The Falkirk FC Thread

16 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Genuinely awed by all you guys that have continued to trot along week after week to watch our amadans.

I couldn't face any more quite some time ago, and to be honest it's a boon to the mental health. No good comes of putting yourself through that, and I struggle to see myself going back no matter if/when we turn it around. 42 years doon the swanny.

pretty much my position Ranaldo. been going for nearly 40 years and stopped paying money in 3 years ago.

covid aside I've only been to 3 games in that 3 years, all away from home, Arbroath, Montrose and Alloa.

I don't really care what league we are in, never have done, I just want us to play attractive football and watch players who genuinely want to play for the club (loss of academy hasn't helped here). I am also fed up of poor decision after poor decision wasting what little money we have, and as stated many times by many not owning our stadium is a massive mistake and needs rectified.

Guest Ecosse83
24 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Whoever brought in his mate to be our manager with absolutely no recruitment process followed..

Can you please commit to recusing yourself from all future recruitment of personnel?

Thanks

They were split 2v2 between Rice and Rennie. One of the Rennie votes really really pushed for him. 

On paper it looked like Rennie was a very interesting appointment but it just hasn’t worked out. Not every appointment is going to be bang on, I just hope they aren’t stubborn enough to persist with it! 

From back to front a total shambles, no fight, no desire, no tactics, no fucking good. Can't wait for Rennies spin on this game. Unbelievable but we are actually getting worse every week. Also noticed when we go behind Rennie dives for cover into the dugout leaving Miller alone in the coaching area

This comes with a heavy dose of hindsight but nevertheless, it needs said and I think it's passable becasue of the number of people saying it at the time, but the signing of Leigh Griffiths to score the consolation in a 4 goal, home battering at the expense of a signing that shored up the midfield is a real howler.

I suppose Jacobs was to do that but it was clear when he came in we needed more.

I also know Liam Craig was close, but failure to get him didn't negate the need to get someone else.

I'm sick of watching lazy shitebags. Sick

Liam Craig was up the back of the main stand looking as scunnered as the rest of us

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

They were split 2v2 between Rice and Rennie. One of the Rennie votes really really pushed for him. 

On paper it looked like Rennie was a very interesting appointment but it just hasn’t worked out. Not every appointment is going to be bang on, I just hope they aren’t stubborn enough to persist with it! 

Time for Duffyball,  Big Jim is your only hope

Yeah I never had a problem with the Rennie appointment, still don't in fact. But it simply hasn't worked so a parting of the ways before too long is probably for the best. We're not losing unluckily or looking like we're getting better at all.

(Please don't inflict the ppg on us again @Duncan Freemason, the endless repetition of that is nearly as bad as the games themselves)

2 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

How many times do we have to say we need experience? Not talking about specifically Rice but we need experience to win/get out this league. Why after Miller and McCracken, then Sheerin are we STILL going down the inexperienced route? We need a manager who can get every single ounce from his team. It’s sheer incompetence from the highest level. There is no Gary Deans to blame tonight. 

7 games to go.

3 at home

3 games against teams in a higher league position

If we get a further 10 points by the end of the season we will be lucky

Decisions will be make in the next week that will have a profound effect on the club for years to come.

Full time,  Part time,  Hybrid

Manager

End of season player clear out

Targeted signings

The club cannot afford to deal with these issues after the final whistle of the last game.

How many times do we have to say we need experience? Not talking about specifically Rice but we need experience to win/get out this league. Why after Miller and McCracken, then Sheerin are we STILL going down the inexperienced route? We need a manager who can get every single ounce from his team. It’s sheer incompetence from the highest level. There is no Gary Deans to blame tonight. 
Hartley & McKinnon were experienced.
Next point.

The only positive from today is that it ends any discussion that Rennie will still be in the dugout next season.

I don’t know how we are going to do it but the idea of starting next season with any of these losers can’t even be contemplated.

22 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

I hope that individual is open enough to say 'sorry, this disaster is on me'.

