The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

The last two seasons though there has at least been some hope for fans. Two summers ago we had just missed out on promotion by a point and there was a feeling of injustice around the club regarding the way things panned out for us against Raith.  Last season we had a new manager for fans to be positive about and as I said the appearance of the Rawlins. If we keep Rennie and unless there is a massive turn around results and performances stay as dreadful as they are currently then what's making these fans but season tickets at a time when money is tighter than ever due to fuel and energy bills etc.  Yes there are the diehards and the people who will buy no matter what but without anything to cling to the season ticket levels will plummet. I'm not sure many folk are going to be convinced by the we need your money to stay full time letters this time around if a manager whose clearly the wrong fit for our current predicament is kept on for next season.

I am agreeing they will be down FFS but not as far as you think IMO. 

1 hour ago, Caractacus Potts said:

You had a go at me for having previously stated I would have kept Sheerin on till his job became untenable, in my opinion. You then defended Rennie asking to compare his record vs Sheerin which was only marginally better and is now worse.

If you were so adamant about Sheerin leaving weeks before his departure I’m just interested to know why you are now not wanting to state whether you believe Rennie should stay? 

Not made my mind up. Will see what transpires both on and off the pitch in the next few weeks. 

What doesn’t help “actual” attendances this season is the fact you can watch from the house/pub still. Hopefully that’s done with for next season & the only way to watch is at the stadium unless by exception. 

I would guess, assuming we are still in L1, ST sales will be down on this year BUT should a winning side be on the park, crowds will come back again, as they always do. 

The last season at Brockville, ST sales initially weren’t great due to the previous “relegation/non relegation” but as soon as a decent squad was built the crowds came back. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Not made my mind up. Will see what transpires both on and off the pitch in the next few weeks. 

Well that’s fine and not going to have a go at you with faux outrage for being in a similar position with regards to Sheerin at this stage. 

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I am agreeing they will be down FFS but not as far as you think IMO. 

If I was a betting man, and if no significant changes to the playing staff, STs will fall off a cliff. 

9 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

What doesn’t help “actual” attendances this season is the fact you can watch from the house/pub still. Hopefully that’s done with for next season & the only way to watch is at the stadium unless by exception. 

I would guess, assuming we are still in L1, ST sales will be down on this year BUT should a winning side be on the park, crowds will come back again, as they always do. 

The last season at Brockville, ST sales initially weren’t great due to the previous “relegation/non relegation” but as soon as a decent squad was built the crowds came back. 

It’s not very difficult, bring in a manager that knows with experience what the simple requirements are in building a team that can get promotion. 
For two/three years we’ve assembled and used a turnover of around sixty odd players. 
What’s never been addressed is glaringly staring us in the eyes - a spine of a team starting with a decent GK, a decent back line with two strong CHs, a midfield with two box to box / wide players and decent CFs.

We continue to sign in abundance nearly (shite) players which has been our downfall, throw in project managers and you can see how we’ve failed.

Edited by Springfield

23 minutes ago, Springfield said:

If I was a betting man, and if no significant changes to the playing staff, STs will fall off a cliff. 

It’s not very difficult, bring in a manager that knows with experience what the simple requirements are in building a team that can get promotion. 
For two/three years we’ve assembled and used a turnover of around sixty odd players. 
What’s never been addressed is glaringly staring us in the eyes - a spine of a team starting with a decent GK, a decent back line with two strong CHs, a midfield with two box to box / wide players and decent CFs.

We continue to sign in abundance nearly (shite) players which has been our downfall, throw in project managers and you can see how we’ve failed.

Most observers, including the last Board, thought that would have happened last summer. it didn’t. It will fall of that I don’t doubt but not to the extent we expect IMO. Did you go last night ? 

12 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Most observers, including the last Board, thought that would have happened last summer. it didn’t. It will fall of that I don’t doubt but not to the extent we expect IMO. Did you go last night ? 

Unfortunately didn’t make it but a friend stepped in last minute.

Guest TedCrilly

I’m baffled Martin Rennie’s position is even up for debate.

In every measurable way possible he’s been a catastrophic failure in the hot seat. Let’s not pretend he’s been given mission impossible here either. His objective was quite simply to catch up with QP with over half a season to play. During this time the board have been fantastic with him budget wise and allowed him to sign 6 of his own players, one of which is likely to be one of our highest ever earners. Since then he has actually drifted further from QP who during this time have been equally abysmal. 

On top of the above his style of play is possibly the worst I’ve seen in my time watching Falkirk. Very much kick and run playing on percentages in the final third. 

Apart from being an ex ball boy, Rennie has absolutely no redeeming features or attributes. I’ve literally seen nothing in any aspect of his role that would make me think he could turn this around in the summer.  

Edited by TedCrilly

Guest Ecosse83

Better managers would have got more from the group they inherited then adding 6 of their own signings. The teams above us could pick quite a few of our players that would be an improvement on what they have, the difference is they play a style that suits and are actually a team, something which should have been possible with us after signings 6 players. 

We’ve actually got worse under Rennie, if he’s here next season then I’m offski! 

