The Falkirk FC Thread

I would say that should definitely put paid to any thoughts of Rennie or Miller getting the gig next season. They have to try and put a positive spin on things pre-season to shift ST’s and if they appoint they two they haven’t got a hope in hell.

Williamson…….a talented enough lad, but today he looked like Bambi trying to trot up and down the touch line. 

Edited by Duncan Freemason

Just no shape or discipline. MR in 12 games has to have at least instilled that into the side, but absolutely not. I certainly don’t want to hear “this is what a turnaround looks like. It’s no all win win win.” It’s not all lose lose lose either.

Would like to see Rennie pack in and Kenny Miller staying until summer. Very sad as I wanted this merry-go-round to stop but Rennie has not worked. Really wanted it to be a great return to his hometown but sadly it has not worked for him or us. Need to try things for next season now.

11 minutes ago, Davffc said:

I started to type that we are, at best, no better than for the majority of the time under Sheerin and arguably worse but that 4th goal ffs. This "performance" is a shocker equal to the 6-0 against QP. Airdrie better all over the park and fully deserve to be well up probably by more than 4.

Rennie is out of his depth and quite frankly doesn't deserve to get until the end of the season. I wouldn't be upset if by this time tomorrow he was on a plane over the Atlantic heading west.

The new board aka The Patrons are seemingly above criticism on here but this is entirely at their door and they need to sort it now whether Rennie is one of their mates or not.

I’ve as much confidence in the Patrons as I did in the old board.

Totally scunnered with the club. Unfortunately cant see how we improve anything going forward. Nose diving towards oblivion. Every player a disgrace to the jersey

How have we appointed a manager so similar to the last in the way of total hopeless tactics and incompetence. Disgusting from the 1st to the last not an ounce of passion in the team. Total shitebags.

Whole team bar maybe 3 or 4 are not even close to good enough. If Martin Rennie somehow gets given the chance to be in charge next season, the season ticket will be in the bin, a fucking clown of a manager.

8 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

Would like to see Rennie pack in and Kenny Miller staying until summer. Very sad as I wanted this merry-go-round to stop but Rennie has not worked. Really wanted it to be a great return to his hometown but sadly it has not worked for him or us. Need to try things for next season now.

If Rennie goes, he better take the thick Sevco apologist with him too.

8 minutes ago, Bigbri Bairn said:

That situation slightly terrifies me as it gives KM an audition for the gig next year... Bin the pair of them.

6 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Totally scunnered with the club. Unfortunately cant see how we improve anything going forward. Nose diving towards oblivion. Every player a disgrace to the jersey

How have we appointed a manager so similar to the last in the way of total hopeless tactics and incompetence. Disgusting from the 1st to the last not an ounce of passion in the team. Total shitebags.

Whole team bar maybe 3 or 4 are not even close to good enough. If Martin Rennie somehow gets given the chance to be in charge next season, the season ticket will be in the bin, a fucking clown of a manager.

If Rennie stays I can’t see me going back sadly.

I don't think Falkirk were quite as bad as the 6-0 Queen's Park game, mainly because that's probably the worst performance I've seen from any team for a long time, but that performance wasn't too far off it. I know some Falkirk fans are behind Rennie but from the outside he's came in, signed some decent players (in theory) for good wages but has a worse record than Sheerin. At this point, Sheerin's oddly good start is all that's keeping you away from a relegation battle.

I posted this on the match thread too but after the 3-2 game at Airdrie in January, Rennie spent the first two minutes of his interview having a rant about referee's making mistakes in every game so far. He was only a few games in but if he was that rattled and out of ideas already at that point then no wonder Falkirk are in such a state just now. I couldn't really work out what Falkirk were trying to do today. Did it start as a 4-4-2 diamond with Mills (by all accounts an inexperienced centre back) holding, Telfer and McGuffie (an inconsistent winger) as the central midfielders and Nesbitt in front? I don't think Telfer or Nesbitt are bad players, I'd be happy enough to have them at Airdrie though they wouldn't start ahead of Easton or Frizzell at the moment, but it seems like every player who goes to Falkirk just gets worse. Leon McCann is a prime example, one of the best full-backs in the league with Airdrie, whether he played in a back five or back four, but looks out of his depth and nowhere near that level at Falkirk. 

I really don't know where Falkirk go from here. I always used to think that Falkirk had reached rock bottom and surely they had to improve from here but I don't really worry about now. Even in January, when guys like Watson, Jacobs etc signed I thought fair enough, maybe Falkirk might push for the top four but they look miles away from that. In Ian Murray's first full summer we publicly transfer listed seven players that Murray wanted rid of who the previous manager had signed on two-year deals. We managed to get a small fee for two of them and the rest all went to other League One clubs or lower levels, though I assume we had to pay up a fair chunk of their contracts for some of them. I don't know if something like that will be possible for Falkirk this summer but even then, who's going to want to sign Seb Ross or Jaime Wilson?