I interview 10s of people a year. Competency based answers, showing in depth knowledge of your subject matter, highly qualified within your job role and demonstrable plans for the next 3 months, 6 months and a year.

Hope I'm not misquoting you (and I believe you) but this sounds very much like a few people round a table going 'ehhh, whit about Ricey?'

Who interviewed both candidates? Were both candidates interviewing? What questions were asked? How was the scoring determined in a fair and reviewable manner?

And people might say 'This is football,  not some corporate pish, so pipe down' but there's a reason we don't give often very very well paid people jobs on the basis that their pal Shug minds eh them when they both played midfield for Larbert High.

24 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

I've already withdrew mine. That statement that included  stats absolutely has came from Rennie trying desperately to justify himself and keep himself in a job beyond this season. That is an absolutely terrifying prospect and 100% cannot be allowed to happen. 

You can only hope/assume that if they were leaning in that direction, today's pathetic, gutless, spineless capitulation will have concentrated a few minds. As a couple of others have mentioned, he basically hid in the back of the dugout for pretty much the entirety of the 90 minutes, only emerging to oversee that nonsensical substitution involving the removal of Griffiths and the introduction of Hetherington and that utter nothing "Seb" Ross. In short, he offered absolutely nothing.

I quite liked the appointment of Rennie. I hoped he'd show at least enough progress to justify continuing into next season. He hasn't. I've no idea who we get to replace him or where we go from here but I'm absolutely certain that, wherever it is, it cannot involve the current management team. Thank You and Goodbye.

20 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Next point.

Hartley, when allowed to sign his own players in the January, had us 2nd in the league from Jan-end of 17/18 season. He has also proven elsewhere that he is a good manager who simply lost the plot with us that summer. I’m not sure we’ll ever know the full story behind it.

On McKinnon, far be it for me to defend him because he was a tit, but he was bulleted when we were 3 points off top. I’d also happily wager that the League One side he assembled  - by no means a good side, by the way - would comfortably hump the rabble we currently have.

Neither were good for us, but did better than the rookies we’ve appointed since.

Edited by 18BAIRN76

50 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

I know this is Wikipedia,  so large dose of salt...but still brilliant-

'Rennie attributes much of his coaching success to the leadership and psychological lessons he learned during his career in the corporate world'

Then he can return there, wouldn’t have an issue with it, even though I was supportive of Rennie’s appointment 

You can only hope/assume that if they were leaning in that direction, today's pathetic, gutless, spineless capitulation will have concentrated a few minds. As a couple of others have mentioned, he basically hid in the back of the dugout for pretty much the entirety of the 90 minutes, only emerging to oversee that nonsensical substitution involving the removal of Griffiths and the introduction of Hetherington and that utter nothing "Seb" Ross. In short, he offered absolutely nothing.
I quite liked the appointment of Rennie. I hoped he'd show at least enough progress to justify continuing into next season. He hasn't. I've no idea who we get to replace him or where we go from here but I'm absolutely certain that, wherever it is, it cannot involve the current management team. Thank You and Goodbye.

Honestly, after Miller and McCracken, Sheerin and Rennie, all of which were left field "lets get away from the merry-go-round" type appointments, with each more disastrous than the last, just get back on the fucking thing.

Give me someone that actually makes some fucking demands of the players under them. Give me someone that doesn't accept the cowardly performances we have seen for the last few years. Get somecunt in that has won this league before.

Even then though, we have spanked so much money of late that we are going to be financially outgunned from numerous angles next season.

Campbell, then Deans, Holt and Co have absolutely cemented us as a League 1 mid table side. Destroyed the club.

I said before we have emptied those welts and making moves to be fan owned, so I will be a fan and pay my FSS even supposing we go down, but that doesn't mean I won't criticise, and someone in this club needs to get on top of why we get less than we know several people are capable of as a very clear and obvious theme.

22 minutes ago, kiddy said:

Next point.

And look at Hartley now? Won a title at every club he’s been at. McKinnon should have been binned when we went down. He’s arguably failed at every club he’s been at with the exception of Queen’s Park who still sacked him after winning the league.