The Falkirk FC Thread

33 minutes ago, ShaggerG said:

I’d play Wilson on Saturday just to see if he is any good as a wing/full back. Can’t be as big a shitebag as Williamson and we’ve nothing to lose anyway.

I agree.  I don't doubt he's shit but Wilson is possibly the worst treated player we've had in years given the flack he gets v minutes he's actually had on the pitch.  

15 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Let’s talk straight here, I like the majority of supporters in Saturdays crowd, left the stadium after witnessing one of the worst performances since supporting the club.

The football was appalling, no effort, no desire, no ownership, no pride, not a care in the world.

Weve been served up this shite for nearly three years and if the BOD honestly want to change the club, we need to empty the incumbents who are robbing the club. 

Failure to do so will inevitably lead to years in the lower divisions of Scottish Football. 

As many have posted, we’ve simply had it. Legions of loyal supporters who have continued to back the club may not keep this going.

This is the crossroads. Keep with what’s here and expect the biggest loss of support which the club has continued to receive, through the last couple of years of utter shite.

Who are the incumbents who are robbing the club?  

I still hold out some hope that the 2 & 3 year contracts have exit clauses for lack of game time or not going up etc.  

At the very least we should be sitting down with most of those on 2/3 year deals and explaining that they have the choice to stick around and never play or be released and try to secure a future elsewhere.  

Paying off players should be the last resort.  

Guest Ecosse83
10 hours ago, Hank von Hell said:

By punt you must mean pay off the remainder of their contracts.

That's a lot of cash for us to lay out for nothing, where's that coming from?  

Calm down it’s a football forum for crying out loud 😂

37 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I still hold out some hope that the 2 & 3 year contracts have exit clauses for lack of game time or not going up etc.  

At the very least we should be sitting down with most of those on 2/3 year deals and explaining that they have the choice to stick around and never play or be released and try to secure a future elsewhere.  

These people are human being and deserve to be treated with respect by their employer. 

How the club treats them will effect the decision of players we are hoping to attract.

45 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I made reference to this on a number of posts, and agree that paying these players would be at the very bottom. Still think many of these contracts would have been based on promotion.

9 hours ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I'm pretty sure it will be last resort but the biggest problem will be McKay with 2 years left on money I reckon he won't get at his next club if there is one.

The ones with one year will still want £s to go unless they are moving upwards for more £s see Alston.

Ideally I'd be happy to see McKay and Hetherington gone, the fact we are seeing them getting game time still is a shambles for me.

Edited by MrDust

53 minutes ago, Springfield said:

I made reference to this on a number of posts, and agree that paying these players would be at the very bottom. Still think many of these contracts would have been based on promotion.

I do not think there are any penalty clauses for not being promoted. I believe there are penalty clauses for relegation, so for the three possible outcomes promotion/stay in league 1/relegation, only the latter will negatively impact on players.

5 hours ago, Just a bairn said:

The email said Tuesday the 14th so that may have been the confusing part 

Yep tonight at BTW. The email was my mistake (though as mistakes go, not up there with giving Ben Hall a contract)  so apologies for that. (email, not Hall) 

It was 100% right that Sheerin and Holt got the boot. I also thought the transfer business in the summer looked good at the time as it seemed to address the key issues we were having. 

I have defended Rennie on here saying he needs time. But ultimately, it just isn't working. We didn't get a new manager bounce, really. And we are playing for draws and defeats and being thankful that there are a few teams worse than us, somehow, in this division. 

I am at a loss. Genuinely do not know where a rebuild begins. Another new manager? Maybe. Clearout of players? Maybe. But isn't that what we've been doing for years with no success? 

I don't think I have ever been as pessimistic as a fan of this club as I am now. We are in the middle of the third tier and deserve nothing more right now. 

The new board need time to make their mark. The old board thankfully are away. But where do we go from here?

4 minutes ago, scottsdad said:

It was 100% right that Sheerin and Holt got the boot. I also thought the transfer business in the summer looked good at the time as it seemed to address the key issues we were having. 

I have defended Rennie on here saying he needs time. But ultimately, it just isn't working. We didn't get a new manager bounce, really. And we are playing for draws and defeats and being thankful that there are a few teams worse than us, somehow, in this division. 

I am at a loss. Genuinely do not know where a rebuild begins. Another new manager? Maybe. Clearout of players? Maybe. But isn't that what we've been doing for years with no success? 

I don't think I have ever been as pessimistic as a fan of this club as I am now. We are in the middle of the third tier and deserve nothing more right now. 

The new board need time to make their mark. The old board thankfully are away. But where do we go from here?

Depends on our risk strategy

Don’t envy new board’s position but hey they are the current custodians so the buck has to stay with them 

My personal opinion for what’s worth is we attract an experienced manager & give him the financial tools to go for it next season as that at least would be a sign of positive intent that I believe the majority of fanbase would endorse & invest in 

19 minutes ago, Kircer bairn said:

Depends on our risk strategy

Don’t envy new board’s position but hey they are the current custodians so the buck has to stay with them 

My personal opinion for what’s worth is we attract an experienced manager & give him the financial tools to go for it next season as that at least would be a sign of positive intent that I believe the majority of fanbase would endorse & invest in 

I think it’s their only choice, as I see it we will get one last attempt or face a significant period in the lower leagues.

Edited by Springfield

A genuine question with absolutely no malice; at the time, did anyone actually think Sheerin was good appointment? From the start I was totally, totally uninspired and suspected Holt had had a hand in appointing someone who wouldn't cause him too much trouble. The fact he turned out to be an absolute diddy caused me no shock whatsoever.

4 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

A genuine question with absolutely no malice; at the time, did anyone actually think Sheerin was good appointment? From the start I was totally, totally uninspired and suspected Holt had had a hand in appointing someone who wouldn't cause him too much trouble. The fact he turned out to be an absolute diddy caused me no shock whatsoever.

Kind of where I was, but no-one wants to batter him before a ball was kicked. I think our shambolic Board knew after half a dozen games that they had backed a donkey.

I said it at the time that he was Deans and Holt’s scapegoat if things went south. The clues were there…….Holt getting Sheerin to say that he had the final say on recruitment (so Holt could say “he signed them, not me. I don’t get involved in that stuff”). Sheerin then purchasing Ross and bringing in Ruth were the alarm bells that he was still living in youth development land, and was unable to transition into first team management.

Interviewed by ICT (the job he really wanted), and never got a sniff, but good old FFC stepped in after the McCann/Rice screw ups.

19 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Thought there was a better chance of him being a good appointment than Rennie tbh. 

Had won a league with Arbroath and came with the promise of attacking football - you’ll win games 6-2, 5-2 etc. 

Considering Saturday was our last chance barring a miracle of staying in touch of the play offs the lack of fight was shocking if not surprising. I can take getting beat if we've put absolutely everything in but when you've players hiding and not taking responsibility it's not good enough. There's talent in our squad but we look like 11 individuals running around like a primary school team compared with Airdrie who look like an actual organised football team. To be honest I don't think any manager could make our squad a success and I really don't know where we go from here for next season.

Can't make it along tonight unfortunately so hope some of the other fss members will ask the tough questions that need to be asked. Will we be putting a man on the front post, are we scouting the juniors and do we train on grass for games on grass? Don't let them get away without answering fully and concisely.

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

I know a guy who played for him at Arbroath. He spoke extremely highly of him as a coach and a man manager so I was quite positive at first. Even more so up until the first QP game where we were extremely unlucky not to win, and the whole thing fell to pieces in a shockingly brief time.