The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would wager we hardly spent a penny in January outside Griffiths with Rennie getting some out the door as well as others in. Why don’t you go the the FSS meeting or one of the pub meetings. It may fill your knowledge gap? 

May do 

On 09/03/2022 at 09:15, TedCrilly said:

Would Rennie be better suited as a DoF type figure? His recruitment and knowledge of building an infrastructure seems pretty impressive.

As a coach/manager, he’s currently not getting the best out of this squad so far with his in game management also very questionable. He should be given to the end of the season to see if he can finish in the playoff spots to properly assess his performance. I’d assume the interview process made it clear that with the January funding securing a playoff spot was the minimum requirement.

Is there any vacancies for his old job as ball boy? - might be more his level

Because I'm bored (currently stuck at home looking after the wee one who had to go for a PCR test) I've went through a list of current SPFL clubs and marked off which grounds I've been to.

Premiership (11/12)

Celtic - yes
Rangers - yes
Heart of Midlothian - yes
Hibernian - yes
Livingston - yes
Ross County - yes
Dundee United - yes
Motherwell - yes

St Mirren - not been to the new stadium yet
Aberdeen - yes
St Johnstone - yes
Dundee - yes

Championship (10/10)

Arbroath - yes
Kimarnock - yes
Partick Thistle - yes
Inverness Caledonian Thistle - yes
Raith Rovers - yes
Ayr United - yes
Greenock Morton - yes
Hamilton Academical - yes
Queen of the South - yes
Dunfermline - yes

League One (6/10)

Cove Rangers - no
Airdrieonians - yes
Montrose - no
Queen's Park - yes
Falkirk - yes
Clyde - yes
Alloa Athletic - yes

Peterhead - no
Dumbarton - no

East Fife - yes

League Two (4/10)

Kelty Hearts - no
Annan Athletic - no
Forfar Athletic - no
Edinburgh City - no

Stenhousemuir - yes
Stranraer - no
Stirling Albion - yes
Elgin City - no
Albion Rovers - yes
Cowdenbeath - yes

Currently sitting at 31 out of 42. I haven't included St Mirren or Dumbarton because I've not been to their new grounds (but had been to Love Street / Boghead).

5 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

Charlie Telfer: Falkirks season isn't over yet

Drug test for Charlie please 🤨

I've came to that conclusion not just by the headline but the content - Thinks we can win next 8 on the bounce, against higher opposition even though all evidence would suggest otherwise.

"Why can’t we go and get eight wins from eight and put real pressure on them?

Because we haven’t won 2 games In a row since August Charlie?!

8 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Well he's hardly going to turn round and say " nah mate, we're shite" is he?

I mean he should but he can't.

“We’ll probably scrape past a few part time teams below us and lose to anyone above us” 

See in the news that Chelsea's MONTHLY wage bill is £28 million.  That's 4,666 Leigh Griffith's.  You could buy our stadium, the club, the whole of Falkirk High Street and good part of Calendar Park for that probably.  Different world.

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

14 minutes ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

See in the news that Chelsea's MONTHLY wage bill is £28 million.  That's 4,666 Leigh Griffith's.  You could buy our stadium, the club, the whole of Falkirk High Street and good part of Calendar Park for that probably.  Different world.

you sure thats Chelsea's wage bill and not ours in Yogi's last season?

5 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

I would wager we hardly spent a penny in January outside Griffiths with Rennie getting some out the door as well as others in. Why don’t you go the the FSS meeting or one of the pub meetings. It may fill your knowledge gap? 

The reckoning of the financial and structural mismanagement of the club will come this closed season.

Very good chance of a hybrid Fulltime / Part time set up for the players and part time for the administration staff.

FFC must re negotiate the lease agreement with the stadium due to these changes in working practices. Relocate the office staff out the stadium and leave the council with their white elephant to stew in their own juice.

