The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know for sure, so this purely my opinion, but I think in the case of Rennie it's either he is someone's pal and they pushed for him, or the new board were keen to show that they could go left field and had the football knowledge we've been missing all this time. Sort of "making a point" type appointment maybe. 

Its not really a criticism, but I think the Goodwillie saga and that statement about having to do unpopular things betrayed a bit of an over zealousness to get in there and be the big guys making the big tough calls. 

Turned out that in fact, most of us were dead right about that, and they were wrong. Might well turn out to be the case with Rennie aswell. 

I still think Kenny Miller is our next manager, and I don't like that. 

Anybody know the reason for Millers sudden exit at Livingston ?

Various stories from man management, loosing the dressing room to player rebellion on demands for more professionalism. If it is Miller then this has to be brought out into the open otherwise it will always be in the background if he's made manager.

Any Livi fans got the low down ?

9 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Anybody know the reason for Millers sudden exit at Livingston ?

Various stories from man management, loosing the dressing room to player rebellion on demands for more professionalism. If it is Miller then this has to be brought out into the open otherwise it will always be in the background if he's made manager.

Any Livi fans got the low down ?

Was he not wanting to keep playing whilst livi wanted him to concentrate on just managing.

I really don’t give two Fcks about who’s pal or pals with BOD members, or who’s in the know etc. 

All I and hopefully most supporters of the club want is a hard working decent football team and a knowledgeable manager.

We have been a disaster of a club for so long and yesterday’s performance was just another typical uninspired  expected result.

Ive nothing against R&M nor did I dislike Sheerin, however it looking like we’re looking for a new manager in a few months time.

Watched the highlights and as posted Miller and Hetherington going thru the motions for Clydes deserved equaliser.

“Going thru the motions”

Some absolute welt on the other fans' group claiming we all need to accept responsibility. f**k right off with that shit.

Just now, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Gaz said:
Some absolute welt on the other fans' group claiming we all need to accept responsibility. f**k right off with that shit.

For what?

For the state we are in.

Given the board statement in the week, the next appointment could actually be make or break for the club, at least in terms of our status as a full-time outfit. They need to get this one right. Keeping Rennie - given his performance has been little to no better than Cones - or even worse, giving it to Miller, won't cut it at all. I appreciate every appointment has an element of risk, but some appointments are more risky than others. I don't know who the answer is at the moment - but I'd go out and get someone who knows the league inside out and knows how build a team to win matches in it. Ian Murray is probably quite a good shout in that regard.

15 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Given the board statement in the week, the next appointment could actually be make or break for the club, at least in terms of our status as a full-time outfit. They need to get this one right. Keeping Rennie - given his performance has been little to no better than Cones - or even worse, giving it to Miller, won't cut it at all. I appreciate every appointment has an element of risk, but some appointments are more risky than others. I don't know who the answer is at the moment - but I'd go out and get someone who knows the league inside out and knows how build a team to win matches in it. Ian Murray is probably quite a good shout in that regard.

Would Falkirk and indeed their fans give Murray the time would you accept another 3 years in this league, wouldn't think so.    Murray is an old fashioned rebuild manager, he has done well for ourselves,   if we manage to get promoted, I expect him to stay,  if not we could find Falkirk, Raith and even Dunfermline come calling....

Having a little think about this last night and IF (all ifs buts and maybes) Dunfermline replace Cove and Kelty replace East Fife and that’s the only changes to the league, you could argue 6/10 teams will be challenging for the league and you’d have to put us 6th favourite. The statement fro the board to me suggested we had no money and that plating budget will be less next year. Not a hope in hell we’ll get out the league again even next season, unless we get the manager appointment right, something we haven’t done since Houston.

Edited by Tea and Busquets

29 minutes ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

It’s a stick on/guarantee that we will go hybrid next season, as the BOD openly suggested.

This changes the goalposts as we go partly into the unknown. I think you nailed it, we’d need to look at someone who can navigate such an environment. 

