The Falkirk FC Thread

13 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Transfermarkt have him down as May 31st 2022. Not the most reliable source admittedly. Definitely a player there and sure Livi will want to keep him for the foreseeable.

Scroll down a bit. 

7 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Do people think that there is a big shop selling players to fit every occasion that opens in the January sales? No there is not sadly. The market mostly consists of players not wanted by their current gang, free agents ( usually for a good reason) and young players who we know are hit or a miss. It can't be as easy as saying " we need a couple of strong midfielders " Oh look there's a couple over there. In you come son

Made this very same point (although probably a lot more sarcastically) countless times.

15 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:
22 hours ago, JulioBairn said:
The squad is worse than we thought. January is a difficult window. We nearly signed a midfielder but didn’t..
New dawn, same party line.

Getting the players in to make our midfield tick was the key. We brought in better defenders and the attack is improved but our weakest link is still our weakest link. Think the idea was to bring Liam Craig in to help. It did not happen so that money was diverted to LG

I’m sorry but our defence hasn’t improved in any way shape or form.

Our front line has but that’s pointless when Mutch and McKay are playing 1-2’s in our box before 1 of them inevitably kicks it out the park.

Our midfield is absolutely pathetic and I can’t believe all our eggs were in Liam Craig’s basket. 

Guys let’s just get real for a minute & whilst not ignoring the current financial climate the truth is simply this:

The majority of the fans on Saturday if polled would say no to Rennie & Miller continuing in post full stop 

if the new board ignore this then they need to face the consequences of significant drop in season ticket sales 

5 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Guys let’s just get real for a minute & whilst not ignoring the current financial climate the truth is simply this:

The majority of the fans on Saturday if polled would say no to Rennie & Miller continuing in post full stop 

if the new board ignore this then they need to face the consequences of significant drop in season ticket sales 

I'm planning on not renewing if Rennie is still in charge, which would be 4 less season tickets albeit one is an u12.. Will more than likely PATG but it will be my way of making a protest, just totally sick of the soul destroying football.

7 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I’m sorry but our defence hasn’t improved in any way shape or form.

Our front line has but that’s pointless when Mutch and McKay are playing 1-2’s in our box before 1 of them inevitably kicks it out the park.

Our midfield is absolutely pathetic and I can’t believe all our eggs were in Liam Craig’s basket. 

Mills and Watson are, without doubt, better than McKay and Hall. Unfortunately ATS isn't and Dixon has decided to turn to shit in the meantime. Big worry for me is that Rennie has managed to bring in apparently better players but isn't managing to turn them into a better team.

Having listened to him and Serafini last night Craig (if indeed it was him) was not the only player that they tied to sign. However, it does give us an idea of difficult the January window is when a club won't release a 35 year old because they, in turn, haven't managed to sign a replacement. 

9 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

That would be my choice as well if we can get Liam Craig in as his assistant all the better. The decisions regarding next season should be being made now.

Who the manager will be.

What they call the shots on.

Budget.

What out of contract players we try to retain.

What contracted players we  buy out of their contracts

Squad structure - full time - part time - hybrid.

So as a club come the end of season we hit the ground running to get so many wrongs put right for our last shot as a football club.

Because if we get this wrong this time its over and we should no kid ourselves otherwise.

I'm interested how we can become a part time club next season with so many players on full time contracts (plus your proposed new full time assistant). 

Surely paying them all off would negate most of the savings of going part time?  

4 minutes ago, champions said:

I'm planning on not renewing if Rennie is still in charge, which would be 4 less season tickets albeit one is an u12.. Will more than likely PATG but it will be my way of making a protest, just totally sick of the soul destroying football.

Tip of an iceberg for anyone connected with the club looking in.
Same circumstances and not sure if I will even consider PATG, unless we have significant changes as previously posted.

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Mills and Watson are, without doubt, better than McKay and Hall. Unfortunately ATS isn't and Dixon has decided to turn to shit in the meantime. Big worry for me is that Rennie has managed to bring in apparently better players but isn't managing to turn them into a better team.

Having listened to him and Serafini last night Craig (if indeed it was him) was not the only player that they tied to sign. However, it does give us an idea of difficult the January window is when a club won't release a 35 year old because they, in turn, haven't managed to sign a replacement. 

The most concerning thing for me last night was the admission that the team have zero confidence and that MR was unable to say how he could motivate them.

Mills ,Watson and jacobs are just the wrong type of player. We needed organisers and guys that will shout and motivate players both in midfield and defence not slightly better versions of what we already had.  ATS is simply dreadful and God knows what the desperation to get him in was all about. Will believe that our recruitment will improve when I finally see it. We've had one decent transfer window out of our last 7 or 8 which is why we are where we are now.

4 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

My statement remains true - our defence hasn’t improved in any way. We are uncomfortable in possession and gift goals on a weekly basis no matter who plays.

Almost signing a good midfielder doesn’t wash either I’m afraid. When do we stop swallowing the same excuses we’re being fed. Remember Gary Holt tried to sign loads of strikers and couldn’t. Ultimately we are still shit and the 2 weakest parts of our team haven’t  been improved.

7 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

The most concerning thing for me last night was the admission that the team have zero confidence and that MR was unable to say how he could motivate them.

Exactly. That says to me he's the wrong man for the job. We needed a motivator someone who will kick arses and not take any shite.  The fact they have no confidence is a sad endictment on he and miller's managerial ability. No real point in going to any games between now and may surely  if he hasn't got a clue how to get some belief into them.

Just now, Reggie Perrin said:

Aye, he's certainly struggling there. I think the players are shitting themselves in case they make a mistake (which invariably leads to them making a mistake). I could visibly see the trepidation in some of them on Saturday. McKay, Williamson and Kabia in particular looked petrified. It can't be easy to motivate in those circumstances but, as he said, he's got to try to find a way somehow.

I think that Saturday's game being away may help because the fans tend to be a bit more supportive, at least in the early part of the game.

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

That right there makes it clear his contract should not be renewed and i am afraid to say we look for yet another manager.

6 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

My statement remains true - our defence hasn’t improved in any way. We are uncomfortable in possession and gift goals on a weekly basis no matter who plays.

Almost signing a good midfielder doesn’t wash either I’m afraid. When do we stop swallowing the same excuses we’re being fed. Remember Gary Holt tried to sign loads of strikers and couldn’t. Ultimately we are still shit and the 2 weakest parts of our team haven’t  been improved.

Aye, I'm not disagreeing with you. As I say, Mills and Watson are better players but he's not managed to improve the defence with them.

7 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, he's certainly struggling there. I think the players are shitting themselves in case they make a mistake (which invariably leads to them making a mistake). I could visibly see the trepidation in some of them on Saturday. McKay, Williamson and Kabia in particular looked petrified. It can't be easy to motivate in those circumstances but, as he said, he's got to try to find a way somehow.

I think that Saturday's game being away may help because the fans tend to be a bit more supportive, at least in the early part of the game.

Shagger with respect, if the players are shitting themselves or petrified of playing 90 minutes against Airdrie, they can do one and get to Fck.
Fckn wimps and should be no where near the club. 

3 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Shagger with respect, if the players are shitting themselves or petrified of playing 90 minutes against Airdrie, they can do one and get to Fck.
Fckn wimps and should be no where near the club. 

Aye, maybe. Players are people though and some will react differently to others to certain situations. Griffiths, for example, won't suffer from a lack of confidence I wouldn't think. A young laddie like Kabia however may be entirely different. Also, I'm not saying they were frightened of Airdrie (that comment being a bit disingenuous toward them though I feel) but that they're scared to make a mistake.