At the end of the day the BOD will have visibly noticed a considerable amount of supporters who haven’t attended the past few home games.

Cant really remember any game when a considerable amount of fans emptied at the second goal, with many more when Airdrie scored their third. 
These supporters include parent/kids young and old. Faces that go week in week out, I myself left at the third goal. 
There was almost an acceptance that “oh we got absolutely fcked again”

No shouting no arguments and an overwhelming feeling that we have just witnessed how absolutely shite we take for normal.

Watch MR interview and honestly tell me if he was watching the same game.

If the BOD plans are to keep with MR after May, I like many will have grave concerns for the club, and the people who are running the club.

For me we’ve skirted a Pedo thankfully it never materialised, we’ve payed an ex international a fortune to sign, when the team was crying out for added strength in defence and midfield.

Risks are always going to play a part in football, we always seem to take the wrong ones.

I'd like the club to start publishing the actual attendances for home games as we are a kidding ourselves on with the narrative that we are still pulling in 3500 each week. An educated guess would have you in the area of 2500-2900 since Christmas. I know it is based on every ST holder attending however I know about 8 ST holders - 3 of which were there on Saturday. 

It's painting a picture that crowds are holding up when they are on a downwards trajectory.

50 minutes ago, Springfield said:

At the end of the day the BOD will have visibly noticed a considerable amount of supporters who haven’t attended the past few home games.

Cant really remember any game when a considerable amount of fans emptied at the second goal, with many more when Airdrie scored their third. 
These supporters include parent/kids young and old. Faces that go week in week out, I myself left at the third goal. 
There was almost an acceptance that “oh we got absolutely fcked again”

No shouting no arguments and an overwhelming feeling that we have just witnessed how absolutely shite we take for normal.

Watch MR interview and honestly tell me if he was watching the same game.

If the BOD plans are to keep with MR after May, I like many will have grave concerns for the club, and the people who are running the club.

For me we’ve skirted a Pedo thankfully it never materialised, we’ve payed an ex international a fortune to sign, when the team was crying out for added strength in defence and midfield.

Risks are always going to play a part in football, we always seem to take the wrong ones.

It's not turned yet but the atmosphere on Saturday is edging towards calling for Rennies departure - the usual chants didn't feel very far away. 

I was all for binning Rennie but have cooled on that and I'd give him a proper pre-season and stability behind the scenes and see what transpires.

Hopefully the new BOD and working groups have got a handle and oversight on many of the issues at the club to avoid the farce of Holt being repeated. 

~6mths in post and 1 player identified is shocking. However, how he was able to is equally shocking but not unsurprising.

1 minute ago, Blame Me said:

I was all for binning Rennie but have cooled on that and I'd give him a proper pre-season and stability behind the scenes and see what transpires.

Why?

I have absolutely nothing against the guy, he (like Sheerin) comes across as a decent guy. But absolutely nothing that any of us have seen so far suggests that he is cut out for the job. It's not like we're getting poor results but our performances have increased. We're getting worse.

3 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

The world has moved on. Clubs are now getting money from away fans who otherwise would not attend. Home fans who stream have paid already. 

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

On paper you make it sound so easy. The reality is 50% of clubs in this league have changed manager and 60% in the championship, Ayr have changed twice too.

It's looking likely that McInnes or Campbell and Hartley will win both respective leagues, so perhaps a bit of Scottish experience is the way forward.

We have went round all the different types of manager and we are fuked

Edited by MrDust

1 hour ago, Ecosse83 said:

Better managers would have got more from the group they inherited then adding 6 of their own signings. The teams above us could pick quite a few of our players that would be an improvement on what they have, the difference is they play a style that suits and are actually a team, something which should have been possible with us after signings 6 players. 

We’ve actually got worse under Rennie, if he’s here next season then I’m offski! 

Could they, aye? 

Dowds, maybe. Kabia, Morrison and Nesbitt would make our bench, I suppose, but I'd not have swapped you a single member of your XI for ours on Saturday. Not a one. Granted, a bit of coaching and man-management from someone who knows the first thing about how to do that would likely get an improved performance from your players, but they simply aren't that good. Certainly not as good as Airdrie's. 

I doubt any of your players trouble the Cove XI, either. Maybe Montrose and QP.

13 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Could they, aye? 

Dowds, maybe. Kabia, Morrison and Nesbitt would make our bench, I suppose, but I'd not have swapped you a single member of your XI for ours on Saturday. Not a one. Granted, a bit of coaching and man-management from someone who knows the first thing about how to do that would likely get an improved performance from your players, but they simply aren't that good. Certainly not as good as Airdrie's. 

From where I was viewing think you’ve completely nailed it. I actually thought you didn’t need a third/fourth gear against us. 

Edited by Springfield

4 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Could they, aye? 

You were doing well until you mentioned Nesbitt. 

29 minutes ago, Death warmed up said:

The world has moved on. Clubs are now getting money from away fans who otherwise would not attend. Home fans who stream have paid already. 

They’re also getting money from folk like me, who can’t travel to every home game.