The Falkirk FC Thread

We had about five clear chances to seal the game but we couldn't hit a barn door with a banjo. Come to think of it, we couldn't hit a banjo with a barn door either. I'm away to lay down, my blood pressure went through the floor when they scored.

Got downvoted last week for saying the club should now be on the hunt for next season’s manager. Can anyone provide a reason why that shouldn’t be the case?

I actually think Rennie has recruited decently. Despite that, performances, and results, have gotten worse. And that is from an incredibly low base. I could see nothing from his history that suggested he’d be great, including fans of other teams saying he was very uninspiring for them. 

This season is done, and if the new board want any sort of ST uptake, he cannot be here next season. 

I think today pretty much put the tin lid on our season. We know full well that the consensus is that we can’t beat the teams above us because they are much better than us.

The last three games, but for a bit a bit of quality from Leigh Griffiths, we wouldn’t have beaten any of the sides beneath us either. Sorry, but much as I want MR to succeed, there’s not a lot to hang your hat on.

Any manager in 2022 giving Gary Miller 90 minutes in the middle of the park is simply not good enough. He was given plenty of cash in January to do what he needed to do and he stockpiled CB’s to suit his shitebag 5 at the back tactics rather than getting a bit mobile midfielder who could actually run a game for us, let him see out the season then get him to f**k. 

I fucking hate this group of players. Weak as f**k. We should’ve had the game completely sewn up long before the last minute with both Dowds and Watson missing free headers inside the 6 yard box from Griffiths set pieces and Telfer having all the time in the world at the edge of the box and he sclaffed the shot.

Bit different from normal this week that we played much better in the first half imo. The 4-4-2 making us look much better and beside from one lapse in concentration at the back that let Cunningham through we didn’t give up any other chances. Second half when Clyde brought on first Tade and then Jones we just kept getting deeper and deeper with the midfield right on top of the defence. Clyde pretty much had 3 up front at that point and we were struggling to cope. Rennies last change of Hetherington for a straight swap for Jacobs was absolutely terrible. That’s when we should’ve brought in Dixon/McKay gone to 5 at the back and just seen the game out from there, even get Ross on for some fresh legs in the middle of the park at the same time.

Something that will get missed but I thought Kabia was absolutely pathetic in his cameo today. Any high balls up he wasn’t interested in winning them and any sort of contact and he’s rolling about on the floor for fucking ages. He wasn’t the reason we shat the bed again but he was absolutely pathetic when he came on.

Rennie can GTF pronto. His subs totally cost us today. Telfer was done with 20 minutes to go and get he still was kept on the park. He then shits out a tackle, followed by Miller and it’s a goal. 

Second half was rubbish apart from a few Griffiths set pieces that Dowds and Watson should have scored from. 

Season is now done so I’d rather this new board concentrated on getting the right man in now and let him decide who he wants to keep. 

Edited by Tea and Busquets

In the Clyde stand today using a friends ST.

Interesting to hear Clyde fans view on the game. Apart from some ridiculous shouts about Griffiths and his family, most were of the same opinion.(we are a very poor lot - me shite)

Everyone could see them scoring and the goal was no surprise. We are a so soft touch and no one seems to give a Fck when the play for us.
Yes we missed a few chances but to be fair, we’ didn’t deserve the points. 

As good as six points adrift with twenty four points to play for now.

Four wins is all QP need now. Season finished on 5th March.

Ive said my opinion many times, but this club needs turned upside down and emptied, BOD already out with the warnings. Real fear for the club now.

Edited by Springfield

Guest Caractacus Potts

I’m still not for sacking Rennie yet, mainly because I don’t see the point right now. However it has come to the stage, as it did with Sheerin, where one bad result could make his position untenable. 

He’s only 5 league games off Sheerin’s total and as it now stands, his record is only marginally worse than Sheerin as opposed to better. The last 5 games for both are similar too.

Sheerin’s last 5 league games- 7 points out of 5

Rennie’s- 8 out of 5

PPG total- 

Sheerin- 1.375(16 games)

Rennie- 1.36(11 games)