we'd be due compensation for him as well. He'll be in and around our squad potentially as a Forrest replacement I'd imagine. Or at least he'll get the chance to be in preseason/Betfred Cup group stages if we're not in Europe.

Guest Caractacus Potts

I agree that season tickets might well be just as high but having as others have pointed out there has been mitigating circumstances that may have helped that, particularly the novelty of fans being allowed back in grounds. 

With a general apathy setting around the club can we really afford to test that resolve by sticking with Rennie?