The Falkirk FC Thread

Marsh is right tho……..no more players dropping down the leagues with dressing room tales of “when I was at Hibs/Hearts/Motherwell/Dundee/St Johnstone.

Players with a bit of appetite for the game.

20 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

You're right but im already get frustrated by it being the first thing that comes out with each board statement. Yes, whatever implications come from the last board have to be dealt with but it seems to be the first line of defence every time now and that won't wash for very long. As a club we need to work with the hand we're dealt and move on.

As far as the dross on the park is concerned, it doesn't really wash at all. That we appear to have done the unthinkable - replaced a clueless, totally unsuitable, out-of-his-depth numpty, with an even more clueless, more unsuitable, more out-of-his-depth numpty - lies squarely at the door of the current board. It has f**k-all to do with Gary Deans. Ditch the "everything is Deans/Holt/Sheerin's fault" spin, own the mistake, and try to rectify it. 

The comparison has already been made a few times, but Morton sacked McPherson the exact same weekend we emptied Sheerin. His replacement had no previous management experience, inherited an awful squad and only had the budget to bring in a couple of fresh faces, yet he has, by all accounts, effected a massive upturn in both performances and results. Rennie was given a very decent budget, signed six players, benefited from the return of an in-form Dowds, yet if anything, things have gotten even worse, which I barely thought possible. There certainly has been no improvement. No-one expected us to look like Guardiola-era Barcelona but I expected at least some sign of progress. Whatever the polar opposite of a managerial bounce is, we're experiencing it. Despite that, I still fear that they might try to brass this out, continue to blame Holt and Sheerin for everything, hope we can pick up a couple of wins against the likes of Dumbarton and Alloa, and give Rennie a free pass and clean slate to carry on next season. That would be a huge mistake. 

2 minutes ago, AGPar said:

As far as the dross on the park is concerned, it doesn't really wash at all. That we appear to have done the unthinkable - replaced a clueless, totally unsuitable, out-of-his-depth numpty, with an even more clueless, more unsuitable, more out-of-his-depth numpty - lies squarely at the door of the current board. It has f**k-all to do with Gary Deans. Ditch the "everything is Deans/Holt/Sheerin's fault" spin, own the mistake, and try to rectify it. 

The comparison has already been made a few times, but Morton sacked McPherson the exact same weekend we emptied Sheerin. His replacement had no previous management experience, inherited an awful squad and only had the budget to bring in a couple of fresh faces, yet he has, by all accounts, effected a massive upturn in both performances and results. Rennie was given a very decent budget, signed six players, benefited from the return of an in-form Dowds, yet if anything, things have gotten even worse, which I barely thought possible. There certainly has been no improvement. No-one expected us to look like Guardiola-era Barcelona but I expected at least some sign of progress. Whatever the polar opposite of a managerial bounce is, we're experiencing it. Despite that, I still fear that they might try to brass this out, continue to blame Holt and Sheerin for everything, hope we can pick up a couple of wins against the likes of Dumbarton and Alloa, and give Rennie a free pass and clean slate to carry on next season. That would be a huge mistake. 

Spot on.

Alhough there is no way Rennie will get the gig for next season now. Today was every bit as bad as the 6-0 at Queens Park and had the same feel to it - a manager getting everything wrong, players throwing the towel in and fans leaving in numbers.

There has been nothing to suggest he is the man to take us forward (despite what the email from the board said) and this failed experiment will be binned when his contract runs out. 

Unfortunately there is clearly something rotten with our club behind the scenes, these players are crap but they’re not that bad. No manager seems to work and no player seems to be able to play with us. I just don’t even know what to recommend. It’s actually tearful supporting Falkirk, it’s really not fair on our fans. 

Edited by MS RR

Im actually astonished we’ve won more games than Queens Park. Thats probably down to the fact they’re trying to set the record for most 1-1 in a season.
Look at those losses compared to everyone above us. What a truly pathetic season for these players.

I cant wait to launch abuse at every one of them when they visit in somecunt else's colours.

Guest Caractacus Potts
5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Absolutely dreadful. 

So do you think Rennie’s job is untenable  or should he remain here next season?

Guest TedCrilly
3 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

So do you think Rennie’s job is untenable  or should he remain here next season?

There’s absolutely no chance we can persevere with Rennie. He’s shown nothing whatsoever to suggest he’d be anything other than a failure next season.

Guest Caractacus Potts
2 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

There’s absolutely no chance we can persevere with Rennie. He’s shown nothing whatsoever to suggest he’d be anything other than a failure next season.

I agree. Was for keeping him but honestly don’t see the point just now. Haven’t seen anything from Rennie that makes me think he’s worth keeping a hold of. That result today just epitomises that. 

10 minutes ago, Rocco said:

The season ticket numbers are going to be very poor next season!

I said this a few weeks back but I'll say it again. This statement has been made every season/close season for the last 3 or 4 yet every single time, 2000+ rock up and pay their money for season tickets. For as long as those numbers remain constant, nothing will change. 

The cost of living will have an impact on folks ability to afford this but then the sob story emails will come out and the Facebook group will be "you're not a true fan if you don't buy a season ticket"

I don’t think Rennie has any interest in staying beyond the end of the season anyway.

Another reset with a new manager and new team for next season. The situation is just not sustainable and f**k knows what state we’ll be in without significant season ticket income over the summer.

We are in big trouble.

2 minutes ago, FK1Bairn said:

I said this a few weeks back but I'll say it again. This statement has been made every season/close season for the last 3 or 4 yet every single time, 2000+ rock up and pay their money for season tickets. For as long as those numbers remain constant, nothing will change. 

The cost of living will have an impact on folks ability to afford this but then the sob story emails will come out and the Facebook group will be "you're not a true fan if you don't buy a season ticket"

I agree to an extent but think this season will prove to be a watershed for a lot of supporters who have previously remained loyal and bought them. We’ll soon find out.

Guest Ecosse83

A positive from Rennies failure is he has only signed 1 player that is contracted for next season. He won’t be here next season but also hasn’t lumbered us with shite either! 

Edited by Ecosse83

We are truly at a watershed moment for the club. After this latest debacle, we are almost in last chance saloon. 

I have no idea how anyone in the board thought a wholly inexperienced left field appointment would be a realistic solution after Sheering was relieved of his duties. 

We will shortly be looking up at Cove Rangers in a division above while battling in the same tier as a Kelty Hearts club that I watched playing against Camelon Juniors not that long ago! 

Who would've thought that!

We absolutely must get the next appointment right or we will guarantee to lose at least 50% of our regular support. All this loyalty pish will count for nothing when the product becomes so continually stale that people just give up. 

This is the worst since 1978 and I'm yet to be convinced those in charge have any idea of how to arrest this potentially irrecoverable tail spin.