The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

You were doing well until you mentioned Nesbitt. 

He'd make the bench okay, in these days of expanded benches to accommodate the 5 subs. Not to say he'd get on the park. Maybe if we were coasting a game with a nice three goal margin or something like that...

18 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Could they, aye? 

Dowds, maybe. Kabia, Morrison and Nesbitt would make our bench, I suppose, but I'd not have swapped you a single member of your XI for ours on Saturday. Not a one. Granted, a bit of coaching and man-management from someone who knows the first thing about how to do that would likely get an improved performance from your players, but they simply aren't that good. Certainly not as good as Airdrie's. 

I doubt any of your players trouble the Cove XI, either. Maybe Montrose and QP.

Dowds, Kabia, Williamson was the best RB in the league last year for the team that won it, MCcann was your player of the year before he left, Paul Watson is fine and would probably get a game for anyone but Cove and yourselves, Nesbitt was ridiculous for 2 months before either losing confidence or coached into being sh1te, Griffiths speaks for himself. 

We are not getting the best out of them. 

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Most observers, including the last Board, thought that would have happened last summer. it didn’t. It will fall of that I don’t doubt but not to the extent we expect IMO. Did you go last night ? 

What do you think our season tickets would've been like this season if we'd kept m and m on and started the next season with them again?

2 minutes ago, bairn88 said:

Dowds, Kabia, Williamson was the best RB in the league last year for the team that won it, MCcann was your player of the year before he left, Paul Watson is fine and would probably get a game for anyone but Cove and yourselves, Nesbitt was ridiculous for 2 months before either losing confidence or coached into being sh1te, Griffiths speaks for himself. 

We are not getting the best out of them. 

Brody Patterson already looks better than McCann and falkirk have fair ruined the poor Leon, who is a shadow of his former self. He also wasn't player of the year, as it happens. Callum Fordyce was. Leon got the young player award. 

I'd not have Nesbitt ahead of any of the Airdrie attacking midfield and you're right, Griffiths does speak for himself; he's not interested, not fit and not effective. Barely got a sniff on Saturday albeit he did take his goal okay... once the game was totally done. 

You're not getting the best out of them, granted, but they also aren't actually that good. It can be both. Indeed, it is. 

21 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

I'd not have Nesbitt ahead of any of the Airdrie attacking midfield and you're right, Griffiths does speak for himself; he's not interested, not fit and not effective. Barely got a sniff on Saturday albeit he did take his goal okay... once the game was totally done. 

The sand is beating that sand dancer 😋

How he started and wasn't our first sub on Saturday had Stevie Wonder scratching his head.

54 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

What do you think our season tickets would've been like this season if we'd kept m and m on and started the next season with them again?

Probably a couple of thousand who knows 

6 hours ago, MrDust said:

Far far too generous in those ratings 😃😃😃

Kabia easily the pick but his form has fell off a cliff after bringing in the corner taker.

The rest, I'd say ATS and Jacobs have had zero effect in a positive way and the rest have but not all plain sailing

We still have the same key issues as before the transfer window- a terrible defence and a midfield posted missing.

That’s despite signing 3 centre halves and a defensive midfielder. How anyone can say Rennie’s signings have been a success I don’t know.

8 minutes ago, GooseLips said:

I’m sure there was a Falkirk fan on here posting that the signing of the racist striker would add hundreds onto the Falkirk gate. Hopefully that will offset a slight decrease in season ticket sales. 

Next time your lot go into administration remember and not ask for a handout from Falkirk.  

3 hours ago, Death warmed up said:

The world has moved on. Clubs are now getting money from away fans who otherwise would not attend. Home fans who stream have paid already. 

Home fans (and local bar owners) can buy a home game too for £13 which could be watched by a group in the house or pub. I’d wager the handful of away fans in L1 who stream rather than travel doesn’t compensate for a few hundred home fans watching from the house/pub with a pint.

ST holders watching from home does nothing for the team (not that a crowd helps our current shower). 

1 hour ago, GooseLips said:

I’m sure there was a Falkirk fan on here posting that the signing of the racist striker would add hundreds onto the Falkirk gate. Hopefully that will offset a slight decrease in season ticket sales. 