2 minutes ago, Tea and Busquets said:

Having a little think about this last night and IF (all ifs buts and maybes) Dunfermline replace Cove and Kelty replace East Fife and that’s the only changes to the league, you could argue 6/10 teams will be challenging for the league and you’d have to put us 6th favourite. The statement for the board to me suggested we had no money and that plating budget will be less next year. Not a hope in hell we’ll get out the league again even next season, unless we get the manager appointment right, something we haven’t done since Houston.

M&M and Sheerin were straight out of Aldi budget appointments and look where that has got us. We're in the last chance saloon, you have to speculate to accumulate. They had better find the money from somewhere to appoint a decent manager.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Was he not wanting to keep playing whilst livi wanted him to concentrate on just managing.

That's the problem its all hear say an rumours.

If we do go for Miller then it will be a festering sore on the platforms and with the fans.

If its a case of players not coming up the standards of professionalism expected I don't have an issue with that.

Get it out in the open if he's appointed.

My choice Kevin Thomson Kelty Hearts he ticks the boxes.

Built a winning team from scratch having lost only 3 times this season. So he as proved himself in the transfer market and signing players to fit into his system and making it work.

Something the last 4 Falkirk managers have failed to do.

Wouldn’t be a glamour appointment but Alan Johnstone took both Queen of the South and Dunfermline up out of this division as champions at the first time of asking. In both cases he won the league at a canter and I’m told playing decent football. Still clinging on to the hope Rennie/Miller will show something between now and June to warrant a new contract but just throwing Johnstone out there as possibility to see what kinda reaction it gets. Realistically that’s the level of manager we are now looking at unless there is somebody out there I’ve not thought of. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 minute ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Wouldn’t be a glamour appointment but Alan Johnstone took both Queen of the South and Dunfermline up out of this division at the first time of asking. In both cases he won the league at a canter I believe playing decent football. Still clinging on to the hope Rennie/Miller will show something between now and June to warrant a new contract but just throwing Johnstone out there as possibility to see what kinda reaction  it gets 

The Office Steve Carell GIF - The Office Steve Carell Michael Scott -  Discover & Share GIFs

1 hour ago, Passionate said:

Would Falkirk and indeed their fans give Murray the time would you accept another 3 years in this league, wouldn't think so.    Murray is an old fashioned rebuild manager, he has done well for ourselves,   if we manage to get promoted, I expect him to stay,  if not we could find Falkirk, Raith and even Dunfermline come calling....

It shouldn't be a 3 year job at our club though. We've got the biggest budget in the league. Any half decent manager should be able to use that budget to put a side out that will be challenging for the title .

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It shouldn't be a 3 year job at our club though. We've got the biggest budget in the league. Any half decent manager should be able to use that budget to put a side out that will be challenging for the title .

I’m not so sure we will have the largest playing budget next season with Dunfermline and Kelty potentially entering the league and us having a financial black hole we need external cash to fill(cash that is yet to be sourced).Queen of the south will also still have a big chunk of they’re 500k gift and Queens Park still being funded by the Hamden/Willie Hauchey money. Could potentially be 4 or 5 full time clubs trying to win this division next season. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

That's the problem its all hear say an rumours.
If we do go for Miller then it will be a festering sore on the platforms and with the fans.
If its a case of players not coming up the standards of professionalism expected I don't have an issue with that.
Get it out in the open if he's appointed.
My choice Kevin Thomson Kelty Hearts he ticks the boxes.
Built a winning team from scratch having lost only 3 times this season. So he as proved himself in the transfer market and signing players to fit into his system and making it work.
Something the last 4 Falkirk managers have failed to do.

From scratch? [emoji23]

Aye apart from having Darren Jameison, Dougie Hill, Tam Reilly, Nathan Austin, Kallum Higginbotham, Michael Tidser and Tam O’Ware as part of his squad when he took over. Having comfortably the biggest budget in the league and getting a bit fortunate with Joe Cardle staying 5 minutes away. Aye you’re right completely from scratch.

Barry Ferguson would’ve won that league with Kelty ffs.