Because I'm bored (currently stuck at home looking after the wee one who had to go for a PCR test) I've went through a list of current SPFL clubs and marked off which grounds I've been to.
Premiership (11/12)
Celtic - yes
Rangers - yes
Heart of Midlothian - yes
Hibernian - yes
Livingston - yes
Ross County - yes
Dundee United - yes
Motherwell - yes

St Mirren - not been to the new stadium yet
Aberdeen - yes
St Johnstone - yes
Dundee - yes

Championship (10/10)
Arbroath - yes
Kimarnock - yes
Partick Thistle - yes
Inverness Caledonian Thistle - yes
Raith Rovers - yes
Ayr United - yes
Greenock Morton - yes
Hamilton Academical - yes
Queen of the South - yes
Dunfermline - yes

League One (6/10)
Cove Rangers - no
Airdrieonians - yes
Montrose - no
Queen's Park - yes
Falkirk - yes
Clyde - yes
Alloa Athletic - yes

Peterhead - no
Dumbarton - no

East Fife - yes
League Two (4/10)
Kelty Hearts - no
Annan Athletic - no
Forfar Athletic - no
Edinburgh City - no

Stenhousemuir - yes
Stranraer - no
Stirling Albion - yes
Elgin City - no
Albion Rovers - yes
Cowdenbeath - yes

Currently sitting at 31 out of 42. I haven't included St Mirren or Dumbarton because I've not been to their new grounds (but had been to Love Street / Boghead).

Only Kelty Hearts and Edinburgh City for me

1 hour ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Add in the Mariner Centre 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The reckoning of the financial and structural mismanagement of the club will come this closed season.

Very good chance of a hybrid Fulltime / Part time set up for the players and part time for the administration staff.

FFC must re negotiate the lease agreement with the stadium due to these changes in working practices. Relocate the office staff out the stadium and leave the council with their white elephant to stew in their own juice.

Selling brockville, our family silver, and then having to rent from falkirk Council is by far the biggest thing that cheeses me off in terms of our past decision making.

until we can find some long term way of buying back the stadium we'll never be in control of our finances and destiny.

It’s been gone over before, but our main stand was and is a huge vanity project to give us something akin to a mini Hampden. Having nothing on the east side makes “atmosphere” a far distant concept.

The biggest issue is a relationship with a council that is little better than toxic. I remember way back the Goldies doing everything possible to scupper FFC.

Compare and contrast Livingston bending over backwards to accommodate all sorts of crooks in West Lothian and still doing it today, or Hamilton who actually earn money from their council from renting office space.

How the hell we ever get TFS to look and feel like home, I do not know. It’s never felt that way for me. Even if it’s nothing to do with accommodating football, that east side needs some sort of structure to enclose the place.

For me, Tynecastle is the best stadium in the country.

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

It’s been gone over before, but our main stand was and is a huge vanity project to give us something akin to a mini Hampden. Having nothing on the east side makes “atmosphere” a far distant concept.

The biggest issue is a relationship with a council that is little better than toxic. I remember way back the Goldies doing everything possible to scupper FFC.

Compare and contrast Livingston bending over backwards to accommodate all sorts of crooks in West Lothian and still doing it today, or Hamilton who actually earn money from their council from renting office space.

How the hell we ever get TFS to look and feel like home, I do not know. It’s never felt that way for me. Even if it’s nothing to do with accommodating football, that east side needs some sort of structure to enclose the place.

For me, Tynecastle is the best stadium in the country.

Agree in regards to Tynecastle. We weren’t playing the Saturday we were suppose to be at home to Peterhead and my nephew wanted to go to a cup game so we went to Hearts V Livingston. Magnificent stadium. 

The Goldies have been a plague on this town for decades and their hatred for FFC is stuff of legend.

The unholy alliance between Labour and Tories that is polluting the Council Chambers will hopefully come to an end at the forthcoming elections which should lead to more constructive relations with the Council as a fair number of the SNP group are Bairns fans.

The labyrinthine ownership agreement is not likely to be altered in our favour anytime soon though given the budget cuts facing the Council.