It definitely put hundreds on the Alloa gate, probably quadrupled or more our support that was heading to Alloa that night

3 hours ago, AndyDD said:

Could they, aye? 

Dowds, maybe. Kabia, Morrison and Nesbitt would make our bench, I suppose, but I'd not have swapped you a single member of your XI for ours on Saturday. Not a one. Granted, a bit of coaching and man-management from someone who knows the first thing about how to do that would likely get an improved performance from your players, but they simply aren't that good. Certainly not as good as Airdrie's. 

I doubt any of your players trouble the Cove XI, either. Maybe Montrose and QP.

From the few games I've seen of Kabia, he's got searing pace and looks a composed finisher with his feet. Not going to score many in the air.

Saying that I'd start Mitch and Rory ahead of him and Dowds. Clearly Rory isn't going to be around much longer. Both Jaze and Anton are good strikers for L1 and could do a job in the Championship. Both out of contract in a few games; interesting to see where they end up. Expect Livi and Arbroath. Undoubtedly better than Cove's 3rd choice strikers (not difficult).

Morrison should be a Championship player. With the right players around him and confidence he'd excel IMO. The last time he played against us his delivery wasn't great in all honesty. Given we're playing 3 CM's and 2 wing backs I'm not sure how we'd fit him in.

Nesbitt, out of contract soon, I wouldn't take. He's got some talent but is lightweight and doesn't really want to grind it out in CM. 

Airdrie, I'd take a few instantly. Easton, McCabe, Fordyce right off the bat.

Cove have a few Championship quality players but under no illusion that we need to strengthen in a few areas. 

The squad is worse than we thought. January is a difficult window. We nearly signed a midfielder but didn’t..
New dawn, same party line.

Getting the players in to make our midfield tick was the key. We brought in better defenders and the attack is improved but our weakest link is still our weakest link. Think the idea was to bring Liam Craig in to help. It did not happen so that money was diverted to LG

19 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

From the few games I've seen of Kabia, he's got searing pace and looks a composed finisher with his feet. Not going to score many in the air.

Saying that I'd start Mitch and Rory ahead of him and Dowds. Clearly Rory isn't going to be around much longer. Both Jaze and Anton are good strikers for L1 and could do a job in the Championship. Both out of contract in a few games; interesting to see where they end up. Expect Livi and Arbroath. Undoubtedly better than Cove's 3rd choice strikers (not difficult).

Morrison should be a Championship player. With the right players around him and confidence he'd excel IMO. The last time he played against us his delivery wasn't great in all honesty. Given we're playing 3 CM's and 2 wing backs I'm not sure how we'd fit him in.

Nesbitt, out of contract soon, I wouldn't take. He's got some talent but is lightweight and doesn't really want to grind it out in CM. 

Airdrie, I'd take a few instantly. Easton, McCabe, Fordyce right off the bat.

Cove have a few Championship quality players but under no illusion that we need to strengthen in a few areas. 

Jaze is contracted to Livi for another season mate.

Edit to say that he was excellent when he came in, was a real threat, but he took a battering against Peterhead and missed the next game. Don't know if he's maybe still carrying an injury but he's looked a shadow of the player he was, even seems to have lost his pace. Hopefully a short-term situation.

Edited by ShaggerG

3 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

Jaze is contracted to Livi for another season mate.

Transfermarkt have him down as May 31st 2022. Not the most reliable source admittedly. Definitely a player there and sure Livi will want to keep him for the foreseeable.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Do people think that there is a big shop selling players to fit every occasion that opens in the January sales? No there is not sadly. The market mostly consists of players not wanted by their current gang, free agents ( usually for a good reason) and young players who we know are hit or a miss. It can't be as easy as saying " we need a couple of strong midfielders " Oh look there's a couple over there. In you come son

Given we are seeing soaring energy bills, an increased cost in our weekly shop, high rates of inflation that that will likely worsen by an even bigger hike in energy prices after Russia’s invasion of Ukraine and crucially the fact we are pish on and off the field, anyone who thinks our season ticket sales won’t suffer next season is living in cloud cuckoo land.