The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Russ said:

Surely we’ve got to the stage now where everyone excepts Rennie is an absolute loser and a terrible football manager.

I did last week against Peterhead and yesterday confirmed it with his subs. Why Telfer stayed on the full game was beyond me. Even bring on Wilson (shiver) out there where he’s been training. 

6 hours ago, Passionate said:

Would Falkirk and indeed their fans give Murray the time would you accept another 3 years in this league, wouldn't think so.  

We shouldn't need to make that choice. You can rebuild and still win this league. 

I think Murray would get 2 shots at that, if the first season saw a good level of performance and a solid shot at the playoffs.

Under Cones and now Rennie we get neither results nor performances.

Murray would significantly improve both as he's an actual manager unlike the joker we have in place just now.

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

I wasn’t at the game yesterday, but just watched the highlights. Jesus we missed some sitters, however the Clyde goal came from shitebaggery of the first degree. I said my bit on Miller last week and that attempt at tackling summed everything up, how can’t the management see how crap he is

3 hours ago, latapythelegend said:

What did he do to build it exactly? 

Kelty have money to walk through that league. M&M, Sheerin, Rennie, you and me could do what he has done there.

A team at the top of the league having only lost 3 games.

The forum have been saying for seasons we have the money and we are not walking through the league

30 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

The forum have been saying for seasons we have the money and we are not walking through the league

That team was walking through that league well before Thomson took over. If he done it with, Stenny, Annan, or any other team in that division then you may have a point. Not with Kelty.

39 minutes ago, NUMBER 7 said:

I wasn’t at the game yesterday, but just watched the highlights. Jesus we missed some sitters, however the Clyde goal came from shitebaggery of the first degree. I said my bit on Miller last week and that attempt at tackling summed everything up, how can’t the management see how crap he is

Mutch didn't cover himself in glory either. Beat at his near post.

Not got much going on in my life due to ill health so following Falkirk (on home and away live streams) has taken an even bigger part of my life than usual.  After yesterday I feel the season is over.  In the unlikely event we get 6 more points than Queens we would be swept aside in the playoffs anyway. So no point getting angry and disappointed for the remains of the season.  It's over, I'm letting go.

I don't think Rennie should be automatically catapulted at the end of the season.  His robotic lack of emotion bothers me, but given the multitudes of managers/players we have gone though, a bit of stability might give him time to improve.  I really don't know.  Hope.

I’ve wanted Hartley, McKinnon, M&M, Holt (yeah, even him in his short disastrous attempt at being a manager again), Sheerin & Rennie all to succeed, all to pick up the respective bag of nonsense they have inherited, all to at least deliver a bit of dead cat bounce.

Sheerin was the one likely not to inherit a bag of nonsense, but Holt made sure that he did, and then by adding the likes of Ross and Ruth, the die was cast.

It all takes us back to “we don’t sign bad players”, what we do is sign bad managers who sign bad players. The biggest blot on Hartley’s CV isn’t Dundee, it’s us. McKinnon played the plucky loser, but he was more interested in his LinkedIn profile than actually winning games. Sheerin was miles out of his depth, but convinced Deans that he knew what he was doing.

Rennie was a gamble, but remember the situation at the time. Sheerin fired, and new Board in within a couple of days. A manager needed in a hurry. Board rightly worried about handing a decent length contract to someone when they have been in the door for a matter of days, and they start to uncover all sorts of crap from Deans & Co. Rennie a 6 month gamble…….local guy, decent CV, equally happy to do the 6 month thing to see if worked for him and us.

The Board backed him to bring in 6 players plus Dowds, but surely not on the basis of “it’s ok if you do no better with those seven additions than Sheerin did”. There has to be some sort performance measures he has to meet given that Holt has ensured next season’s squad is filled with the same lowlights as this.

Not got much going on in my life due to ill health so following Falkirk (on home and away live streams) has taken an even bigger part of my life than usual.  After yesterday I feel the season is over.  In the unlikely event we get 6 more points than Queens we would be swept aside in the playoffs anyway. So no point getting angry and disappointed for the remains of the season.  It's over, I'm letting go.

I don't think Rennie should be automatically catapulted at the end of the season.  His robotic lack of emotion bothers me, but given the multitudes of managers/players we have gone though, a bit of stability might give him time to improve.  I really don't know.  Hope.

Honestly absolutely hate this argument and it makes no sense whatsoever. We’ve sacked managers and appointed worse managers so we should just keep the pathetic loser we’ve got in charge just to stop us appointing someone worse. Absolute shite. He’s fucking dreadful and should be nowhere near the club next season. Neither should his sidekick Miller.

2 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Your not getting this are you. 

He didn’t build the team!

2 hours ago, Amarillo Bairn said:

Is the guy from the shop "Corzo" still here having a say in things?

I think so. I am sure he was mentioned in the Board statement that he is involved in stat analysis on players, but if that was one of the foundation stones for recruitment last summer, then it wasn’t exactly a game changer (in the right way).

I think the actual scout might have a bigger say for next season, but with all the better players out of contract, and all of those not good enough still under contract (McKay here until 2024), and with a reduced budget, you might only have scope for a small handful of signings. There are no reserves of cash for another mass influx of players. I doubt if we will even manage one in one out. More like two out one in……and it will be the better ones headed out.

8 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

I posted about Allan Fraser back on 6th July last year querying who he was as his LinkedIn had him as Falkirk chief scout.  

No idea what's going on but that suggests he's been working with us for a while and quite possibly even 'helping' Holt.  

Local guy, used to be involved with I.C.I Juvenile’s years back before doing a bit of scouting for Falkirk.