The Falkirk FC Thread

8 hours ago, Springfield said:

I’d be astonished if most contracts dished out by the previous incumbents are not heavily weighted/caveated on promotion this year, and failure would see these ripped up, or at least re-negotiated. 

I sincerely hope that we’re getting rid of at least half the shite we suffered for so long, and if the BOD are to be taken seriously nothing less than a clear out will be acceptable.

The prospect of teams like EF PH taking the piss on our own turf is simply unacceptable.

Fans will back this club as long as they see it’s getting back on an even keel, this starts with a clear out. Anything else I suspect will see a massive drop in STs.

Where are the NB guys ? I’m sure there was a considerable amount of cash promised. Are these guys still around ? If there’s a time for support and further help/investment, one would guess it’s going to be in a couple of months time. 

The NB offer was for a completely different shape of the club. 7/8 are Patrons 

5 hours ago, JulioBairn said:

I think we’d all like stability but we have a major problem - we are 1 season away from going part time and keep signing shite players. There is no way we can start next season with the majority of this lot. If we want stability we need a better base to start from. 

We will be stuck with 12/13 of Holt/Sheerin’s shit. Whoever the manager is will have to pull strokes like Rennie did with Hall and Keena. 
All our better players outside Morrison are out of contract or loans. 
That is not going to be cheap to sort that 

4 hours ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Also Ferguson was also a proven winner. What he done at his other clubs was remarkable. Wasn’t like he was someone they took a punt on. They beat Real Madrid in the Cup Winners Cup Final. They knew they had a gem in their hands. Do we!?

Paul Hartley had a track record of winning 3 league titles. That went well. We are where we are because of 12 years of dreadful stewardship filled with poor decision making by people in it for themselves and their prestige. It is not going to turn around in five minutes. The damage that has been done is shameful. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

I never said he was a works best quote but was comparing his managerial CV, not his playing career, with Hartley and McKinnon. He has managed at a better level and yes it is better than the Scottish Premiership. 

No doubt there is more money involved than in Scotland and can therefore attract stars who are near retirement to go over and earn a pretty penny, but I don’t buy that it’s better or recognised by such from around Europe. Johnny Russell was 4 goals off top scorer last season. I’m a big fan of his but he’s never got that many goals elsewhere and, rightly or wrongly? gets overlooked by Scotland.

Lewis Morgan is also playing for a top team there despite being a failure at Celtic and Sunderland. Bear in mind too that regardless of how much better you think it is, Rennie finished 5th and 7th in a 9 team league. Is that really better than Hartley finishing 6th in the Scottish Premiership with Dundee?

I just don’t understand this narrative to rewrite everything to paint Rennie as far better than performances and results have been on the pitch.

I would like to see him succeed and certainly not calling for his head but he has been disappointing so far. No bumping up of his stats or polishing up his previous achievements will change that nor will it remove the fact that’s it’s been a poor start, should he hopefully go on to improve results. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

Guest Caractacus Potts
43 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Paul Hartley had a track record of winning 3 league titles. That went well. We are where we are because of 12 years of dreadful stewardship filled with poor decision making by people in it for themselves and their prestige. It is not going to turn around in five minutes. The damage that has been done is shameful. 

I don’t disagree with your sentiment however that’s not to suggest Rennie is the man for the job. Time will tell with that. I certainly hope to be won back over by him anyway. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

We are where we are because of 12 years of dreadful stewardship filled with poor decision making by people in it for themselves and their prestige. It is not going to turn around in five minutes. The damage that has been done is shameful. 

Are you Hope Street Walker in disguise?

Profiting From Failure: The Wash & Rinse Trade, Part I - MartinKronicle

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

You really think that Holt and Deans will have contracts that do that? Your confidence in their competence astonishes me. 

It’s not “confidence” as you refer to, simply standard practice. 

Edited by Springfield

4 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

We will be stuck with 12/13 of Holt/Sheerin’s shit. Whoever the manager is will have to pull strokes like Rennie did with Hall and Keena. 
All our better players outside Morrison are out of contract or loans. 
That is not going to be cheap to sort that 

It’s ok, we know Holt/Sheerin/Deans/Lang… are to blame and not the current regime. You don’t have to keep telling us.

Im aware of the contract situation and I’m aware it won’t be cheap to sort. However if we go into next season, our last as a full time club, with 13 of these players then we’d be as well going part time now.

