The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, TedCrilly said:

That’s absolutely wild if true.

100% true, we were after him all January. The new board won a watch with that one not getting it over the line. Worrying that their judgement was miles off trying to sign him though! 

13 hours ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

We have simply got to weed out the dross this summer, regardless of contract length. Next season the league will be tougher with Kelty and Queen of the south arriving and possibly Dunfermline as well.

I wouldn't object to Rennie getting the gig next season but he has been helped massively by just how dire it got under Holt, Sheerin and M&M and the fact that the majority of the squad is made up of their players. In reality a 40% win ratio despite our limited squad is terrible in this division, especially considering 2 of those 4 wins have come against East Fife.

I appreciate recruitment is hard but some of the guys we have signed over the last few years have been properly hilariously bad. Hopefully the new scout can ensure at least 70% of the new recruits are up to standard, which was at about 10% under Holt (and that is being generous)

The players I would keep below from our current squad, assuming we aren't promoted:

I've not bothered including Mills or Kabia as there's no way they're sticking around unfortunately. At the moment we've got quite a big squad of 24 plus the 4 guys away on loan. I'd happily trim down the quantity if that improves the quality. It's easier to offload players in the summer so hopefully we can get rid of as many of these jobbers as possible. 

The rest we'll probably be able to keep with the exceptions of Telfer and Dowds. If either of them get an offer from an aspiring Championship club I reckon they'll be away (see Aidan Connolly). On the subject of him I see he's banging our physio now. Hardly surprising considering the amount of time he spent in the treatment room whilst with us.

If we did somehow manage to get promoted I'd probably only keep Williamson, Watson, Telfer, Morrison, Griffiths & Dowds. I appreciate Raith and Partick have done well after going up without making wholescale changes but they won the league, whereas the quality of our squad is way below where it needs to be.

Have to say LOL on the Connolly comment. 👏

On 27/02/2022 at 12:15, Blame Me said:

Gordon Dalziel or Billy Stark for me

You must be ducking mad Jocky Scott was a bad enough suggestion but these two numpties would only guarantee more disaster. We need to stop appointing more & more managers and look internally to find the source of the problems at our club . There is something very wrong at the heart of the club ! 

13 minutes ago, Its not only a game said:

The harsh Reality Falkirk have  blown it this year. The poorest League 1 in years with Cove winners, next year will be much stronger with QOS , Kelty and possibly Dunfermline.

Can't see QOS being any great shakes, I'd imagine that they'll have to cut their cloth accordingly and I get the impression that Kelty will find it harder than most folk think. The likes of Tidser, Higginbotham and Cardle aren't getting any younger and Nathan Austin found things a lot harder when he was with us previously, albeit that was in the Championship. I also heard today that the money has dried up somewhat so they may not be able to bring better players in.

Time will tell I suppose.

12 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

You must be ducking mad Jocky Scott was a bad enough suggestion but these two numpties would only guarantee more disaster. We need to stop appointing more & more managers and look internally to find the source of the problems at our club . There is something very wrong at the heart of the club ! 

:lol:

3 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

These suggestions were tongue in cheek!

Does it really matter whose in the league next season? If we're run right , have the right manager in charge and use our budget in a fit and proper manner signing the right players we will have an excellent chance of getting promoted. However, if the summer window is anything like the last 6 transfer windows  we won't get anywhere it's as simple as that.  Let's concentrate on sorting ourselves out before worrying about who we're going to be playing . No matter how poor queens will be they'll be better than we are currently that's for sure.

100% true, we were after him all January. The new board won a watch with that one not getting it over the line. Worrying that their judgement was miles off trying to sign him though! 

I think tbf few expected the social and media backlash to the extent it generated but so glad we never.

21 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Does it really matter whose in the league next season? If we're run right , have the right manager in charge and use our budget in a fit and proper manner signing the right players we will have an excellent chance of getting promoted. .

I think you got the nail on the head for every club that's in Div 1 next season🤔

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Does it really matter whose in the league next season? If we're run right , have the right manager in charge and use our budget in a fit and proper manner signing the right players we will have an excellent chance of getting promoted. However, if the summer window is anything like the last 6 transfer windows  we won't get anywhere it's as simple as that.  Let's concentrate on sorting ourselves out before worrying about who we're going to be playing . No matter how poor queens will be they'll be better than we are currently that's for sure.

