The Falkirk FC Thread

20 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I hope that individual is open enough to say 'sorry, this disaster is on me'.

I interview 10s of people a year. Competency based answers, showing in depth knowledge of your subject matter, highly qualified within your job role and demonstrable plans for the next 3 months, 6 months and a year.

Hope I'm not misquoting you (and I believe you) but this sounds very much like a few people round a table going 'ehhh, whit about Ricey?'

Who interviewed both candidates? Were both candidates interviewing? What questions were asked? How was the scoring determined in a fair and reviewable manner?

And people might say 'This is football,  not some corporate pish, so pipe down' but there's a reason we don't give often very very well paid people jobs on the basis that their pal Shug minds eh them when they both played midfield for Larbert High.

Competency based interviews are a pile of shite.

13 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

Thought Kabia was really poor again today, which is worrying as he’s been excellent up until the last few weeks.

Needs players around him,which he doesn't have at Falkirk to get the best out of him.Hel be deflated,but hel come back to us having learned what it takes to be a top player.In the right surroundings hel do just that.🦁👍.

9 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Listened to Rennies interview and it worries me he is still talking about catching QP, not a hope in hell of that happening. If I was him it would be the other end of the league I would be concerned about.

There’s no need for this hysteria, we’re not going to be relegated this season.

3 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Rennie’s interview is pathetic. I wanted it to work for him but it’s not. Hetherington on for Griffiths was the last in a long line of baffling decisions for me. End this experiment at the earliest opportunity. 

He said in the same interview that Griffiths had to come off with an injury.

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Wouldn’t have mattered who he brought on, the bench was full of shite.

Also Morrison moved into the front line.

Yes the whole bench is shite. Yes Morrison moved into the front line but for me it was still a terrible decision. We are 3-1 down, at least show some intent. Losers mentality 

Our next managers first task should be to stop us being a laughing stock, which we most definitely are now. They also need to get some players in with a bit of bottle and dig about them as we are soft as shite. Other teams love playing us and until that’s reversed we will make no progress.

18 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

Yes the whole bench is shite. Yes Morrison moved into the front line but for me it was still a terrible decision. We are 3-1 down, at least show some intent. Losers mentality 

Playing Devils Advocate here, given Griffiths was supposedly injured which of the shite options available to you would you have replaced him with?

Does any debate here really matter. Rennie is a clown, the team is absolutely shite and the new boards first big decision they’ve got wrong. Some job on their hands to convince any fan to return this season or next. Brutal. 

Edited by BooBairn

4 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Playing Devils Advocate here, given Griffiths was supposedly injured which of the shite options available to you would you have replaced him with?

It’s fine mate I’m not gona debate this all night. If you are happy with that decision the carry on. As I said, for me it was just the latest in a long line of pish from the manager. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly, after Miller and McCracken, Sheerin and Rennie, all of which were left field "lets get away from the merry-go-round" type appointments, with each more disastrous than the last, just get back on the fucking thing.

Give me someone that actually makes some fucking demands of the players under them. Give me someone that doesn't accept the cowardly performances we have seen for the last few years. 

Time for the Yogi chat again? Granted if he keeps Dunfermline up he'll likely stay there

2 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Yeah I never had a problem with the Rennie appointment, still don't in fact. But it simply hasn't worked so a parting of the ways before too long is probably for the best. We're not losing unluckily or looking like we're getting better at all.

(Please don't inflict the ppg on us again @Duncan Freemason, the endless repetition of that is nearly as bad as the games themselves)

So why are you telling everyone we are not getting any better yet again? 😂