1 hour ago, Springfield said:

It’s not “confidence” as you refer to, simply standard practice. 

Simply incompetence that’s what it was. We are stuck with that pool and to clear it out it will take some ducking and diving. 

2 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Are you Hope Street Walker in disguise?

Profiting From Failure: The Wash & Rinse Trade, Part I - MartinKronicle

You are being completely naive if you don’t think huge damage has been done.

5 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

It’s ok, we know Holt/Sheerin/Deans/Lang… are to blame and not the current regime. You don’t have to keep telling us.

Im aware of the contract situation and I’m aware it won’t be cheap to sort. However if we go into next season, our last as a full time club, with 13 of these players then we’d be as well going part time now.

Some seem to be forgetting who has caused this, that is why their damage is going to keep hurting us. Where is that cash coming from to sort it? 

25 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Some seem to be forgetting who has caused this, that is why their damage is going to keep hurting us. Where is that cash coming from to sort it? 

I don’t know where the cash is coming from but this could be a real big moment in our history, we simply can’t stick with 13 of these players. Personally I’d like to see a better uptake of the FSS but not convinced that alone would be enough.

Who knows, we may go up through the play offs and we don’t need to worry as much 🤷🏼‍♂️

25 minutes ago, JulioBairn said:

I don’t know where the cash is coming from but this could be a real big moment in our history, we simply can’t stick with 13 of these players. Personally I’d like to see a better uptake of the FSS but not convinced that alone would be enough.

Who knows, we may go up through the play offs and we don’t need to worry as much 🤷🏼‍♂️

I agree we can’t but it is going to cost money. It is a big problem 

10 hours ago, KiwiDB said:

What, like Leon McCann?

McCann was the best left back in the league whilst at Airdrie. Since we got him he's been asked to play in a defence with hall and Mackay and now we see the dreadful ATS getting picked in front of him. Perhaps if given a run in the side he might actually prove to be a decent signing.

Guest TedCrilly

I don’t see these 12 players as big a problem as people are making out. 3 are the young boys so will be on buttons, worth getting them out on loan early to see what they can do. A couple are players in there that could be part of a title winning side (mainly from the bench as squad players). You’ll never inherit a side that is a blank canvas and adding 8 of the right players to the above would be enough. Hopefully we can somehow get rid of Hetherington, McKay and Wilson.

Edited by TedCrilly

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

McCann was the best left back in the league whilst at Airdrie. Since we got him he's been asked to play in a defence with hall and Mackay and now we see the dreadful ATS getting picked in front of him. Perhaps if given a run in the side he might actually prove to be a decent signing.

I haven't seen much of us live this season, but I was at the Alloa away game and thought mccann had a good game. always offering himself up for the ball and tidy in possession. could beat a man and decent distribution

Just now, TedCrilly said:

I don’t see these 12 players as big a problem as made out. 3 are the young boys so will be on buttons, worth getting them out on loan to see what they can do. A couple are players that could be part of a title winning side (mainly from the bench). You’ll never inherit a side that is a blank canvas, adding 8 of the right players to the above would be enough. Hopefully we can somehow get rid of Hetherington, McKay and Wilson.

Some will do ok as squad players and others will be better with decent players beside them. Problem being we seem incapable of getting these better players in the door . I still feel that a leader at the back and a physical no nonsense midfielder would make a massive difference to the side.  Guys like Jacobs and Watson would do ok alongside those types but aren't the players we needed to get our season going unfortunately.  

10 hours ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

Yeah, you are right because the moaners are always correct on here, so why are none of them on the Patrons or fans society?

Whit?

So folk can't have an opinion unless they are members of one of the above societies?

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Some will do ok as squad players and others will be better with decent players beside them. Problem being we seem incapable of getting these better players in the door . I still feel that a leader at the back and a physical no nonsense midfielder would make a massive difference to the side.  Guys like Jacobs and Watson would do ok alongside those types but aren't the players we needed to get our season going unfortunately.  

You never get all transfers correct, but we’ve been a basket case in our choices. It feels like shite follows shite to the club.
Let’s not kid ourselves, if we’re facing a new season without Kabia Dowds Griffiths and retaining (as BPM threads) Holts/Deans legacy players we’ve not got a chance in hell of going up. 

As mentioned trying to get fans behind the monthly payments is a difficult sell, maybe the club should try a deal with STs to get a more positive uptake.