The Falkirk FC Thread

What is the reason behind us signing players who look good on their CV but when we play them they turn out crap? Is it training? Is it bottom of the barrel FT players? Or what.
Players who have stunk with us are now playing a league up and perform well. What do we do to them? Gone are the days when we bled our young players into the first team every year and they appeared to want to do well. Now we sign team hoppers who really could not give a damn if they win lose or draw. FED UP

Forget about significant investment, an increase in fan contributions, because with performances of this season it would be a waste of money (in fact, it is already a waste).

Forget about turning over a new leaf next season, because we've done that and no semi-decent coach will come our way. We're saying goodbye to Airdrie this year and taking their place, to remain in this hole of a league.

Forget about signing someone who might make a difference. We've signed a Roman legion of players all saying the same line, that Falkirk is a big club, deserves to be in the Premiership, and in the end, they are shipped off with a pat on the back to do better elsewhere.

Forget about a significant change to our fortunes.  For apathy, thy name is Falkirk.

This comes with a heavy dose of hindsight but nevertheless, it needs said and I think it's passable becasue of the number of people saying it at the time, but the signing of Leigh Griffiths to score the consolation in a 4 goal, home battering at the expense of a signing that shored up the midfield is a real howler.

I suppose Jacobs was to do that but it was clear when he came in we needed more.

I also know Liam Craig was close, but failure to get him didn't negate the need to get someone else.

I'm sick of watching lazy shitebags. Sick

Genuinely awed by all you guys that have continued to trot along week after week to watch our amadans.

I couldn't face any more quite some time ago, and to be honest it's a boon to the mental health. No good comes of putting yourself through that, and I struggle to see myself going back no matter if/when we turn it around. 42 years doon the swanny.

Came on this site a couple of months ago after attending the Cove game pre Xmas. What I witnessed from the Bairns was awful.Thought new new year aquasitions of Jacobs and Kabia from my team would have helped yous not to mention Griffiths.Seems I was wrong..Wont patrionise but the vibes from the Falkirk support tells me half that team don't deserve to wear that shirt.Granted Jacobs is coming to the tail end of his career, but Jaze still has his in front of him.Dissapointing that he seems to have gone of the ball.Obviously I haven't seen him for a few months,but I hope he comes back to us having learned its not always a bed of roses.Anyway,apologies for the rant..

See if I read another update from the FSS saying we’ve made progress I’ll be withdrawing my monthly membership. This is WORSE than under Sheerin. How can that even be possible? How can it be possible we get every single decision wrong? I said last week Rennie’s subs killed us and they were awful again today. Imagine taking Griffiths off when he can deliver like he can. He stands in the dugout like Eddie May did, he’s way way way out his depth. The season is done, get him out and get the new man in for the last remaining games to see and evaluate the squad for himself. Airdrie, btw, are everything we should be aiming to be. We’ll eventually learn, albeit the hard way, that signing these so called better players from the championship and premiership is costing us. We need grafters, we need players up for a battle, not pussies.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

22 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

What is the reason behind us signing players who look good on their CV but when we play them they turn out crap? Is it training? Is it bottom of the barrel FT players? Or what.
Players who have stunk with us are now playing a league up and perform well. What do we do to them? Gone are the days when we bled our young players into the first team every year and they appeared to want to do well. Now we sign team hoppers who really could not give a damn if they win lose or draw. FED UP

they play for managers who inspire them and set them out better.  nine of this cagey over analysed Largs nonsense

20 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Whoever brought in his mate to be our manager with absolutely no recruitment process followed..

Can you please commit to recusing yourself from all future recruitment of personnel?

Thanks

Absolutely crazy that the only criteria for the new manager seemed to be being mates with a board member.

The patrons now have effectively total control of the club. It’s up to them to take responsibility for the 2 very poor decisions that have been made in the appointment of Rennie and recruitment of Griffiths on crazy wages to finish 5th in league 1 when we’re apparently potless.

That’s before you even start on the rumoured Goodwillie debacle.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

This comes with a heavy dose of hindsight but nevertheless, it needs said and I think it's passable becasue of the number of people saying it at the time, but the signing of Leigh Griffiths to score the consolation in a 4 goal, home battering at the expense of a signing that shored up the midfield is a real howler.

I suppose Jacobs was to do that but it was clear when he came in we needed more.

I also know Liam Craig was close, but failure to get him didn't negate the need to get someone else.

I'm sick of watching lazy shitebags. Sick

The failure to sign a midfielder will be the main reason why you do not make the play- off’s and Rennie loses his job. Most Falkirk fans see, and opposing fans definitely see, that your midfield unit is one of the poorest , if not the poorest in the league. As you say missing out on 1 or 2 individuals is no excuse, the quality is so poor there has to be players out there that could of improved that area of the field.

16 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

See if I read another update from the FSS saying we’ve made progress I’ll be withdrawing my monthly membership. This is WORSE than under Sheerin. How can that even be possible? How can it be possible we get every single decision wrong? I said last week Rennie’s subs killed us and they were awful again today. Imagine taking Griffiths off when he can deliver like he can. He stands in the dugout like Eddie May did, he’s way way way out his depth. The season is done, get him out and get the new man in for the last remaining games to see and evaluate the squad for himself. Airdrie, btw, are everything we should be aiming to be. We’ll eventually learn, albeit the hard way, that signing these so called better players from the championship and premiership is costing us. We need grafters, we need players up for a battle, not pussies.

I've already withdrew mine. That statement that included  stats absolutely has came from Rennie trying desperately to justify himself and keep himself in a job beyond this season. That is an absolutely terrifying prospect and 100% cannot be allowed to happen.