Had a further look at the BODs latest update, and it’s more than suggesting it’s been a longer gig than the six months (unless we further regressed)for R&M.

Critically important that the management team are now approaching/identifying key players whether it’s a PT/FT offer. 
Equally important, the minute we are unable to secure the play off spot, players that are not part of the plans for next season are jettisoned as quickly as possible. If this means sitting these guys in the stand or asking them not to attend match day, and bringing in the younger players I’m not fussed

Good managers should be able to wheel and deal, so the next three/four months need to be absolutely spot on in both players leaving and new in. 

23 minutes ago, laughing gravie said:

I think you got the nail on the head for every club that's in Div 1 next season🤔

Not at all. You see not every club has the same level of budget in this league.  If the team with the biggest budget spends it as well as it possibly could then they will go up.  For instance in the top flight hearts you would say have done pretty well with their budget this season but are still 21 points off Celtic. Not every club has aspirations of going up. Some will be happy just to avoid relegation.  Some will be happy with mid table, some the playoffs others promotion is the only goal.

25 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Had a further look at the BODs latest update, and it’s more than suggesting it’s been a longer gig than the six months (unless we further regressed)for R&M.

Critically important that the management team are now approaching/identifying key players whether it’s a PT/FT offer. 
Equally important, the minute we are unable to secure the play off spot, players that are not part of the plans for next season are jettisoned as quickly as possible. If this means sitting these guys in the stand or asking them not to attend match day, and bringing in the younger players I’m not fussed

Good managers should be able to wheel and deal, so the next three/four months need to be absolutely spot on in both players leaving and new in. 

I'm still far from convinced that Rennie is the man for the job.  He's got a lot of work to do between now and may to change that. We don't want another Pressley situation where he failed misey but was simply given the job anyway.

10 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

Can't see QOS being any great shakes, I'd imagine that they'll have to cut their cloth accordingly and I get the impression that Kelty will find it harder than most folk think. The likes of Tidser, Higginbotham and Cardle aren't getting any younger and Nathan Austin found things a lot harder when he was with us previously, albeit that was in the Championship. I also heard today that the money has dried up somewhat so they may not be able to bring better players in.

Time will tell I suppose.

Yes, I don’t think it’s any great secret that Deans & Co may well have cleaned out the bank account, emptied the biscuit tin and smashed the Bairns piggy bank too. Of course, the madness pre-dates them too…….take a bow AT and LM.

The next AGM is likely to be a humdinger, and despite it being 9 months until it comes around, I hope that for the first time in forever, it actually lays bare the real extent of our issues, why it was allowed to get that bad, what is now in place to stop it happening again, and what’s the big idea to get us back on track.

57 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I'm still far from convinced that Rennie is the man for the job.  He's got a lot of work to do between now and may to change that. We don't want another Pressley situation where he failed misey but was simply given the job anyway.

The reality is that we have one more season to make the championship. Failure will be catastrophic.
As said it looks like this is firmly on Rennie and Miller to get us there. Many on here have openly stated their opinions on wether the correct guy(s) are in place. 
For me it’s a bit unfair to judge after a quarter and a notorious difficult transfer window, add on the poorest team we managed to put together prior to their arrival.

However some of the new signings (performances) of ATS & Jacobs doesn’t fill me with confidence. 
The club enters the final quarter of games starting with Clyde, like many my opinion might change.

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I’m not won over either, however what I am certain of is if there is some positive we need to probably take a chance with continuity over the summer, unless there is an absolute wonder manager out there at the time.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

The reality is that we have one more season to make the championship. Failure will be catastrophic.
As said it looks like this is firmly on Rennie and Miller to get us there. Many on here have openly stated their opinions on wether the correct guy(s) are in place. 
For me it’s a bit unfair to judge after a quarter and a notorious difficult transfer window, add on the poorest team we managed to put together prior to their arrival.

However some of the new signings (performances) of ATS & Jacobs doesn’t fill me with confidence. 
The club enters the final quarter of games starting with Clyde, like many my opinion might change.

It astounds me that somebody looked at ATS and said he would be an improvement on what we have. I've yet to see him sprint, his hands dangle out in front of him when he runs and his actual use of the the ball is pitiful. He is also a complete shitebag.