The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, 18BAIRN76 said:

Kevin Thomson is winning League Two with Kelty with side that is Championship level, so he's done nothing yet. He's also a fucking massive Sevco apologist. No thanks.

Puts a team together that wins - tick

Astute signings that fit into a system - tick

You stated he has assembled a championship side well that is something we haven't done - tick

As for being a supporter of a team that does not matter a jot to a manager it never has. You would end up with only managers that supported the team otherwise.

52 minutes ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The Falkirk manager job in League 1 should be one that managers are falling over themselves for - the only way is up from 5th in the league (surely?!), a good budget, very good chance of winning the league and as previous teams have shown (Partick, Raith, Abroath) a bit of upward momentum from League 1 can continue on up the Championship, so could be a real springboard for success with Falkirk or someone else eventually. But they must be close to the point where the club is seen as a managerial career killer. By this summer that will be 4 (5 if you count the joint effort) managers in less than 3 years that have been churned out with their career in tatters. Assuming Rennie leaves I'll be very interested to see who they go for. Depending how our season finishes I'll stick an early shout out for Ian Murray.

Would have been my choice when Sheerin left. Ticks all the boxes in terms of knowing the league, has an eye for a player and has done a splendid job at airdrie.  Unfortunately our new BoD took a big gamble with rennie which hasn't worked so hopefully Murray is on the radar, although that is heavily dependent on airdrie not being promoted and any teams higher up the pyramid not making an offer.

We really should have won today, but rennies inability to sort the midfield has cost us dear.

1 hour ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Would Kevin Thomson from Kelty Hearts come. Young manager with a winning team achieved by making astute signings so he ticks the boxes just like Totten from Alloa and Jeffries from Berwick.

2 season contract with an option of a 3rd to be negotiated.

15 minutes ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Puts a team together that wins - tick

Astute signings that fit into a system - tick

You stated he has assembled a championship side well that is something we haven't done - tick

As for being a supporter of a team that does not matter a jot to a manager it never has. You would end up with only managers that supported the team otherwise.

The big factor in Thomson's success is possibly the, er, benefactor who funds the semi big name signings at Kelty. Falkirk should steer clear of him.

Guest TedCrilly

Just didn’t get the rub of the green today. I thought Rennie and the boys were excellent throughout and could/should have won the game. Some of Holts signings still holding us back I’m afraid but definitely a point gained and a game that Sheerin would have left empty handed. Onto next week. COYB.

7 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Just didn’t get the rub of the green today. I thought Rennie and the boys were excellent throughout and could/should have won the game. Some of Holts signings still holding us back I’m afraid but definitely a point gained and a game that Sheerin would have left empty handed. Onto next week. COYB.

This will go down like a lead balloon.

8 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

You need bait on the end of your line 🙄

11 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Please don’t bring this ‘hilarious’ shit patter from the Facebook page onto here 💤💤

13 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

Did you pitch up at Cumbernaulds under fives, get a Fckn grip, appalling post 

Agree mate too many people like Springfield being too negative, that’ll get us nowhere. We can still do it, COYB.

Guest TedCrilly
8 minutes ago, Trump said:

Agree mate too many people like Springfield being too negative, that’ll get us nowhere. We can still do it, COYB.

100%.

In all seriousness, this was always going to be a tough gig for the new regime. They’ve come into an absolute circus on and off the field making this a difficult task. They’ve backed Rennie extremely well but unfortunately I don’t believe he is the man to take us forward next season. Massive decisions and rallying of the fanbase required over the next few months to give us the best possible budget and chance next season. 

Edited by TedCrilly

44 minutes ago, TedCrilly said:

It was irritating enough today without the smart arse wind up.

8 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Too many new board soldiers on here. Call a spade a spade ffs. Not good enough again!

Yep. Because it's someone's mates that have hired another useless manager they have to polish this turd.

We've likely avoided relegation. Great. Now we need an actual manager not this bumbleclown in the summer. 

11 hours ago, Diamonds are Forever said:

The Falkirk manager job in League 1 should be one that managers are falling over themselves for - the only way is up from 5th in the league (surely?!), a good budget, very good chance of winning the league and as previous teams have shown (Partick, Raith, Abroath) a bit of upward momentum from League 1 can continue on up the Championship, so could be a real springboard for success with Falkirk or someone else eventually. But they must be close to the point where the club is seen as a managerial career killer. By this summer that will be 4 (5 if you count the joint effort) managers in less than 3 years that have been churned out with their career in tatters. Assuming Rennie leaves I'll be very interested to see who they go for. Depending how our season finishes I'll stick an early shout out for Ian Murray.

Thing is..when do we ever do a proper recruitment process? We either tap someone up from elsewhere,  or invite applicants then appoint a boys team coach. 

I can't believe we don't get applications from real managers for this gig. So why do we never appoint one?

Ian Murray would be a brilliant appointment incidentally. Sadly I fear we'll stick with Rennie. Then have to punt him in December. 

Edited by FalkirkBairn2021

Just seen Clyde's goal there, having left about 87 mins as my daughter had lasted as long as she was going to....

Genuinely a bit surprised that the worst of the shitebag tackling came from Gary Miller. But Stevie Hetherington letting Splaine turn and spray a pass out wide with no pressure on him whatsoever sums up our midfield.

They play like a works game of fives where everyone is just there for a bit of fun and no one wants to get hurt.

Appreciate this could go in the match thread but it's got Clyde fans in it.

27 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Thing is..when do we ever do a proper recruitment process? We either tap someone up from elsewhere,  or invite applicants then appoint a boys team coach. 

I can't believe we don't get applications from real managers for this gig. So why do we never appoint one?

I dont know for sure, so this purely my opinion, but I think in the case of Rennie it's either he is someone's pal and they pushed for him, or the new board were keen to show that they could go left field and had the football knowledge we've been missing all this time. Sort of "making a point" type appointment maybe. 

Its not really a criticism, but I think the Goodwillie saga and that statement about having to do unpopular things betrayed a bit of an over zealousness to get in there and be the big guys making the big tough calls. 

Turned out that in fact, most of us were dead right about that, and they were wrong. Might well turn out to be the case with Rennie aswell. 

I still think Kenny Miller is our next manager, and I don't like that. 

Guest Ecosse83
42 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I dont know for sure, so this purely my opinion, but I think in the case of Rennie it's either he is someone's pal and they pushed for him, or the new board were keen to show that they could go left field and had the football knowledge we've been missing all this time. Sort of "making a point" type appointment maybe. 

Its not really a criticism, but I think the Goodwillie saga and that statement about having to do unpopular things betrayed a bit of an over zealousness to get in there and be the big guys making the big tough calls. 

Turned out that in fact, most of us were dead right about that, and they were wrong. Might well turn out to be the case with Rennie aswell. 

I still think Kenny Miller is our next manager, and I don't like that. 

One of the new board members knows him quite well!