The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

It’s fine mate I’m not gona debate this all night. If you are happy with that decision the carry on. As I said, for me it was just the latest in a long line of pish from the manager. 

Never said I was happy just making the point it really wouldn’t have mattered who went on.

Mills in midfield went as well as we'd have expected. I'd never have even thought of it as a possibility if it hadn't been drip fed on here all week, like we've seen with similar changes in team selection over the last 3 months or so.  It's not the most important thing but it is incredibly tiresome to read every single week.

We had a midfielder on loan for half a season and he got sent back down the road barely used. We signed some big goon of a centre back from Hull on loan and he's used in midfield despite looking like he'd not played there in his life. 

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

How many times do we have to say we need experience? Not talking about specifically Rice but we need experience to win/get out this league. Why after Miller and McCracken, then Sheerin are we STILL going down the inexperienced route? We need a manager who can get every single ounce from his team. It’s sheer incompetence from the highest level. There is no Gary Deans to blame tonight. 

Sadly every crap decision by Deans (of which there are many) doesn’t disappear out the door along with him. It’s with us for years and years.

Just now, Bairnardo said:

Maybe.

I'm honestly thinking McIntyre, Yogi, AJ, Rice.... None of them make this much of a c**t of it.

None of them do.  If Dunfermline go down Yogi gets sacked and as much as I wouldn't have taken him back at any point in the last decade I'd take take him purely to get players showing a bit of desire because that means as much as ability at this level.

1 minute ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Sadly every crap decision by Deans (of which there are many) doesn’t disappear out the door along with him. It’s with us for years and years.

I hate that this seems to be accepted and almost used as an excuse. 2 or 3 years down the line whether are fortunes improve or get worse we'll still be saying this. 

10 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

None of them do.  If Dunfermline go down Yogi gets sacked and as much as I wouldn't have taken him back at any point in the last decade I'd take take him purely to get players showing a bit of desire because that means as much as ability at this level.

Like ha has at Dunfermline?

Grab him with both hands🥴

11 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

I hate that this seems to be accepted and almost used as an excuse. 2 or 3 years down the line whether are fortunes improve or get worse we'll still be saying this. 

It's started for next season already with the spin about having X amount of players under contract, "it's not a clean slate" etc etc.

The club has done a massive amount of performative nonsense over the last few years. I've always rolled my eyes at the posts on here from fans of other teams saying Falkirk fans have delusions of grandeur but it's true of those making decisions 100%. Recent months have been as bad as anything for that - "he managed in the MLS!!!", big name assistant manager and spending a bomb on Griffiths. Statement released from one of the three legs of the stool saying "who would have imagined Leigh Griffiths joining us" 😂😂😂

We need to do the basics properly and stop this showy nonsense of signing multiple players from the league above to try and prove some sort of point or posturing with managerial appointments. It's like when Rangers were in the lower leagues on a smaller scale.

It'll be the same when we appoint John McGlynn in the summer right enough.

19 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Deans appointed Holt. Holt appointed Sheerin. Between them they scattered two and three year contracts like confetti tying the club to honour those contracts in one way or the other. God knows what other commitment Deans and his pals signed up to. I guess the truth won’t really come out until the next AGM.

Just now, Duncan Freemason said:

Deans appointed Holt. Holt appointed Sheerin. Between them they scattered two and three year contracts like confetti tying the club to honour those contracts in one way or the other. God knows what other commitment Deans and his pals signed up to. I guess the truth won’t really come out until the next AGM.

Rennie has signed 6 players (including Griffiths on a fortune) and got Dowds back after he was rehabbed by Dick Campbell. He also chose to put McKay on the park, Mills in midfield and his only midfield signing Jacobs on the bench.

4 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

It's started for next season already with the spin about having X amount of players under contract, "it's not a clean slate" etc etc.

The club has done a massive amount of performative nonsense over the last few years. I've always rolled my eyes at the posts on here from fans of other teams saying Falkirk fans have delusions of grandeur but it's true of those making decisions 100%. Recent months have been as bad as anything for that - "he managed in the MLS!!!", big name assistant manager and spending a bomb on Griffiths. Statement released from one of the three legs of the stool saying "who would have imagined Leigh Griffiths joining us" 😂😂😂

We need to do the basics properly and stop this showy nonsense of signing multiple players from the league above to try and prove some sort of point or posturing with managerial appointments. It's like when Rangers were in the lower leagues on a smaller scale.

It'll be the same when we appoint John McGlynn in the summer right enough.

Hard to argue with any of that. Signing players from a league above is a much repeated phrase that sadly means “signing players jettisoned by clubs in the league above because they aren’t good enough or have injuries and who are now trying to find their true level (which might be L1, L2 or lower, but definitely not the Championship.)

2 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

You're right but im already get frustrated by it being the first thing that comes out with each board statement. Yes, whatever implications come from the last board have to be dealt with but it seems to be the first line of defence every time now and that won't wash for very long. As a club we need to work with the hand we're dealt and move on.

3 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Hard to argue with any of that. Signing players from a league above is a much repeated phrase that sadly means “signing players jettisoned by clubs in the league above because they aren’t good enough or have injuries and who are now trying to find their true level (which might be L1, L2 or lower, but definitely not the Championship.)

It's also a statement along the lines of "look we're really bigger than Morton/Queen of the South", even if it's pish like Scott Mercer or Aidan Nesbitt.

3 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Rennie has signed 6 players (including Griffiths on a fortune) and got Dowds back after he was rehabbed by Dick Campbell. He also chose to put McKay on the park, Mills in midfield and his only midfield signing Jacobs on the bench.

His post match……..now that is really brass necking it in a way Sheerin simply couldn’t. By this point Sheerin was “maybe we can’t get any better” whereas MR is talking about the last game of the season as being a play off match. Wow.

1 minute ago, Marshmallo said:

It's also a statement along the lines of "look we're really bigger than Morton/Queen of the South", even if it's pish like Scott Mercer or Aidan Nesbitt.

Agree. Never mind the quality, feel the width.